As you teach number sense, or a child’s ability to count understand the relationship between the numeral and a tangible objects, and write their numbers is is important that children have to keep them engaged and eager to learn. The most fun you can have is with number sense games. These fun number sense activities are great number sense activities for kindergarten, toddler, preschool, pre-k, and first grade students.
Number Sense Activities
What is Number Sense
Number Sense Games
Games are a fun way to practice counting and understand number sense too! These super cute, free number sense activities are perfect for helping toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students!
- Find some time in your day to practice number sense with this Number Sense Roll and Cover dice game.
- Need to work on how to use a number line for counting or solving math problems? Here is a huge list of 20+ number line activities and ideas to try!
- Dice are great for use in counting and number sense, so give some of these educational dice games a whirl.
- Small hands can mold and create visual representations of numbers with these playdough number mats.
- April Showers Number Sense Activities
- It’s important to be able to understand the numbers 11-20, and this bug counting game is perfect to reinforce that skill.
- Try this fun pumpkin number sense activities for a fall themed math project
- This cute owl math craft is a fun, printable number craft for kindergarten
- Super cute lego number mats are great for building number sense
- Grab these handy, free printable number puzzles for kindergarten to work on number sense for numbers 1-20
- Super cute pumpkin pie number sense activities
Free number sense activities
- Got a child who loves building with Legos or Duplos? Then these Lego numbers printables will make their day!
- FUN Sandcastle themed counting and tracing numbers 1-10
- Practice counting and tracing numbers with these back to school themed Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Work on recognizing numbers 1-10 with this fun and free dinosaur color by number worksheet pack
- Farm themed do a dot printables numbers for practicing counting and writing numbers
- Get more practice with number recognition with these zoo animals color by number worksheets
- Match numbers with their representations in bingo marker dots with this preschool math activity – because you know, all kids love playing with bingo markers!
- And here are some more do a dot printables numbers your child might enjoy.
- If the sun is shining, why not play a preschool counting activity outside?
- Fun sticker activity helps preschoolers work on number recognition with fall preschool worksheets numbers
- Fun to colour pirate color by number worksheets for learning numbers
- Dive into the ocean to color by number to reveal these cute creatures with these ocean color by number
- Help kids work on those tricky teen numbers with these teen number worksheets
- Ready to cool off with this fun, pool count and trace activity
- Number strips 1-20 printable are an easy way to practice writing numbers to twenty
- How cute is this farm color by number pack for kids to work on number recognition!
Number sense math games
- If your little one needs some practice with a hundreds chart, have him/her try some of these hundreds chart activities.
- Like to play the classic Battleship board game? How about a twist on the game with this Number Chart to 100 Battleship Game.
- Missing number on number line clip strips is an activity that can easily be turned into a hands-on game.
- Here are some hundreds chart printable that will give your child a solid foundation for working with numbers to 100.
- Help kids get familiar with the 100s chart with our fun free printable st patrick day worksheets
Number sense activities for kindergarten
- Super cute fingerprint counting printables for toddlers and preschoolers
- Children can practice with these fun counting to 100 games that can be played individually or with a partner.
- Use these preschool zoo printables to practice counting to 10 with animal cookies!
- Counting to 20 is a skill reinforced in this spring counting games for kindergarten 1-20.
- Never underestimate the value of a simple board game for counting practice – and here is a list of some classic family games to “hop around the board”.
- Count to 20 apple themed hole punching activity
- How cute is this printable Turkey Math craft for practicing counting 1-10
- Go on a safari while learning to count to 30 with this counting game.
- Help the turkey get the correct number of candy corn feathers and practice tracing numbers 1-10 too with this fun candy corn counting worksheet
- Build a mouthwatering sundae with this fun counting objects to 20 activity
- Eeek! Check out this scary fun spider counting activities with playdough and spider web counting mats!
- Hands-on and fun Strawberry Preschool Counting Activities
- Count and trace numbers with this fun pearl counting to 20 worksheets activity
- Grab this dump truck counting mat to have fun counting to 20
- How cute are these free watermelon seed counting playdough mats!
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
Number sense games for 1st grade
Addition and Subtraction
- This number bond games can help cement basic addition and subtraction facts.
- Flowers are the theme in this number bonds activities, perfect to pull out in the Spring.
- For your apple themed learning unit, print out this apple number bonds to 10 practical activities.
- Let little foodies enjoy pretending to make blueberry muffins while practicing with this addition activity for kindergarten.
- Super cute numbers bonds to 10 pumpkin themed math worksheets
- Fun-to-make number bonds to 10 fishing craft for kindergartners
- What kid wouldn’t love ice cream? This fun ice cream number bonds activities
- Puzzles are a fun activity and work well as a means to practice addition skills. Print out these butterfly addition puzzles to try.
- Fun number bonds worksheets perfect for back to school
- Kids will go nuts over this fun Star Wars addition within 10 game
- Use goldfish for this fun addition practice activity for kids
- Students will have fun practicing subtraction with this fun-to-make sandcastle subtraction craft
- Of if it is winter, try these cute snowman math crafts to practice addition and subtraction within 10.
- Children will squeal with delight as they match the rubber duckies with the correct bathtubs in this fun addition game
- Ready for spring planting? How about solving addition problems to sort the seeds by the correct packet for a fun math games for kindergarten.
Number sense game
Odd and Even Numbers Practice Games
- Hop and play outside while learning about odd and even numbers in this outside numbers game.
- This summer math game works year-round to review odd and even numbers.
- Children who like playing with toy cars will enjoy this parking space game – use it to practice odd and even numbers as well as other number concepts.
number sense activities for first grade
Ordinal Numbers Games
- Swatting huge flies in this exciting game gives children practice with ordinal numbers.
- A felt penguin counting game is a great way to break out some fun in cold weather months.
- These ordinal numbers worksheet coloring pages are a fun activity to keep little learners entertained for a period of time.
Fun number games
Place Value Games
- Let your child practice with these place value games to print while concocting an ice cream sundae.
- This low-prep game board will help give your child a solid understanding of place value.
- For families with multiple children, or for co-op settings, try out this fun “I Have, Who Has” place value game.
Math number sense games
On a rainy day when you need something fun to do, pick up these free printable math cootie catchers. They are fun for some spontaneous practice.
- If you need a visual reference, or some flash cards with which to practice, these number wall cards printable are perfect!
- Spin and win with these frog math fun worksheets covering 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade skills.
- Playdough, paints, building blocks, and more can be used with these simple number mats.
- Learn number words with these donut matching and tracing numbers words activity
Need more Math Games Ideas? Here’s a whole list of fun math games for kids!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Pirate Addition Color by Number Math Worksheets
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Free Printable Pumpkin Sum Game
- Number Sense Clip Cards Freebie
- Subitizing Dots Clip Cards
- Number Sense Mystery Puzzles
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
- FREE Subitizing Math and Addition Puzzle Activities
Free printable kindergarten worksheets
With so worksheet for kindergarten to look through, I want to make sure you find some of our most popular printable kindergarten worksheets. So start scrolling and enjoy!
- Alphabet Worksheets – students will work on tracing letters from A to Z with these free printable, black and white printables.
- Writing Number Worksheets – children will practice tracing and writing numbers 1-20 with these blackline pages.
- Word Family Sliders
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Make practicing math FUN with these free printable Math Crafts
- Work on discrimination with these Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Practice number recogition, letter recognition, and reading sight words with these Color by Code Worksheets
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week curriculum in kindergarten classrooms or homeschool.
- Learn vocabulary as you make your own Kindergarten Alphabet Mini Book has a book for each letter from A to Z.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – adorable black and white sheets that feature ahuge capital letter with images that start with the same beginning sound for kids to color inside – great way for kids to build vocabulary
- Help kids explore the world around them with these fun, hands on kindergarten science ideas!
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
Worksheets for kindergarten
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- 100s Chart Battleship Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Monster Match CVC Word Activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Counting Activities 0-10
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity 1-5
- Counting Farm Animals – numbers 1 to 5
- Fruit Loops Ten Frame Math Cards
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace
- Super cute, Free Playdough Number Mats
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet
- Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards (plus number words recognition too)
- Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet
- Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book)
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Camping math activities for preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool or these butterfly math worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Sunflower Sunflower seed counting activity (counting to 10)
- Ice Cream Counting Printable Scooping Numbers 1-10
- Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough or this ladybug counting activity
- Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheets (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers
Counting Activities 1-20
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-10 pdf
- Lego Numbers Printables – brick duplo mats to count and trace
- Counting Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Free Dauber Printables
- Watermelon Printable Counting Activity
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Printable Teen Number Games
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- 1:1 Correspondence Pom Pom Counting Activity
- Bird One to One Correspondence Activity with free printable and jelly beans
- Counting Spaghetti and Meatballs Game
- Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Flower counting activity for preschool with circle stickers
- Free Watermelon Seed Counting Activity (Numbers 1-15)
- Counting practice with Strawberry activities for toddlers
- Monster Counting googly eyes printable (0-20)
- Cute Dump Truck Counting Mat (1-20)
- Flip-Flip Counting to 20 printable activity with stickers
- Corn-on-the-Cob Count to 20 Activity
- Pool Numbers Counting 1 to 20
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Kindergarten Teen Numbers Worksheets 11-20
- Summer Count to 20 Playdough Maths Activities (spring playdough mats)
- Handy Free Printable Number Puzzles 1-20
- Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Free Counting games for kindergarten 1-20
- Counting to 10 Little bo peep activities for preschool
- Monster Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Rocketship Number Recognition 11-20 Games
- Numbers 1 to 20 Worksheets (or if you are in fall try these numbers 11 to 20 worksheets)
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
Counting Activities 1-100
- Gumball Counting Activity with free printable template (1-30)
- Free Number Train Printable – practice counting to 20, 1-100, or skip counting
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Around the World Puzzles – Counting to 50 Activities
- Bee 1 to 50 Counting Game
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
- Roll to 100 free printable
- Construction Number Recognition Games 1-100
- Hands-on, free printable Domino math games kindergarten
- Flower Spring Number Puzzles
- Free printable Counting to 100 games
- Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Around the World Count to 100 Puzzles
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Star Wars Number Tracing 0-20
- Farm Number Words Worksheets
- Number Worksheets 1-10
- Free Number Coloring Pages 1-10
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Alice in Wonderland Color by Number
- Belle Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Printable Number Tracing Worksheets
- Princess Color by Number Worksheets
- Number Writing Practice 1-20
- School Supply Number Worksheets 1-10
- 100 FUN and Free Printable Number Sense Activities and Games
Plus don’t miss our sister site – Kindergarten Worksheets and Games . This site containes all FREE printables and is dedicated soley to Kindergartners! Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
Leave a Reply