Children will love learning about these fascinating animals from around the world that are sadly endangered animals. Grab these free printable Endangered Animals Worksheets for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students to make learning about animals fun and easy!
Endangered Animals Worksheets
Sadly there are many wonderful animals around the globe that are endangered! Endangered animals are animals with fewer than 250 mature adults in the wild. If something doesn’t change to protect these animals and their habitats, they will become extinct and we will never get to enjoy these amazing animals again! Unfortunately, right now there are over 30,000 endangered animals. Help kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students learn about these animals with these free printable Endangered Animals Worksheets.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this no-prep activity for helping students learn about eighteen different endangered animals. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember about these amazing creatures is to have them research and then write the facts that they have learnt.
Endangered Animals for Kids
There are over 19 animal report forms to choose from featuring the following endangered animals: blue whale, bluefin tuna, camel, chinchilla, elephant, gorilla, honey bee, killer whale (orca), macaw, manatee, markhor, orangutan, panda, porpoise, rhinoceros, sea turtle, tapir, and zebras.
Endangered species for kids
In this printable pack, you will find one page for each of the eighteen different animals. After researching each of the animals and finding out why they are endangered and how to help them, children can complete these fun worksheets, which include the following information:
- Name and picture of the animal
- their habitat
- their predators and prey
- an interesting facts they may find out about the animal
- why this animal is endangered
- what can be done to save this animal from extinction
- where the animal lives
Endangered Animals Printables
Children can also enjoy completing simple science projects and experiments, using the steps that they have learnt, and recording their data with one of the three different templates provided in the pack. This is a great way for them to develop their skills in creating, gathering, evaluating, experimenting and analyzing data. They will also learn how to efficiently communicate the information as well.
These worksheets are very easy to prepare; just download and print and they are ready to be given to your students. These pages are all in black and white which allows children to get creative when they have completed the writing activities on the page.
Once they have completed all the worksheets, they could create a cover page and staple or bind the pages together to make a book.
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Worksheets
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animals
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
Download Endangered Animals for Kids Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal use only. To use in a classroom please grab the teacher licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!