Looking for a hands-on summer math activity to practice adding? These super cute and clever addition puzzles use free printable addition worksheets to sneak in summer learning with kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. These summer worksheets for kindergarten are easy-to-prep and learners can practice addition to 20 while having fun at the same time. Simple print the addition to 20 worksheets and you are ready to go!
I love teaching maths using free printable math puzzles. Its a fun and easy way to practice both puzzle solving as well as maths facts as the same time. I recently created some multiplication puzzles and had so much fun with these that I decided to create these summer math addition puzzles too. These are kind of like summer worksheets for kids that you cut and paste to complete the puzzle while working on addition to twenty. Not only is this math activity for kindergartners are a great way to practice addition up to 20, but it is SELF CHECKING too! Addition up to 20 worksheets are a great way to practice, but this kindergarten addition game will make your learners enjoy addition and keep asking for more.
Addition to 20
Addition to 20 Worksheets
Addition is one of the most fundamental maths concepts that students need to master and be very familiar with. Understanding maths concepts are very important before rote memorization of facts. I love teaching maths in general because it is a subject that can be taught using many visual and hands on aids. These aids can be using manipulatives such as base 10 blocks or hands on math stations and centers. In this post, I will be sharing an interactive hands on printable which can be used to teach addition and can be used in math centers. Hopefully, this printable will help to make teaching addition at your home or classroom more enjoyable.
Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
These addition to 20 worksheets free are cut to make a clever addition puzzle perfect for summer time! These summer activities for kindergarten are perfect for practicing adding to 20 worksheets concepts for your kinders or review concepts with your 1st graders
- Print the file and laminate (this is recommended, if you are planning to re-use the puzzles)
- Cut apart the puzzle page to separate it into the square puzzle pieces.
- Keep the grid containing the addition equations as is.
Addition up to 20
There are 6 addition puzzles for children to complete including: pool party with kids swimming in floats, sandy beach scene, unicorn pool party, sandcastle building, lightening bugs in the dark, and roasting marshmallow smores over a campfire.
- Choose one of the puzzles to do.
- Present the grid with the addition facts and the corresponding puzzle pieces. The learner will need to solve the addition fact and look for the puzzle piece containing the matching answer. The learner will then place that piece over the addition fact.
- The learner will continue this until the puzzle is solved.
- Learners can carry out this activity independently or in pairs.
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Summer Worksheets for Kindergartners
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Summer Fun Multiplication Puzzles, Multiplication Arrays Puzzle Game
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- Lemon Battery Experiment
- Ice Cream Volcano Experiment – Summer Science Activity for Kids
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Science Experiment for Kids
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Kids will be amazed at the l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes they can make with this easy activity
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Volcano Experiment – Summer Science Activity for Kids
- Yummy Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Blood for Kids – Activity to learn about the Human Body
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Color-Changing Flowers – Capillary Action Science Experiment
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle – exploring magnets with kids
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share, please share a link to this page, not the file. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!