Make a lovely bouquet of tissue paper flowers to celebrate the arrival of spring, summer, or as a beautiful Mothers day craft for kids to make. This flower craft can be done by younger kids like preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders with help or older elementary age kids in4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade and up by themselves. No matter why you make these pretty hollycock flowers, this flower craft is sure to brighten up your space and is lots of fun to make too!
Spring has arrived in many parts of the world! With the arrival of warmer weather comes lively and chirping birds, green grass, and gorgeous blooming flowers. You can see flowers in all the colors of the rainbow including many shades of purple. Crafting flowers is a super fun thing to do! Try making these purple flowers together as a family or with a younger child. This purple flower craft can easily be made independently by kids 10 and older or with some help for younger kids. This flower craft make a perfect Mother’s Day craft! O try gathering the materials for your kiddos and let them create these gorgeous flowers for grandma! We hope you enjoy this lovely hollycock craft for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to make as a spring craft for kids or summer craft for kids!
Tissue paper flower craft
To create your stunning Purple Hollyhock Flower Craft, you will need:
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Wooden Beads in varying sizes
- Hot Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Tissue paper in your desired color
To make your Purple Hollyhock Flowers Craft:
1. Paint your sticks green. Be sure to let them dry fully before assembling the flowers. The hot glue will not stick well to slightly damp paint.
2. After the paint on the stick has fully dried, glue on the wooden beads. Start at the top with the smallest beads and work your way down to the largest bead, gluing the beads on with the holes out and accessible. It is only necessary to glue beads on the front and sides of your stick as you will not see the back most likely. Space the beads about half and inch apart. You need about 14 beads per foot long stick.
If desired, you can try painting the beads green. We really liked the natural look of the wooden bead. If you do choose to paint the beads, be sure not to cover the bead hole with paint.
Tissue paper flowers for kids
3. Fold one piece of tissue paper in half. Cut the paper into strips, some wider than others. These will become the flowers.
4. Cut each strip into several squares. Stack the squares of the same size and fold in half in one direction. Now fold in half in the opposite direction. Cut a half moon shape from one side of the loose end to the other. Unfold and you will have a circle. See picture for reference.
Tissue paper flowers
5. Separate the tissue paper circles. For each flower, you will fold the paper in half. Now fold the paper in half once more. Apply a bit of hot glue to the inside of the bead. Insert the tip of the folded paper into the bead.
6. Once you have filled every bead with the folded tissue paper, gently pull the paper open to form the flower.
7. For the smallest beads, roll a piece of tissue paper into a ball and glue onto the hole. These are your Hollyhock buds!!
Purple tissue paper flowers
Try wrapping your stems in white tissue paper and give them to your favorite person!! Happy Springtime!
Purple flower craft
Aren’t they just lovely! I love how the picture above shows the top buds aren’t fully open and then the larger ones on the bottom are – just like in nature.
Tissue paper flowers preschool
Mom willl love that a bouquet of these pretty purple flowers were handmade by her kids. And they wont wilt or dry out – this lovely mothers day gift will always stay pretty!
- Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Printable Flower Activity for Kids Scavenger Hunt
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- For more from Brainy Beginnings Network, try these ideas: Cereal Box Snails, and Stained Glass Windows, or these Pressed Flower Seashells
Mother’s day crafts
Looking for more fun ideas and clever Mother’s Day projects for kids of all ages? You will love these:
- Free Printable Homemade Mothers Day Cards
- Flower Bouquet Mothers Day Crafts
- Lacing Flower Craft Printable mothers day cards to color pdf
- Handprint Free printable mothers day crafts
- Cupcake Flower Mothers Day Craft with preschool mothers day poems
- Simple Preschool Mothers Day Cards for kids to make
- DIY Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Bouquet for MOm
- 25 Mothers Day Crafts for Kids
- SIMPLE Mother’s day handprint Craft Project
- 3D Mother’s day handprint art that will be a precious keepsake
- Free Mothers day coloring pages
- Make mom this beautiful flower suncatcher craft
- Mom will love a bouquet of pretty flower crafts