Learn about the Parts of the Brain for Kids with this fun brain activity for kids and handy brain worksheets! Children will learn about the functions of the brain for kids as part of our human body lesson. Use this brain project with elementary age students in first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th garde students. Simply grab pdf file with brain diagram for kids and you are ready to play and learn with hands-on human body activities for kids!
Parts of the Brain for Kids
As part of our human body for kids lesson we learned about the bones, muscles, arteries, lungs, senses, and more. We’ve used both free printable human body worksheets and hands-on edible skin projects and human body playdough mats! So as we came to an incredibly part of our bodies, I knew we needed a fun activity, lots of information, and a great way to review and remember what we’d learned too! This parts of the brain for kids lesson includes a playdough brain model for kids to make, brain digram for kids to visually see all the parts of our brains, and brain worksheets for children to learn the important functions of the brain for kids.
These brain activities for kids are fun for kids of all ages from grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, and grade 7 students. My daughter in Classical Conversations Challenge A had fun with this brain activity for her anatomy lessons! We hope you enjoy this human body activity for kids as much as we have. I know the kids AND I learned a lot.
Brain Diagram for Kids
Functions of the Brain for Kids
We started off by watching a vidoe on our amazing brain
Then we read some fun brain for kids books!
Brain Activities for Kids
Did you know your brain is more powerful than any computer? Our brains are pretty amazing! Our brain is a 3-pound wrinkly, pink organ that is soft like a mushroom. Luckily, it is protected by eight bones called the cranium. In a split second, our brain can notice a glass is going to fall off the counter and control everything to stop that mess from happening. Your eyes see what’s going on and tell your brain how quickly you need to react. Then your muscles spring into action. They even know to tell our heart to keep beating and our lungs to keep breathing oygen while we sleep. WOW!
Your brain has about 100 billion tiny cells called neurons which send messages back and forth. It’s no wonder your brain uses about 20% of the energy from your blood and oxygen. Although it stops growing when you turn 18, it keeps developing and learning until you are in your 40s.
Their are 2 brain function worksheets where your student will learn about the different parts of the brain your child will learn about are:
- FRONTAL LOBES – The frontal lobes control voluntary movement such as reasoning, planning, parts of speech and movement, emotions, and problem-solving It is fully developed by age 10.
- PARIETAL LOBES – The parietal lobe provides sensory information to the brain including touch, pain and temperature.
- OCCIPITAL LOBES – The occipital lobe processes and interprets everything we see
- TEMPORAL LOBES – The temporal lobe controls emotions and short-term memory
- CEREBELLUM – The cerebellum controls balance, movement, and coordination (how your muscles work together).
- BRAIN STEM – The brain stem connects the rest of the brain to the spinal cord, which runs down your neck and back. The brain stem is in charge of all the functions your body needs to stay alive, like breathing air, digesting food, and circulating blood.
Next up, there are 3 free printable brain worksheets for kids to review what the’ve learned:
- Color the Brain: What Does Each Part of the Brain Do – Identify the major parts of brain and color the activities that it controls by the code below. This brain coloring sheet was my kids’ favorite!
- Parts of the Brain Worksheet – Label the human brain by writing the number on the brain template
- Label the Brain Parts Worksheet – Use the brain vocabulary from the word bank to label the brain areas
Human Body Activities for Kids
Next we made a 3d brain model for kids using playdough and this brain mold
The kids used what they had learn about the different parts and the worksheets in this human body printables pack to make a different color for each part of the brain. This was such a great way to review what they have learned.
We also used our brain mold to make this EPIC science birthday party cake!
Human Body for Kids
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- Human Body Printables makes a printable book that teaches students all about their heart, brain, muscles, cells, skin, bones, lungs, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this model of ear for school project
- Parts of the Brain for Kids Activity with Playdough Brain Model & Free Brain Worksheets for Kids
- Lungs for Kids Working Model and lesson plan
- Human Heart for Kids: 2 Fun Heart Models plus Worksheets
- Blood for Kids – Actiivty to learn about the Human Body
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Huge pack of 5 Senses Worksheets to explore the senses and sneak in some math and literacy activities too
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- See all of our hands-on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN and more creative printable science experiments for all ages
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on battery experiments
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon experiment that explores density
- Easy Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Easy Rubber Band Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project Ideas
- Simple Bernoille Ping Pong Ball experiment
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Popsicle Stick Catapult STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure experiments
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines for kids projects you will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering why do leaves change color for kids
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Amazing POP rocks experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System for Kindergarten (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun electricity experiment projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Experiment Worksheets
- 4 Fun Skeletal System Project Ideas
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this food coloring flower experiment worksheet
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- EPIC Life-size Human Body Project w/ free printables!
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Lego Electricity Science Experiments
- Marshmallow Shooters STEM Activity
- Find LOTS more EASY Printable Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Brain Printables for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!