Make working on number sense FUN for kids with these super cute, gumball number playdough mats. These free printable playdough mats include practice counting gumballs, adding gumballs to the ten frame, seeing various ways of representing that number, a place to make the numeral out of play doh, and a line to trace numbers 1-10. These number mats are outrageously fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders. Simply download pdf file with tracing numbers printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Number Playdough Mats
These super cute gumball theme printables are loads of fun for working on learning your numbers 1-10, number words, tracing numbers, and what they represent. These playdough counting mats are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whetner you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these number playdough mats are super handy and engaging for students learning their numbers. This number sense activity uses a free gumball printable that requires NO PREP! Use this free printable playdough mat at home, math center in the classroom, or as your local homeschool coop.
Free Printable Playdough Mats
Start by printing the 1 to 10 number worksheets in either color or black and white. If you decide to print them in color, I suggest laminating the pages or sticking them in a page protector to make the playdough number activity reusable.
Tracing Numbers Printables
To complete this fun math activity for preschoolers, you will need the following materials:
- number printable (See bottom of post)
- playdough (any color you like)
- gumballs (optional for counting fun)
- crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- dry erase marker if you laminated the worksheets
Playdough Counting Mats
- Use playdough to roll logs and form the numeral.
- Form balls out of playdough (or use gumballs) and add the correct number of play dough gumballs to the ten frame
- Add the correct number of balls to the gumball machine
- Use writing utencil to trace the number word at the top
- Trace the numerals on the tracing lines at the bottom of the page
Kids will love these engageing colorful number worksheets! Point out how the number can represented various ways from the numeral, number name, tally marks, dots on a dice, counting cubes, fingers on a hand, etc. THey all represent the same amount; this is number sense.
The black and white options are just as cute and allow children the opportunit to draw and colour in the images on the pages. You can see Gumball Number Playdough Mats in our webstories here.
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Roll & Smash Pre-k Math Playdough Subtraction Activities
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Roll & Smash Playdough Subtraction Activity for Kindergarten
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
- Free Playdough Letter Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats (build a sunflower, leaf, acron, pumpkin, rake, hay, etc)
- Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats
- FREE Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Spider Math Activities for Preschoolers withPlay dogh
- Free Printable Human Body Playdough Mats
- Telling Time Activity with Playdough
- Grilling on a Ten Frame Summer Printable Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with playdough
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool Counting candles Playdough mats
- Sandcastle Activity Playdough Mat
- Over 100 Playdough Mats to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site)
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
Number tracing worksheets pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!