Not everyone finds math easy, but these addition activities for kids will make learning and practicing adding FUN. Use these hands on kindergarten addition games, free printable kindergarten addition worksheets, and many kindergarten addition activities to practice this important math skill! Use these addition games for kids with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too.
Addition Activities for Kindergarten
Addition is usually the first math operation kids learn, and it is an important building block for all math skills so it’s important that kids become confident with this skill. Practicing addition with lots of different addition activities for kindergarten helps kids become fluent in this important skill so they can remember and apply the strategies they have learned. Using varied approaches like math games for kindergarten will help in teaching addition to kindergarten. It’s important to present addition learning in a variety of different ways, including hands-on activities using manipulatives, written activities and activities that build mental math skills. This list of learning addition for kindergarten includes lots of simple ways to help your kids learn addition.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschoolers – you will find a fun way for your children to practice addition. There are lots of addition printables, hands-on activities, and simple ideas to help your preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students learn and practice.
Kindergarten addition games
These fun-to-play addition games for kindergarten allow students to have fun while learning to add on, adding within 10, and more. These kindergten addition activities allow kids to visually see what is happening with hands-on practice and manipulatives!
- Sticky Tens Frame from Still Playing School.
Presenting addition work in this fun and interesting way is a great way to keep kids engaged.
- Pom Pom Addition Activity from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
This fun activity helps kids practice counting and combining sets.
- Nocturnal Animals Printable Addition and Subtraction Games
- Hands On Pancake Math Activity from The Educators’ Spin on It.
Flip pretend pancakes while you practice adding!
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt for Kids from Edventures With Kids
This is a free printable scavenger hunt where kids have to count and add the items in their house.
- How to Practice Addition Facts with Plastic Eggs from Homeschool Preschool.
All you need for this math activity is some plastic eggs and a sharpie marker.
- Uno Flip Maths Game for Kids from Childhood 101.
Use Uno cards to play this easy and fun game.
- Fun Bottle Top Addition Game from Learn With Play At Home.
This activity focuses on counting, number recognition and basic addition, and is great for preschoolers.
- Frog Addition Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Cute little frogs make this game a fun way to practice addition up to 10.
- Double Digit Addition and Subtraction with Lego Bricks from Real Life At Home.
Double digit addition can be tricky and this is a great way to show how it works in a concrete, real life, way.
- Fish Math Game from Buggy and Buddy.
There are some great printables to go with this fun, hands on activity.
- Paper Plate Addition Game from Creative family Fun.
This game is easy to make and you can play it over and over again to really practice those math skills.
- Snowball Addition and Subtraction Math Games from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
Who knew you could learn math while throwing snowballs!
- Addition Sticks – Fine Motor Math Fun from Planning Playtime.
Give those fine motor skills a work out while doing this addition activity.
- Counting and Addition Activity Tray from The Imagination Tree.
Set up this open-ended maths activity for kids using just a few items.
- Conversation Heart Math from Messy Little Monster.
What a sweet way to practice math skills.
- Over-the-Edge Dice Addition Game from Jinxy Kids.
This dice game is a fantastic way to practice addition.
- Learning to Add with Playdough from Kids Activities Blog.
Create this simple addition game with playdough and other household items.
- Rainbow Math Game from Housing a Forest.
This colourful maths game is easy to make and play.
- Shoot and Add Nerf Gun Math from No Time for Flash Cards.
If you don’t have nerf guns you can play this game with beanbags, balls or even water balloons.
- Plant the Flowers Spring Math Game from Fun A Day.
This spring themed math game is sure to be a hit with the kids.
Kindergarten Addition Worksheets
Using kindergarten math worksheets addition allows you to sneak in extra practice adding numbers together without all the fuss and prep work. SO we’ve included not only addition printables, but also plenty of addition worksheets for kindergarten pdf. Plus, all these are FREE!
- Bunny Addition to 10 from Free Printable Worksheets for Kids.
This worksheet also includes a great bunny number slider.
- Addition 1 to 10 Playdough Mats from 3 Dinosaurs.
There are several different ways you can use these printable playdough mats for hands-on learning.
- Frog Math Game for Counting and Addition from Homeschool Preschool.
This is a fun printable, hands-on, frog math game to practice counting and addition to ten.
- Snack Time Addition Printable from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
Teach your child addition with snacks!
- Bubble Bee Preschool Math Printable from I Heart Crafty Things.
Cute bumble bees and stickers make this a fun way to learn addition.
- Lego Addition Cards from Playdough to Plato.
These free printable cards combine math with the fun of Lego.
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These printable worksheets make practicing math fun for kindergarten and first graders.
- Addition and Subtraction Tic-Tac-Toe Math Game from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
This free printable file folder game is great for kids to play independently.
- Free Addition Game for the Doubles Facts from The Measured Mom.
This free printable memory maths game looks like lots of fun.
- Monster Math Addition Clip Cards from Kindergarten Connection.
These cute monsters are perfect for working on beginning addition skills.
- Transportation Counting Mats with Addition and Subtraction from Royal Baloo.
This is a fun way to get a car obsessed child to work on math skills.
- Superhero Addition WorkSheets from Embark on the Journey.
There are five worksheets in this free printable set.
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- This printable game is a great way to reinforce and continue practicing addition skills
- Free Printable Flower Addition from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
This free printable activity gives kids opportunities to model and make
sense of early addition concepts
- Color by Addition Space Themed Printable from Sara J Creations.
These color by addition pages are an easy, no prep, print and go activity.
- Sunflower Addition and Subtraction Printable from A Dab of Glue Will Do.
This sunflower math printable will make practicing addition fun!
- Apple Tree Math File Folder Game from Itsy Bitsy Fun.
This free printable is perfect for kids who are just beginners with addition.
- Animal Addition Puzzles from Tot Schooling.
Try these free printable puzzles with your kids to practice their math skills.
- Rainy Day Math Printables for Kindergarteners from Artsy Momma.
This rainy weather addition printable is so cute!
- Rainbow Domino Addition from Simple Fun for Kids.
Play this printable domino game with your kids to practice addition.
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Addition up to 20 Summer Math Puzzle Worksheets
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
- Cute Lion Addition Games to 5
Kindergarten Addition Activities
Your kids won’t even realize they are learning with these fun addition activities for kids!