Kids will love this fun, easy, summer craft for kids of all ages! Pick some wild flowers or make use of dried up cut flower to make these beautiful flower crafts.
Plan your Summer Bucket List
- Ice Cream Summer Bucket List (freebie) – use our ideas or your own with these super cute summer bucket list visual
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat (freebie) – perfect for celebrating the first day of summer
- Farm Hidden Pictures (freebie) – perfect for roadtrips or rainy days this fun summer printable helps kids work on visual discrimination
- Watermelon Alphabet Mats (freebie) – sneak in hands-on alphabet practice this summer
- 24 Summer Books for Kids – picture books that celebrate summer!
- Subtraction Sandcastles Math Craft (freebie) – sneak in some math practice this summer with this adorable printable math craft
- Camping Tracing Strips (freebie) – help toddler/preschoolers practice pre-writing skills
- Amazing Dying Flowers Science Experiment – kids will flip over this activity where they can change the color of flowers into 2 different colors!
- Monthly Stories for Kids – free printable activity calendar with daily book and activity celebrating fun holidays and monthly themes
Craft with Flowers
One of my favorite things about spring and summer is the abundance of beautiful flowers in various shapes, sizes, and COLORS! Sadly, some flowers bloom for only a matter of weeks before they are done for the year. This beautiful flower craft for kids allows you to preserve your flowers beauty just before they start fading… so you can enjoy them the rest of the summer!
Start out by cutting out the center of the small green plate, leaving the circle frame intact.
Fold a self-seal laminating sheet in half then cut the sheet to the size of the green plate frame.
Open up half of the laminating sheet (unto the fold) and have your child place flower, pedals, or leaves on the sheet in the pattern they like.
Now press the other half of the laminating sheet on top of the flowers and press the entire area to seal well.
Tape the self-sealing-laminating sheet to the back (white side) of the paper plate.
There you have it – a simple to make, pretty summer craft with flowers that kids of all ages will enjoy making.
Flower Craft Ideas
I love the way the air pockets and creases in the self-sealing laminating pages look. They give it such a pretty antiqued look. Pretty, right?
These beautiful flower suncatchers will brighten up any window. Each one is different and fun to make. Plus these suncatchers make a great gift for Mothers Day, Fathers Day, or Grandparents Day.
More Summer Kids Activities
Watermelon Explosion is not only ridiculously fun, but will teach kids about potential and kinetic energy too! This Amazing Bubble Artwork Project is as fun to make as it is beautiful! Slime is always a fun kids activity and our 2 ingredient WOW Slime is the best slime recipe you will ever try!
This easy-to-make Silly Grass Craft for Kids is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. You will love the fun technique and striking finished results in our Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft. Make science come alive with this colorful and easy Polymer Chemistry Experiment.