Mathematical concepts and sums can be hard for some learners. This cupcake math uses manipulatives to practicing addition not only more fun, but make sense to pre-k and kindergarten age children. Hands-on learning activities like this cupcake math game are not only fun, but work on fine motor skills AND mathematical concepts! Use these Addition Activity for Kindergarten for an educational math game.
Cupcakes are always a favorite with kids, so drawing on a natural intersted – we created this fun cupcake math. These cupcake activities has children add pom poms togethr to make muffin sums. This Additoin Activity for Kindergarten is fun for preschoolers and kindergartners alike.
The setup for these cupcake sums are very simple. You will need:
Cupcake Math Activity
Write sums in the cupcake liners. (My 7 year old is learning about combinations of 9 and that is why we only have these sums.) You can write down any sum, keeping in mind the size of the liner and pompoms-30 pompoms won’t fit.
Now, let the learning begins!
Teaching addition to kindergarten
Use the tweezers to count out the number of pompoms needed as per the sum. Add the next number and then count them all together. You can do this in conjunction with a worksheet, writing down the answers on the worksheet.
Addition Activity for Kindergarten
Fine motor skills are also at work here, together with the counting of the pompoms. The colors of the pompoms makes this activity inviting and so does the name of the activity: cupcake sums, don’t you think?
Addition Games for Kids
A very simple setup for a maths center activity or to help with homework after school. Playing while learning and having fun!
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Maths Worksheet for ukg
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Insect Telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin
- Cute Skip Counting Puzzles – huge pack of free skip counting games
- Fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities
- Watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities – learning sequencing with craft sticks
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft – free printable math craft to solve, cut, and paste