This fun hands-on human body for kids project is such a fun way to learn about our amazing bodies! These Human Body Playdough Mats are a fun way for kids of all ages to learn about what is inside our body. Learn about human body parts for kids by completing the free printable playdouh mats. Children will learn about body systems for kids as they make bones, skeletal system, muscles, organs, and more! Use these playdough mats as part of a study of anatomy making human body model for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Simply print the playdoh mats and learn about my body parts for kids with a hands-on science activity.
Human Body for Kids
Human Body Playdough Mats
Play doh body parts
These FREE printable playdough mats are a great, hands on learning activity for kids explore what is under their skin including:
- human skeleton for kids
- human body parts for kids
- human body parts for kids
- body organs for kids
There are lots of choices to learn about bones, organs, muscles and more in COLOR OR BLACK & WHITE. The blackline version will save on printer ink costs.
Play doh human body
Print the version of boy or girl, skeletal system or blank, close-up or whole body. Stick it in a page protector or laminate for durability if using repeatedly or with a group setting.
Free printable human body playdough mats
Set-out with various colors of playdough. Each includes a guide at the top right corner, but consider using with book on the human body or printable my body book to guide students.
Play doh anatomy
You can add whatever human body organs for kids you have learned about. We made each organ a different color so it was easy to tell them apart. Above we added the small and large intestines.
Play doh digestive system
Children can use play doh on the close-up human body mat to make various human body organs for kids to visualize what is inside their body. The internal body parts for kids we made included the trachea, lungs, heart, large intestine, small intestine, stomach, liver, brain, and more.
Playdough human body
Using play dough children can learn about their skeletal system for kids by making bones on the various boy, girl, black/white, light/dark colored skin playdough mat. You can be very general for a simple human body for children study, or label orally or on your playdough mat the various bones such as skull, sternum, ribs, radius, ulna, pelvis, tibia, fibula, femur, knee cap, scapula, humorous, flanges, and more.
NOTE: The older the child, the more they will look like actual bones.
Kids will be able to visualize how muscles attach bones together (using ligaments) so that your bones move using this muscles for kids activity. Again, there are several choices!
This is such a fun human body preschool, or for elementary age students such as human body for kindergarten.
Digestive system play doh
You could even play this as a reiew game where someone states an organ and then everyoen has to add the organ to their human body playdoh mat. Continue playing and look at the end to see whose person is the most anatomically correct =)
Human Body Book
Your unit will come alive these these human body books for kids, human body puzzles, xrays to explore, life the lap books, and so much more!
Human Body for Kids
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- Human Body Printables makes a printable book that teaches students all about their heart, brain, muscles, cells, skin, bones, lungs, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this model of ear for school project
Human Body Projects
- Parts of the Brain for Kids Activity with Playdough Brain Model & Free Brain Worksheets for Kids
- Lungs for Kids Working Model and lesson plan
- The Digestive System for Kids Experiment
- Blood for Kids – Actiivty to learn about the Human Body
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- How do Lungs Work Human Body Project for Kids
Human body activities for kids
- Human Heart for Kids: 2 Fun Heart Models plus Worksheets
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Huge pack of 5 Senses Worksheets to explore the senses and sneak in some math and literacy activities too
- How do Hands Work – Human Body Muscles for Kids Project
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- How Long are the Intestines for Kids – Digestive System Experiment
- Bending Bones – Human Body Experiment Removing Calcium for Kids
- How do Muscles Work – Simply Skeletal Muscle Model that works
- See all of our hands-on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN and more creative printable science experiments for all ages
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Smash Playdough Mat for Teaching Subtraction to Kindergarteners
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
My Body Parts for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart Purchase and used with permission (see file for attribution)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
These are amazing. Would I be allowed to share with the families I teach while we are distance learning currently?
Thank you!!!! Love these Play-Doh Body Mats, they’re awesome and I can’t wait to use them with my class! Stay healthy!
Thank you so much for these resources! It helps so much!!! -Homeschooling mom to 3