Looking for quick and easy magnet experiments for kids? This magnetic field sensory bottle allows toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders to explore magnets for kids in a playful way. Kids will be amazed at the power of magnets in this magnet game for kids. This is such a fun science activity for children to explore magnet science experimensts.
Magnet Experiments for Kids
At it’s simplest form, Science is basically trial and error based on a best guess known as a hypothesis. This magnet activity for kids allows children of all ages from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 to explore the properties of magnets with a magnetic field sensory bottle! Children will be able to play and test ongoing magnet science experiments they conceive all in a contained magnet experiment for kids. What a fun way for kids to explore magnets and magnetic fields! This is a very simple to make magnetic bottle that will provide hours and hours of playful science play for kids!
Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle
All you need to try these magnet activities for preschoolers are a few materials you can easily pick-up from Amazon or the retailer of your choice:
Magnet Activities for Preschoolers
Basically you are going to pour the iron oxide powder into your bottle. Now close the lid. Now kids can experiment with magnets without having to worry about fillings getting all over.
Note: This activity is inteded to be used with adult supervision. Do not ingest or inhale iron! That is why we use the sensory bottles to allow kids to explore the physics of magnets without breathing or touching the fillings which could potentially go in the children’s mouths.
Magnet Games for Kids
Wondering why we use a special type of magnets? Neodymium magnets are the strongest permanent magnets commercially available, anywhere in the world. So they allow the magnets to work well through the bottle to allow students to see cause and effect as they experiemnt with the power of magnets and a magneti field.
Note: As these are strong magnets please be carefuly that they do not pinch skin. Magnets should never be ingested or put in children’s mouth. Please only use magnets under close adult supervision. Keep magnets at least 20cm away from sensitive electronic and storage devices such as credit cards, televisions, pace makers, phones, computer hard drives, etc.
Magnet Science Experiments
The idea of this magnet activity is to allow kids to explore the power of magnets using their own inert sense of wonder and exploration. If they are having trouble getting started show them how as you move the magnets on the ousdie of the bottle, the iron on the inside shifts and forms unique formations.
If you use more than one magnet stacked together it is stronger and creates a bigger pull and force on the iron to create larger creations.
You can put magnets on each side of the bottle and even move the magnet to move the iron filling to make some really cool formations. Trust me, it won’t take long for kids to be absolutely amazed and fascinated with the science of magnets and they will be happily explore magnets.
This is so much fun to play and explore with magnets. As an adult I was even mesmorized by the cool formations I could make!
Magnet Experiments for Kindergarten
Magnets for Kids
Magnet Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun ways for kids to explore magnets and physical science? Check these out:
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano – a fun twist on classic volcano science project using acidity of lemon instead of vinegar as the acid
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW your kids!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Exploring with Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Baking Soda Vinegar Experiment
There are so many fun ways to play and teach kids about chemical reactions using a baking soda and vinegar reaction. Here are some of our favorite baking soda and vinegar activities.
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Look Inside a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Science Play – Dinosaur Activities for Preschoolers
- Glitter Volcano Pretty Science Experiment
- Science Powered Boats with Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers