Help your kids learn about and understand air pressure by helping them understand that air is real, expresses energy, and exerts pressure with these fun, hands on science projects for kids of all ages. This is a wonderful introduction to be able to understand how airplanes fly.
Air Pressure Science Project
Kids are going to be so impressed when learning about air with these amazing Air Pressure Science Project.
Show kid that air is real. Show them an empty soda bottle and ask them what is inside – chances are they will say nothing. Now put a balloon over the top.
Set 2 liter bottle in boiling water and watch the balloon inflate. (as air is heated the molecules spread out)
If it were empty how could it inflate? Air is real – we just can’t see it!
Air Expresses Energy
You will need an empty soda can which you put just a little water in. Now heat it on the stove until hot. Meanwhile get ready a large bowl of ice water.
Now using tongs quickly put the hot can in the very cold water. It should collapse.
Air Pressure and Straws
Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
Here you can see our Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment in reverse!
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!