As you teach number sense, or a child’s ability to count understand the relationship between the numeral and a tangible objects, and write their numbers is is important that children have to keep them engaged and eager to learn. The most fun you can have is with number sense games. These fun number sense activities are great to build number sense as you teach your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Number Sense Activities
What is Number Sense
Number Sense Games
Games are a fun way to practice counting and understand number sense too! These super cute, free printable games to learn number sense are perfect for helping toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students!
- Find some time in your day to practice number sense with this Number Sense Roll and Cover dice game.
- Need to work on how to use a number line for counting or solving math problems? Here is a huge list of 20+ number line activities and ideas to try!
- Dice are great for use in counting and number sense, so give some of these educational dice games a whirl.
- Small hands can mold and create visual representations of numbers with these playdough number mats.
- April Showers Number Sense Activities
- It’s important to be able to understand the numbers 11-20, and this bug counting game is perfect to reinforce that skill.
- Try this fun pumpkin number sense activities for a fall themed math project
- This cute owl math craft is a fun, printable number craft for kindergarten
- Super cute lego number mats are great for building number sense
- Grab these handy, free printable number puzzles for kindergarten to work on number sense for numbers 1-20
- Super cute pumpkin pie number sense activities
Number Writing and Recognition Games
- Got a child who loves building with Legos or Duplos? Then these Lego numbers printables will make their day!
- FUN Sandcastle themed counting and tracing numbers 1-10
- Practice counting and tracing numbers with these back to school themed Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Work on recognizing numbers 1-10 with this fun and free dinosaur color by number worksheet pack
- Farm themed do a dot printables numbers for practicing counting and writing numbers
- Get more practice with number recognition with these zoo animals color by number worksheets
- Match numbers with their representations in bingo marker dots with this preschool math activity – because you know, all kids love playing with bingo markers!
- And here are some more do a dot printables numbers your child might enjoy.
- If the sun is shining, why not play a preschool counting activity outside?
- Fun sticker activity helps preschoolers work on number recognition with fall preschool worksheets numbers
- Fun to colour pirate color by number worksheets for learning numbers
- Dive into the ocean to color by number to reveal these cute creatures with these ocean color by number
- Help kids work on those tricky teen numbers with these teen number worksheets
- Ready to cool off with this fun, pool count and trace activity
- Number strips 1-20 printable are an easy way to practice writing numbers to twenty
- How cute is this farm color by number pack for kids to work on number recognition!
Hundreds Chart and Number Line Games
- If your little one needs some practice with a hundreds chart, have him/her try some of these hundreds chart activities.
- Like to play the classic Battleship board game? How about a twist on the game with this Number Chart to 100 Battleship Game.
- Missing number on number line clip strips is an activity that can easily be turned into a hands-on game.
- Here are some hundreds chart printable that will give your child a solid foundation for working with numbers to 100.
- Help kids get familiar with the 100s chart with our fun free printable st patrick day worksheets
- Super cute fingerprint counting printables for toddlers and preschoolers
- Children can practice with these fun counting to 100 games that can be played individually or with a partner.
- Use these preschool zoo printables to practice counting to 10 with animal cookies!
- Counting to 20 is a skill reinforced in this spring counting games for kindergarten 1-20.
- Never underestimate the value of a simple board game for counting practice – and here is a list of some classic family games to “hop around the board”.
- Count to 20 apple themed hole punching activity
- How cute is this printable Turkey Math craft for practicing counting 1-10
- Go on a safari while learning to count to 30 with this counting game.
- Help the turkey get the correct number of candy corn feathers and practice tracing numbers 1-10 too with this fun candy corn counting worksheet
- Build a mouthwatering sundae with this fun counting objects to 20 activity
- Eeek! Check out this scary fun spider counting activities with playdough and spider web counting mats!
- Hands-on and fun Strawberry Preschool Counting Activities
- Count and trace numbers with this fun pearl counting to 20 worksheets activity
- Grab this dump truck counting mat to have fun counting to 20
- How cute are these free watermelon seed counting playdough mats!
Addition and Subtraction
- This number bond games can help cement basic addition and subtraction facts.
- Flowers are the theme in this number bonds activities, perfect to pull out in the Spring.
- For your apple themed learning unit, print out this apple number bonds to 10 practical activities.
- Let little foodies enjoy pretending to make blueberry muffins while practicing with this addition activity for kindergarten.
- Super cute numbers bonds to 10 pumpkin themed math worksheets
- Fun-to-make number bonds to 10 fishing craft for kindergartners
- What kid wouldn’t love ice cream? This fun ice cream number bonds activities
- Puzzles are a fun activity and work well as a means to practice addition skills. Print out these butterfly addition puzzles to try.
- Fun number bonds worksheets perfect for back to school
- Kids will go nuts over this fun Star Wars addition within 10 game
- Use goldfish for this fun addition practice activity for kids
- Students will have fun practicing subtraction with this fun-to-make sandcastle subtraction craft
- Of if it is winter, try these cute snowman math crafts to practice addition and subtraction within 10.
- Children will squeal with delight as they match the rubber duckies with the correct bathtubs in this fun addition game
- Ready for spring planting? How about solving addition problems to sort the seeds by the correct packet for a fun math games for kindergarten.
Odd and Even Numbers Practice Games
- Hop and play outside while learning about odd and even numbers in this outside numbers game.
- This summer math game works year-round to review odd and even numbers.
- Children who like playing with toy cars will enjoy this parking space game – use it to practice odd and even numbers as well as other number concepts.
Ordinal Numbers Games
Place Value Games
General Skills Practice
- On a rainy day when you need something fun to do, pick up these free printable math cootie catchers. They are fun for some spontaneous practice.
- If you need a visual reference, or some flash cards with which to practice, these number wall cards printable are perfect!
- Spin and win with these frog math fun worksheets covering 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade skills.
- Playdough, paints, building blocks, and more can be used with these simple number mats.
- Learn number words with these donut matching and tracing numbers words activity