This Books of the Bible Hopscotch game will help with learning the Books of the Bible at home or in your Sunday school lesson in a fun, engaging, and memorable way. Kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade will love this hands-on, active way to memorize the books of the Bible while having fun! We have lots of books of the Bible games to make teaching the Bible fun!
Books of the Bible Hopscotch
We love ways to make learning fun! So when we were trying to think of engaging books of the Bible activities to help children learn the books of the Bible we were super excited when we came up with this fun Books of the Bible hopscotch. This Bible game can be done outside on a driveway for families studying God’s word together or with students at Church in a Sunday School classroom by using our reusable books of the Bible game for kids from kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4.
Books of the Bible Games
To help our Sunday School class learn the Books of the Bible we devised a LOT of fun, interactive ways for kids to learn the them. But I think this Books of the Bible Hopscotch has to be one of my favorites.
Basically, kids would hop over the spaces just like a regular hopscotch board saying the books of the Bible they hopped on. This helped reinforce the books and was a great active activity.
Books of the Bible Games for Kids
To try this fun books of the Bible game, you will need a few simple supplies:
I used a spare box to trace the square so they would be uniform, it was about 10” x 10”. Alternate colors and patterns as you go. I put the 1st & 2nd books next to each other. (i.e. 1st & 2nd Samuel) to help kids visualize that these books go together.
Learning the books of the bible
Our Books of the Bible Hopscotch is in two strips because it wouldn’t all fit and it made it easier to put up and take down in class. Plus that way we could focus on just the first half of the books of the Bible as kids were just learning the order of the books in the Bible.
Hint: We used masking tape to hold the pieces together and on the edges to hold it in place. Never had any problem, but it seemed like a good precaution so the hopscotch didn’t slide as a child was hopping
Books of the bible game
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
I’m quite new to the children’s ministry, and I’m just trying learn some different activities to do.