Get ready for your kids to be amazed with this epic glow in the dark playdough recipe! This easy-to-make glow in the dark playdough recipe is sure to delight your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten and first grade students. They will be amazed how their playdough will come alive in the dark. This glow in the dark activities is sure to create some special memories!
Glow in the Dark Playdough
Kids love playing with play dough! They love squishing and building with it to create lots of shapes, scenes, cookies and more. It not only allows they to be creative with their imaginations, but it is great for strengthening hand muscles so toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners are ready for writing! This is not your run-of-the-mill playdough recipe! This amazing playdough recipe for kids glows in the dark! Seriously! Your children are going to love this glow in the dark playdough perfect for playing and building with while creating some fun memories with an outrageously fun kids activity.
Glow in the dark playdough recipe
My kid love playing with playdough. It is not only a great creative outlet, but also strengthen their hand muscles so they will be ready to write. But today was all about play! We made glow in the dark playdough.
Glow in the dark activities
Glow in the dark play doh
I gave my toddler a mixing bowl and a spoon so she could make her own cookies or other creations.
She patted and shaped the play recipe to make circular cookies on a baking sheet. Kids may also enjoy rolling the dough and using cookie cutters to cut out fun animal shapes, seasonal shapes, etc.
Next it was time to add some sprinkles! Sprinkles are always fun! My kids can’t get enough of colorful sprinkles so this was the perfect item to add to our dough.
NOTE: These cookies are NOT edible or taste safe in any way! Do not eat this playdough
Homemade playdough easy
Although adding sprinkles was fun and made them look pretty, it doesn’t allow you to squish and rollout the playdough again as well. So you decide if you want to add sprinkles or not. The playdough was in such vibrant colors from purples, orange, green, red, crimson, light blue, yellow, and more!
The dough can be saved in an air tight container or ziplock bag for days to play with again.
Best homemade playdough
Now we checked out our cookies using our black light!
Play dough Activities
You can wait for it to be dark and add your blacklight or got to a room with no external light and add your blacklight. My kids love the silly fun of using a black light to see colors differently.
Glow in the dark play
Can you tll which cookies are “regular” playdough and which ones glow in the dark? Cool, huh! The ones we made with the fluorescent paint look so cool and glow. My kids were super impressed with this activity for kids.
- Favorite Playdough Recipes including: edible pumpkin playdough, easy marshmallow playdough, 2-ingredient easy playdough recipe, scented apple pie playdough, easy peanut butter playdough, jello strawberry playdough, fun watermelon playdough, quick conditioner playdough, amazing ice cream play doh, epic color changing playdough, quick peeps playdough, hot chocolate playdough recipe, kool aid playdough, playful funfetti playdough, peppermint stretchy playdough, fall candy corn playdough recipe, lemonade playdough, sceted apple pie playdough, cool glow in the dark playdough
- TONS of free printable playdough mat to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site
- Subtraction Smash: fun math activity with playdough, ice cream math addition playdough activity, telling the times games free
- Gumball Number Mats to play and learn with playdoh, FREE Number Playodugh Mats 1-10, counting construction playdough mats, or versatile free printable numbers 1-10 for preschoolers, ice cream pattern printable with playdough, watermelon seed counting activity,
- Parts of a Book for Kids Playdough Activity with free printable
- Hands-on, Playful Alphabet Playdough Mats – make the capital letter and complete the picture or these upper and lowercase alphabet playdough mats with tracing practice, and these simple alphabet playdough mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats for learning about bones, circulation, organs, and systems
- Themed Cards: Transportation playdough mats, pet animal playdough mats, jungle animal playdough mats, tools playdough pattern mats, emotions playdough mats, one fish two fish printables, birthday cake activity for preschool, instrument activity for preschoolers, color matching pencils free printable playdough mats
- Cute Monster shapes, shape flower playdough mats,
- Seasonal Fall Playdough Mats or these fall playdough mats, apple playdough mats, thanksgiving playdough mats, cute Christmas Playdough Mats, winter playdough mats, spring playdough mats, summer playdough mats, playdoh corn counting activity
- See all our free printable playdough mats preschool playdough mats, kindergarten playdough mats
- Find the Letter Preschool Worksheets, free pattern sheets for preschoolers, popular Bunny Ears Template, Free Superhero Worksheets and Frozen Worksheets for kids
- Tons of FREE preschool coloring pages pdf, Free dinosaur worksheets, Shape dot marker printables, fun Fingerprint Activity Worksheet working on counting
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables, cute Farm Animals and their Babies puzzles, Princess Worksheets for kids, cute Free Printable Preschool Worksheets Tracing Letters and Animal I Spy Printables pdf
- Free Printable Alphabet Bracelets, Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets into minibooks,
- TONS of Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers and Free Alphabet Playdough Mats pdf, pirate free alphabet printables, Free Shape Pattern Block Templates, and road shapes
- Number Bingo Dauber Worksheets, Farm Cutting Practice Worksheets, and Color Worksheets
- Plus so many more Free preschool worksheets age 3-4 and tons of preschool worksheets
- See all free preschool worksheets age 3-4, cute preschool worksheets, and TONS of free printable worksheets for all ages
- DIY Foam Paint for Kids, EASY Science Activities for Preschoolers, 100 ABC Games that are Outrageously FUN, Baking Soda Slime, Squish Watermelon Sensory Bag, Printable Road Shapes Activity, and Melted pony bead craft
- Glow in the Dark Fairy Jar, beautiful Color Changing FLowers Experiment, edible Marshmallow Paint, fun Painting with Cars, easy color changing milk experiment worksheet, Easy-to-Make Balloon Hovercraft
- Super Cool Scribble Draw Bot, Edible Peanut Butter Playdough, Amaze Kids with this Leak Proof Bag Science, race track Pool Noodle Activity, fun Tin Foil art, cool DIY Foosball Table, Lots of fantastic Books for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Planets Solar System Project, Free Printable Doctor Pretend Play, free printable ice cream name craft, craft with free fish template preschool, easy pasta necklace craft, DIY magic sand, fun bubble painting
- Impressive Grow a Rainbow capillary action experiment, EPIC ketchup volcano, craft stick shape activities with free templates, Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet, Grass Head Craft, Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Play and eat marshmallow playdough, learn how to dye rice with food coloring for sensory play, beautiful stained glass craft pasta art, simple water cycle in a bag worksheet, unique apple craft
- vibrant washable sidwalk paint for kids, amazing homemade bubble solution, family-favorite kool aid playdough recipe, 100 monster crafts and activities, lava lamp experiment explanation, popsicle stick candy catapult kids activity
- Plus don’t miss all our kids activities and fun preschool activities