Here is a simple, easy to make windsock craft for kids to make as they celebrate the arival of spring! This wind sock craft is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to make. Your kids will love making this brigh and cheery paper windsock craft with stremers and do a dot markers. It is a wonderful spring craft for preschoolers.
The first “official” day of spring is at the end of the week. But in our neck of the wood it feels like spring – YEAH! Here is a simple, fun spring craft for kids that will brighten your home. This windosck craft is such a simple craft with endless opportunities to personalize it! Use this wind sock craft with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Parents and Teachers will love how simple this craft is for kids to make themselves as they celebrate the arrival of spring and warmer weather in March and April.
Wind sock craft
My kids love using bingo markers. So we are always looking for ways to incorporate them into crafts and learning activities. Today’s Simple Simple Spring Windsock Craft is a great one to incorporate them! All yo uneed for this simple spring craft are a few simle materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- white or colored paper
- dingo daubers in various color choices
- hole punch
- pipe cleaner (also called chenille sticks)
- party streamers in assorted colors
Windsock craft preschool
To start with let your kids decorate a regular sheet of cardstock with bingo markers – however they want to. They can make a pattern, go nuts stamping the dot markers. Allow the project to dry; time will vary depending on how much your child has saturated their paper. We just went out side to play while we waited for the project to dry!
Easy windsock craft
Now pull the short ends together and tape to make a tall cylinder and tape along the edge to hold in place.
Preschool windsock craft
Using a hole punch make two holes on opposite sides of the cylinder.
Windsock craft for kindergarten
Now insert a pipe cleaner (any color) into the hole and twist the edge to hold. Now take the other end of the pipe cleaner and put it through the other hole on the opposite side of the windsock and twist to make it stay. Now have a handle to hang the rainbow windsock craft. You now have lanterns.
Now using crepe paper (we have leftover rolls from birthday parties laying around) tape one end on the inside of the lantern. Leave about 15” of a tail and cut.
Windsock craft for kids
Repeat until you have various colors going all around the inside of the lantern. Now you have a rainbow windsock.
Windsock craft for toddlers
The kids were so proud of their rainbow windsocks. They were super simple for all my kiddos to make and are such a cheery addition to our dining room to hold us over until spring hits!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
Do Marker Worksheets
Looking for more activities to try with your do a dot printables? You will love these free worksheets:
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Number Bingo Dauber printables – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Use Dot Markers to complete these cute Beginning Sounds Worksheets
- Mystery Picture Worksheets with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- Star Wars Free Printable Letter Recognition Worksheets
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Printable Game using dot markers
- Flower Letter Identification Worksheets
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Simple Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
Free Dot Marker Printables
- Robot Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worksheet pages
- Maze CVC Words Worksheets with dot markers
- Free Trigraph Worksheets to complete with Bingo Daubers
- Airplane Dab CVC Worksheets
- Alphabet Bingo Dauber Printables
- Cooking Up Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten with do a dot markers
- Apple Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Landform Worksheets pdf FREE
- Endangered Animals Letter Find Worksheets
- Simple Fall Do a Dot Printables for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Letter Find Pumpkin Worksheets for Preschool with bingo daubers
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Final Consonant Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- Cute, FREE preschool calendar printables 2021
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Snow Globe Winter Worksheets for Kindergarten with dab markers