In under 2 minutes you can make the BEST peeps playdough with just 3 ingredients. This easy playdough recipe is EDIBLE! The epic Easter activity for toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, kindergartners, first graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders.
St Patricks Day isn’t even over and the Easter merchandise has already started filling the shelves at your local stores from Target to Walmart. Peeps are such a cute, colorful Easter candy that tempts us to add it to our cards. Instead of eating a lot of sugary peeps you can use them for some spring fun instead! Whip this easter treat into peeps playdough.
This recipe is WAY BETTER than the other one’s you’ve tried before – it actually stays nice and soft! Plus it is edible playdough so you don’t have to worry if your little one wants to sample their creations.
Still looking for other uses with peeps? Try roasting them over the campfire for a special smore or put them in bread you tost in the oven (to get it a little melty) then spreading peanut butter and nutella for a yummy lunch your kids will look foward to every year!
To make this peep playdough you only need a few simple ingredients. Start out by getting your favorite color of peeps to whip up this peeps recipe. Typically, you can find peeps in yellow, green, purple, blue, and pink.
In a microwave safe bowl put the following ingredients:
- 5 peeps
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco (we use the blue box)
Microwave for 30 seconds; stir. (you can add food coloring for more bold colors, but we liked the soft pastel playdough colors the Peeps made)
Kids will LOVE watching the peeps grow and get all poofy as they expand in the microwave as they cook. After all -they are really just shaped marshmallows topped with colored sugar.
Easter Play Doh
When the playdough is cool enough to touch (give it a good 30-60 seconds before you touch it) grab the marshmallow playdough and kneed the easy playdough recipe until you get a smooth dough. It will only take 30 seconds or so.
We like to make various peep playdough recipe so that we have various colored easter play doh.
Use the playdough recipe to strengthen hand muscles which will help your kiddos prepare for writing! It is so much fun to shape and re shape the dough in this easter activities for kids.
Plus the slightly warm dough is so much fun to play with!
Easy Playdough Recipe
This Peeps Edible Playdough in yellow, pink, blue and green is such a fun easter activity for children of all ages. Whether you make this as part of an Easter theme, as afun family activity during April, include it as a favore in plastic easter eggs for kids to find on a hunt and put in their easter basket, or as a spring activity after you get peeps on clearance after Easter.
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
Don’t miss these other AMAZING free playdough mats to learn a variety of skills:
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Task Cards for Preschool Mat
- Birthday Cake Counting Mats
- Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Number Playdough Mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!