Kids are going to have a blast with this fun, hands on summer learning activity. This quick-to-set-up Paint Gun Parts of Speech Games helps kids from Kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students to practice grammar.
Parts of Speech Games
Summer means out door fun and loads of kids activities, but it doesn’t mean your kids should stop learning. They actually need to keep their brains challenged so they don’t have the 30%+ summer slide. This fun, Paint Gun Parts of Speech Game is going to fun and educational at the same time!
All you need for this activity is water guns filled with water and a couple drops of food coloring, tape, and targets (see below) filled with whatever you want your child to work on. You can snatch free printable targets with your choice of noun / verb, adjective / adverb, or alphabet letters below.
Parts of Speech Games Printable
Their are 8 parts of speech, we’ve included the most common 4 in this summer learning game for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grdae 4:
- NOUN – person, place, thing, or idea (ex: ball, desk, boy, Colorado)
- PRONOUN – word that replaces a noun in a sentence (ex: he, she, it)
- VERB – describes or indicates an action (ex: run, jump, stand, read)
- ADJECTIVE – describes a noun such as what something looks like and what it feels like to touch, taste, or smell (ex: red, soft, big, old)
- ADVERB – describes an action (verb) with more descriptive words (ex: quickly, carefully)
Parts of Speech Activities
We had each child go around with a different color and a different mission. My 3rd grader was targeting all the nouns, my 1st grader took care of the verbs, and my preschooler took care of the letter A. It was easy to double check because they each had a different color water in their water gun.
This was not only great parts of speech practice, but loads of fun for all my kids too.
Fun Grammar Games
- Solve It! Parts of Speech Game
- Minion Contractions Game
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Contractions Memory Game
- Noun / Verb Apple Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun – Verb Sort
- Going in a Noun Hunt
- Spider Web Noun Sort Printable
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Paint Gun Parts of Speech
- Parts of Speech BINGO
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
Summer Learning Activities
- 40 Summer Science Activities for Kids
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Letter Tracing Sandcastles
- How to Make Your Own Chalk
- Ice Cream Scoops Math Game
- 107 Must Do Summer Activities for Kids
- Summer ABC Game
- Educational Water Balloons
- Summer Sight Word Printable Mazes
- Summer Reading
- Lego Zipline
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Paint Gun Parts of Speech Practice
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own copy.)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!