Calling all space lovers! Whether you enjoy star-gazing on a clear summer night or are in planning mode for an upcoming solar system unit, this hands-on STEM activity will help your kiddos learn about constellations. Using a few simple manipulatives, your child will enjoy this fun, Pipe Cleaner Constellations activity.
After exploring about constellations through books and websites, allow your kiddos to build a few popular constellations with pipe cleaners and beads! Such a simple and fun engineering and science activity the kids will love. And because it is hands-on and involves critical thinking and many other skills, I am hoping it’ll help your child remember the constellations in the sky for when they are out star-gazing at night.
Pipe Cleaner Constellations
Enjoy this hands-on constellation building task! If you are looking for more space themed activities, try these:
- DIY Constellations Projector
- Paint Stick Solar System for Kids
- Yarn Solar System Project
- Geoboard Constellations Activity
- Solar System Driveway Game
- Make an Edible Solar System
- FREE Solar System Worksheets for Kids
- Puffy Paint Solar System Window Clings
- Solar System Unit
- Solar System Coloring Pages