Learn about the solar system for kids with these super cute, solar system coloring pages. These planet coloring pages are a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders to learn about planets for kids. These solar system colouring pages include the object, key word to trace, and information too. There are over 15 different pages in this free printable solar system coloring pages pack to learn about Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Asteroid Belt, Pluto, and the Milky Way Galaxy. Simply print the planets coloring pages pdf file and you are ready for a no-prep solar system activity for kids.
Solar System Coloring Pages
Help kids begin to learn about the amazing thigns in our outer space by colouring a cute solar system coloring page. This pack of solar system coloring pages include LOTs of pages with one planet coloring page per planet plus solar system coloring sheets for the asteroid belt, sun, moon, and more! Whether you use them one at a time for a solar system unit, make them all and put them into a book, or simply learn about one planet in our Milky way Galaxy at a time, you will love these beautiful printable solar system coloring pages. Try this solar system coloring with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. These solar system coloring sheet pages are sure to make learning about our amazing solar system fun by coloring in the planets an reading the text. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy solar system worksheets for making learning fun! Use them as extra practice, summer learning, center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool science curriculum.
Planet coloring pages
Planets coloring pages
All you need for this planet activity for kids are:
- planets coloring pages pdf
- crayons, markers, or colored pencils
That’s it! You are ready to color and learn about the solar system for kids!
Solar system colouring pages
Each free solar system coloring pages includes a picture to color, word to trace, and information about the solar system object. Have your child use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to work on solar system coloring the planet and trace the planet name.
Then read the information on the solar system coloring sheets to learn more about the cool planets in our solar system.
Solar system coloring pages pdf
Included in this large pack of solar system printable coloring pages are the following coloring sheets for students to color and learn:
- Solar system
- Sun – The sun is a star that is very, very hot. Its heat keeps plants and animals on earth alive. All the other planets in our galaxy go around the sun.
- Mercury – Of the 8 big planets that orbit the sun, Mercury is the smallest and closet to the sun. Mercury is about the size of our moon and gets very hot at day and very cold at night.
- Venus – Venus is the 2nd planet from the sun and the hottest planet in our solar system. Most of Venus is covered in lava rock that comes from volcanoes.
- Earth – The Earth is our home; it is the only planet known to support life.
- Moon (our moon) – You’ve seen the moon up in the night sky, but it ‘s actually just one of many moons in our solar system. We only have one moon; astronauts have landed on the moon times. Our moon looks bright at night because the sun’s light is bouncing off the surface.
- Mars – Mars is the 4th planet from our sun; it looks reddish because there is a lot of iron in the rocks on the surface. Mars has 2 moons: Phobos and Deimos.
- Jupiter -Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system. It is so big that all the other planets in our solar system could fit inside it. Jupiter looks cloudy because it spins very fast pulling clouds into bands around the earth. Jupiter has 63 moons!
- Saturn – Saturn is the 6th planet from our sun. It would take 4 years for a spaceship from Erath to get here. Saturn’s thousands of rings are made up of icy rocks; some as small as a speck of dust. Saturn has at least 53 moons.
- Neptune – Neptune is the 8th planet around our sun. Like Jupiter, Neptune is known as a gas giant. This planet has wild weather with winds more than 1,000 miles an hour.
- Uranus – The 7th planet from our sun is sipped onto its ide and is called Uranus. This planet is the coldest of our 8 big planets. It has at least 27 moons.
- Pluto – Once considered the 9th planet from the sun, this planet is now considered a dwarf planet. Pluto has 3 small moons that orbit this cold planet.
- Asteroid Belt – The asteroid belt is a rig of rocks that orbit our sun between Mars and Jupiter. It separates the rocky planets from the gas planets.
- Milky Way Galaxy – Earth is in the Milk Way Galaxy. The milky way is made up of billions of stars and is just one of the galaxies in our universe!
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
- Kids will love this fun fizzy planets space experiments for kids
- Use playdough for this planets project
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Free Constellation Worksheets
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Solar system coloring page
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Glitter Meets Glue Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!