Make a lovely bouquet of tissue paper flowers to celebrate the arrival of spring, summer, or as a beautiful Mothers day craft for kids to make. This flower craft can be done by younger kids like preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders with help or older elementary age kids in4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade and up by themselves. No matter why you make these pretty hollycock flowers, this flower craft is sure to brighten up your space and is lots of fun to make too!
Spring has arrived in many parts of the world! With the arrival of warmer weather comes lively and chirping birds, green grass, and gorgeous blooming flowers. You can see flowers in all the colors of the rainbow including many shades of purple. Crafting flowers is a super fun thing to do! Try making these purple flowers together as a family or with a younger child. This purple flower craft can easily be made independently by kids 10 and older or with some help for younger kids. This flower craft make a perfect Mother’s Day craft! O try gathering the materials for your kiddos and let them create these gorgeous flowers for grandma! We hope you enjoy this lovely hollycock craft for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to make as a spring craft for kids or summer craft for kids!
Tissue paper flower craft
To create your stunning Purple Hollyhock Flower Craft, you will need:
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Wooden Beads in varying sizes
- Hot Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Tissue paper in your desired color
To make your Purple Hollyhock Flowers Craft:
1. Paint your sticks green. Be sure to let them dry fully before assembling the flowers. The hot glue will not stick well to slightly damp paint.
2. After the paint on the stick has fully dried, glue on the wooden beads. Start at the top with the smallest beads and work your way down to the largest bead, gluing the beads on with the holes out and accessible. It is only necessary to glue beads on the front and sides of your stick as you will not see the back most likely. Space the beads about half and inch apart. You need about 14 beads per foot long stick.
If desired, you can try painting the beads green. We really liked the natural look of the wooden bead. If you do choose to paint the beads, be sure not to cover the bead hole with paint.
Tissue paper flowers for kids
3. Fold one piece of tissue paper in half. Cut the paper into strips, some wider than others. These will become the flowers.
4. Cut each strip into several squares. Stack the squares of the same size and fold in half in one direction. Now fold in half in the opposite direction. Cut a half moon shape from one side of the loose end to the other. Unfold and you will have a circle. See picture for reference.
Tissue paper flowers
5. Separate the tissue paper circles. For each flower, you will fold the paper in half. Now fold the paper in half once more. Apply a bit of hot glue to the inside of the bead. Insert the tip of the folded paper into the bead.
6. Once you have filled every bead with the folded tissue paper, gently pull the paper open to form the flower.
7. For the smallest beads, roll a piece of tissue paper into a ball and glue onto the hole. These are your Hollyhock buds!!
Purple tissue paper flowers
Try wrapping your stems in white tissue paper and give them to your favorite person!! Happy Springtime!
Purple flower craft
Aren’t they just lovely! I love how the picture above shows the top buds aren’t fully open and then the larger ones on the bottom are – just like in nature.
Tissue paper flowers preschool
Mom willl love that a bouquet of these pretty purple flowers were handmade by her kids. And they wont wilt or dry out – this lovely mothers day gift will always stay pretty!
- Color changing Capillary Action Experiment with flowers, blooming paper flowers – simple Capillary Action expeirment with flowers, Simple Capillary action experiment with flowers, or color changing flower expeirment worksheet
- Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets, counting seeds sunflower math activities, or this paper plate Sunflower craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft for kids, Fork art yellow Dandelion craft, or seeded dandellion craft, pretty zinnia fingerprint flower preschool, paper van gogh sunflowers for kids craft, purple Delphinium egg carton flowers, easy letter f handprint craft, or lacing flower craft
- Lots of Plant Activities for Kindergarten and grow a crystal flower science activities for preschoolers
- Build a Flower Digraph Worksheets alternative or rhyming flower cvc words
- Chromatography Flowers project for children or simple baking soda flower activity for preschoolers
- Flower telling timeworksheets pdf free, free printable sticker counting flower math activites for preschoolers, number names flower puzzle printable, printable shape flower craft, or shape flower playdough mats
- Spin Art Flower Craft Preschool, simply bow hyacinth flower craft, egg carton tulip craft,
- Try our free printable Flower Scavenger Hunt or US state flowers activity
- Flower Parts of a Plant Flipbook or this easy jello pollination experiment
- Build fraction flowers activity or this part puzzle / worksheet flower fractions practice
- Stuning pasta flower craft, or flower pasta mosaic art, petty painted flower craft preschool, beautiful egg carton flowers, Lacing Craft with free cut out flower template
- Flower sight words game for 1st graders or flower sight word maze for kindergartners
- Flower Alphabet Matching printable puzzles, hands-on build a flower beginning sounds worksheets for kindergarten pdf
- Free Printable Flower Worksheets, flower activity sheets for pre-k and kindergarten, or kindergarten flower counting worksheet
- Letter Matching Sunflower Alphabet Letters or ABC flower dot marker printable
- Printable Flower Name Craft or over 100 flower craft preschool and up
- See our themed flowers activities for preschoolers or a huge list of flower activities for preschoolers and kindergartners you can add to your lesson plan
- Don’t miss our flower books for preschoolers
- See all our flowers for kids free printables and activity ideas
Make a lovely bouquet of tissue paper flowers to celebrate the arrival of spring or give the flower craft as a beautiful Mothers day craft