When teaching your child to count or recognize/write their numbers, the most fun you can have is with number games. Here are some number games you can try with your kids!
Number Sense Games
- Find some time in your day to practice number sense with this Number Sense “Roll and Cover” game.
- Need to work on how to use a number line for counting or solving math problems? Here is a huge list of 20 number line ideas to try!
- Dice are great for use in counting and number sense, so give some of these dice games a whirl.
- Small hands can mold and create visual representations of numbers with these playdough play mats with numbers.
- It’s important to be able to understand the numbers 11-20, and this counting bugs game is perfect to reinforce that skill.
Number Writing and Recognition Games
- Got a child who loves building with Legos or Duplos? Then these Lego/Duplo Number Mats will make their day!
- Match numbers with their representations in bingo marker dots – because you know, all kids love playing with bingo markers!
- And here are some more bingo marker number worksheets your child might enjoy.
- If the sun is shining, why not play a number game outside?
Hundreds Chart and Number Line Games
- If your little one needs some practice with a hundreds chart, have him/her try some of these hundreds chart activities.
- Like to play the classic Battleship board game? How about a twist on the game with this Battleship Hundreds Chart game.
- Clipping missing numbers on a number line is an activity that can easily be turned into a hands-on game.
- Here are some numbers chart activities that will give your child a solid foundation for working with numbers to 100.
- Children can practice counting to 100 with this resource – a fun game that can be played individually or with a partner.
- Counting to 20 is a skill reinforced in this Spring counting game.
- Never underestimate the value of a simple board game for counting practice – and here is a list of some favorite family “hop around the board” type games to try.
- Go on a safari while learning to count to 30 with this counting game.
Addition and Subtraction
- This number bonds matching game can help cement basic addition and subtraction facts.
- Flowers are the theme in this number bonds activity, perfect to pull out in the Spring.
- For your apple themed learning unit, print out this apple number bonds activity.
- Let little foodies enjoy pretending to make blueberry muffins while practicing their addition facts.
- What kid wouldn’t love ice cream? This fun ice cream printable also helps them practice number bonds.
- Puzzles are a fun activity and work well as a means to practice addition skills. Print out these butterfly addition puzzles to try.
Odd and Even Numbers Practice Games
- Hop and play outside while learning about odd and even numbers in this outside numbers game.
- This game is summer-themed but still great for use year-round to review odd and even numbers.
- Children who like playing with toy cars will enjoy this parking space game – use it to practice odd and even numbers as well as other number concepts.
Ordinal Numbers Games
Place Value Games
General Skills Practice
- On a rainy day when you need something fun to do, pick up these “cootie catchers.” They are fun for some spontaneous practice.
- If you need a visual reference, or some flash cards with which to practice, these number wall cards and flashcards are perfect!
- Spin and win with these frog math game worksheets covering 2nd through 4th-grade skills.
- Playdough, paints, building blocks, and more can be used with these simple printable number mats.