This fun hands-on human body for kids project is such a fun way to learn about our amazing bodies! These Human Body Playdough Mats are a fun way for kids of all ages to learn about what is inside our body. Learn about human body parts for kids by completing the free printable playdouh mats. Children will learn about body systems for kids as they make bones, skeletal system, muscles, organs, and more! Use these playdough mats as part of a study of anatomy making human body model for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Simply print the playdoh mats and learn about my body parts for kids with a hands-on science activity.
Human Body for Kids
Human Body Playdough Mats
Human Body Printables
These FREE printable playdough mats are a great, hands on learning activity for kids explore what is under their skin including:
- human skeleton for kids
- human body parts for kids
- human body parts for kids
- body organs for kids
There are lots of choices to learn about bones, organs, muscles and more in COLOR OR BLACK & WHITE. The blackline version will save on printer ink costs.
Human Body Parts for Kids
Print the version of boy or girl, skeletal system or blank, close-up or whole body. Stick it in a page protector or laminate for durability if using repeatedly or with a group setting.
Human body organs for kids
Set-out with various colors of playdough. Each includes a guide at the top right corner, but consider using with book on the human body or printable my body book to guide students.
Body Organs for Kids
You can add whatever human body organs for kids you have learned about. We made each organ a different color so it was easy to tell them apart. Above we added the small and large intestines.
Body Systems for kids
Children can use play doh on the close-up human body mat to make various human body organs for kids to visualize what is inside their body. The internal body parts for kids we made included the trachea, lungs, heart, large intestine, small intestine, stomach, liver, brain, and more.
Using play dough children can learn about their skeletal system for kids by making bones on the various boy, girl, black/white, light/dark colored skin playdough mat. You can be very general for a simple human body for children study, or label orally or on your playdough mat the various bones such as skull, sternum, ribs, radius, ulna, pelvis, tibia, fibula, femur, knee cap, scapula, humorous, flanges, and more.
NOTE: The older the child, the more they will look like actual bones.
Muscular System for Kids
Kids will be able to visualize how muscles attach bones together (using ligaments) so that your bones move using this muscles for kids activity. Again, there are several choices!
This is such a fun human body preschool, or for elementary age students such as human body for kindergarten.
Human Body Game
You could even play this as a reiew game where someone states an organ and then everyoen has to add the organ to their human body playdoh mat. Continue playing and look at the end to see whose person is the most anatomically correct =)
Human Body Book
Your unit will come alive these these human body books for kids, human body puzzles, xrays to explore, life the lap books, and so much more!
Human body activities for kids
We continued exploring the five senses with these grade school and human body preschool activities:
- Parts of the Brain for Kids Activity with Playdough Brain Model & Free Brain Worksheets for Kids
- Lungs for Kids Working Model and lesson plan
- Human Heart for Kids: 2 Fun Heart Models plus Worksheets
- Blood for Kids – Actiivty to learn about the Human Body
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- Human Body Printables makes a printable book that teaches students all about their heart, brain, muscles, cells, skin, bones, lungs, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this model of ear for school project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Huge pack of 5 Senses Worksheets to explore the senses and sneak in some math and literacy activities too
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- See all of our hands-on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN and more creative printable science experiments for all ages
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on battery experiments
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon experiment that explores density
- Easy Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Easy Rubber Band Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project Ideas
- Simple Bernoille Ping Pong Ball experiment
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Popsicle Stick Catapult STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure experiments
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines for kids projects you will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering why do leaves change color for kids
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Amazing POP rocks experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System for Kindergarten (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun electricity experiment projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Experiment Worksheets
- 4 Fun Skeletal System Project Ideas
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this food coloring flower experiment worksheet
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- EPIC Life-size Human Body Project w/ free printables!
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Lego Electricity Science Experiments
- Marshmallow Shooters STEM Activity
- Find LOTS more EASY Printable Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Smash Playdough Mat for Teaching Subtraction to Kindergarteners
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
My Body Parts for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart Purchase and used with permission (see file for attribution)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!