Calling all space lovers! Whether you enjoy star-gazing on a clear summer night or are in planning mode for an upcoming solar system unit, this hands-on STEM activity will help your kiddos learn about constellations. Using a few simple manipulatives, your child will enjoy this fun, Pipe Cleaner Constellations activity.
Constellations for Kids
After exploring about constellations for kids through books and websites, allow your kiddos to build a few popular constellations with pipe cleaners and beads! Such a simple and fun engineering and science activity the kids will love. And because it is hands-on and involves critical thinking and many other skills, I am hoping it’ll help your child remember the constellations in the sky for when they are out star-gazing at night.
How to Make a Star out of Pipe Cleaners
More Solar System Activities for Kids
Did you enjoy this hands-on constellation building task? You will love these other fun, creative space themed activities:
- Solar System Driveway Game
- Paint Stick Solar System for Kids
- Solar System Coloring Pages
- DIY Constellations Projector
- Yarn Solar System Project
- Geoboard Constellations Activity
- Make an Edible Solar System
- FREE Solar System Worksheets for Kids
- Puffy Paint Solar System Window Clings
- Solar System Unit
More Kids Activities
- Beautiful and EASY Capillary Action Science Experiment (also known as walking water)
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids (must add to your summer bucket list!)
- Fun-to-Make Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft for Kids
- Super cute and FREE A to Z Letter Find Worksheets
- Alphabet Hats for kids to celebrate every letter of the Alphabet!
- Easy Button Craft for Kids