Looking for a fun summer activity for kids? You are going to love blowing colorful snake bubble. This sock bubbles activity is super simple and such an easy summer activity idea for toddlder, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. It takes blowing bakcyard bubles to a new level making long, colorful snakes with a simple technique using a sock and a plastic bottle. You’ve got to try this bubble snake experiment.
Kids will love this fun, creative bubble activity! Blowing snake bubbles is a quick and easy summer activity for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. In just 5 minutes with common household materials you will be making your own sock bubbles outside enjoying lazy summer days! Whether you are a parent looking for ideas for your summer bucket list, teacher looking for ideas for summer camp, or grandparents looking for ideas to enjoy with their grandkids – this
All you need to try this easy summer activity are a few simle materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- plastic buttle (we used an empty water bottle)
- sock (we picked one of the ones laying around that had lost the other one to make a pair)
- dish detergent
- rubberband or packing tape
- food coloring
Bubble snake experiment
Getting set-up to do this activity couldn’t be easier. Just grab a water bottle and cut off the bottom. Put a sock (probably one you don’t mind throwing out afterwards) over the cut end and use packing tape to make it stick to the bottle.
In a small bowl mix dawn dish detergent and a a couple TAB water.
Now drop food coloring on the sock (a grown up should supervise closely to ensure you don’t end up with food coloring on clothes!)
Dip the sock in bubble solution and blow into the bottle. Keep blowing to get super long clouds.
It was a little windy the day we did it so the bubbles kept breaking off when they reached about 18”. (probably why my kids though they looked like clouds).
If you did this on a non windy day I bet you could get the clouds to be a couple feet long at least!
Rainbow bubble snakes
Aren’t the colors beautiful in this diy bubble snake!
Summer Activity for Kids
I do want to point out that the food coloring will probably get on your child’s hands. It washed right off later that night. But do be careful about how much food coloring you use, especially if you adore the swimsuit or play clothes your children are wearing.
My kids thought it was so much fun trying to create the longest bubble snake or make the most colourful bubble snake. This was such a quick and easy summer activity for all my kids to do together!
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano – a fun twist on classic volcano science project using acidity of lemon instead of vinegar as the acid
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW your kids!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Exploring with Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Scented, Watermelon Playdough Recipe for summer
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Baking Soda Vinegar Experiment
There are so many fun ways to play and teach kids about chemical reactions using a baking soda and vinegar reaction. Here are some of our favorite baking soda and vinegar activities.
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Look Inside a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Science Play – Dinosaur Activities for Preschoolers
- Glitter Volcano Pretty Science Experiment
- Science Powered Boats with Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers