Kids will be so excited to turn cute, fluffly peep marshmallows into the BEST peeps playdough in just 2 minutes. All you need to to make this easy peep playdough recipe are 3 ingredients. This is EDIBLE playdough an epic Easter activity for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergartners, first graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders too. Let me show you how to make edible playdough with peeps.
St Patricks Day isn’t even over and the Easter merchandise has already started filling the shelves at your local stores from Target to Walmart. Peeps are such a cute, colorful Easter candy that tempts us to add it to our cards. Instead of eating a lot of sugary peeps you can use them for some spring fun instead! Whip this easter treat into peeps playdough. This peep playdough recipe is WAY BETTER than the other one’s you’ve tried before – it actually stays nice and soft! Plus it is edible playdough so you don’t have to worry if your little one wants to sample their creations. This easter activity for kids is fun for all ages from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3.
So if you are looking for an Easter playdough with peeps, let me show you how to make peeps playdough. Still looking for other uses with peeps? Try roasting them over the campfire for a special smore or put them in bread you tost in the oven (to get it a little melty) then spreading peanut butter and nutella for a yummy lunch your kids will look foward to every year!
Peeps Playdough Recipe
To make this peep playdough you only need a few simple ingredients. Start out by getting your favorite color of peeps to whip up this peeps recipe. Typically, you can find peeps in yellow, green, purple, blue, and pink.
In a microwave safe bowl put the following ingredients:
- 5 peeps
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco (we use the blue box)
Edible peeps playdough
Microwave for 30 seconds; stir. (you can add food coloring for more bold colors, but we liked the soft pastel playdough colors the Peeps made)
Kids will LOVE watching the peeps grow and get all poofy as they expand in the microwave as they cook. After all -they are really just shaped marshmallows topped with colored sugar.
Peeps Edible Playdough
When the playdough is cool enough to touch (give it a good 30-60 seconds before you touch it) grab the marshmallow playdough and kneed the easy playdough recipe until you get a smooth dough. It will only take 30 seconds or so.
Easter Playdough with Peeps
We like to make various peep playdough recipe so that we have various colored easter play doh.
Use the playdough recipe to strengthen hand muscles which will help your kiddos prepare for writing! It is so much fun to shape and re shape the dough in this easter activities for kids.
Plus the slightly warm dough is so much fun to play with!
Easy Playdough Recipe
This Peeps Edible Playdough in yellow, pink, blue and green is such a fun easter activity for children of all ages. Whether you make this as part of an Easter theme, as afun family activity during April, include it as a favore in plastic easter eggs for kids to find on a hunt and put in their easter basket, or as a spring activity after you get peeps on clearance after Easter.
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Crafts
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Activities and Crafts – lots of fun Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Easter Bunny Craft
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Art for Kids – simple, yet stunning craft for kids of all ages!
- Easter Cross Craft at showing the cross at sunrise
- Lots of super cute Jesus Resurrection Craft Ideas
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Bunny Crafts for Toddlers
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft for Elementary students
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt for at home or neighborhood
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Fun Easter Bingo (religious)
- Easter Egg Activity for Toddlers – egg hunt and color sorting activity
- Alphabet Matching Easter Egg Activity
- Simple Easter Activity for Kindergarten Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes – are a fun print and go activity
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Easter Egg Activities
- Easter Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Spring Activity for Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Number Trace
- Alphabet Mats Easter Activity for Preschoolers
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Worksheets for Preschoolers Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Activities for Preschool
- Preschool Math Puzzle Egg Puzzle Printables
- Easter activity for Kindergarten practicing sight words
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Activitiy for Kids
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Egg Word Families
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Easter Egg Phonics Printables
- Practice patterns with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Matching Easter Activity for Preschool
- Letter Tracing Easter Alphabet Letters
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Game
- Create-a-Word Easter Spelling Activities
- Easter Egg Activity Matching Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Easter Math Worksheets where students will color by Hundreds Chart
- Fun Easter sight word activities
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt for pre-k and kindergarten
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment Worksheet
- Amazing Air Presssure Experiments using an Egg
- Fun Egg Drop Project Ideas
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment hypothesis for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter science experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Transportation Playdough mats
- Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Animal Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Apple Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Spider Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Peeps Playdough
- Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Color Changing Playdough
- Number Playdough Mats
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Tracing letters a-z
- Birthday Cake Printable Playdough mats
- Kids Counting Castle Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables