Calling all space lovers! Whether you enjoy star-gazing on a clear summer night or are in planning mode for an upcoming solar system unit or astronomy study, this hands-on STEM activity will help your kids learn about constellations, stars, and the patterns stars form in the night sky! Using a few simple manipulatives, your child will enjoy this fun, constellation activity – Pipe Cleaner Constellations with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade science students.
After exploring about constellations for kids through books and websites, allow your kiddos to build a few popular constellations with pipe cleaners and beads! This pipe cleaner constellations STEM activity is such a simple and fun engineering and science activity the kids will love. And because it is hands-on and involves critical thinking and many other skills, I am hoping it’ll help your child remember the constellations in the sky for when they are out star-gazing at night.
This is a fun, hands on science activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Pipe Cleaner Constellations
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler this is such a cute, clever science project that makes a perfect addition to your astronomy for kids or solar system for kids unit. Hands on learning activities are always a great way to keep kids engaged and help them retain what they’ve learned. This educational activity is great for science centers, summer learning, school at home, summer camps, and more.
Constellation Stem Activity
To try this fun, hands on constellation activities you only need a few simple supplies:
Astronomy for Kids
Solar System Activities
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun for Kids
- Moon for Kids & Astronauts Too
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars)
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars
- Yarn Solar System
- Paint Stick Solar System Project
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on constellation activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Project
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Crafts & Activities for Kids collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of Free Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Solar system worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Solar System Colouring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Constellations Book for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
- Free Constellation Flashcards
- Moon Phases Worksheets
- Planets Printable Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Fun Activities for Kids
- Beautiful and EASY Capillary Action Science Experiment (also known as walking water)
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids (must add to your summer bucket list!)
- Fun-to-Make Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft for Kids
- Super cute and FREE A to Z Letter Find Worksheets
- Alphabet Hats for kids to celebrate every letter of the Alphabet!
- Easy Button Craft for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!