Learn about the solar system for kids with these super cute, free printable solar system coloring pages. Simply download pdf file and print the solar system colouring pages to help teach toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students about the planets in our solar system! There are over 15 different pages in this solar system coloring page pack to learn about Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Asteroid Belt, Pluto, and the Milky Way Galaxy.
Solar System Coloring Pages
Help kids begin to learn about the amazing planets for kids, asteroid belt, sun, moon, and more with these free solar system coloring pages! Whether you use them one at a time for a solar system unit, make them all and put them into a book, or simply learn about one planet in our Milky way Galaxy at a time, you will love these beautiful free solar system coloring pages. These free coloring pages are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. These science worksheets are sure to make learning about our amazing solar system fun by coloring in the planets an reading the text.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy solar system worksheets for making learning fun! Use them as extra practice, summer learning, center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool science curriculum.
Solar System Colouring Pages
Solar System Coloring Page
Each free solar system coloring sheets includes a picture to color, word to trace, and information about the solar system object. Have your child use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to work on solar system coloring the planet and trace the planet name. Then read the information to learn more about the cool planets in our solar system.
Free Solar System Coloring Pages
Included in this large pack of printable solar system coloring pages are the following coloring sheets for students to color and learn:
- Solar system
- Sun – The sun is a star that is very, very hot. Its heat keeps plants and animals on earth alive. All the other planets in our galaxy go around the sun.
- Mercury – Of the 8 big planets that orbit the sun, Mercury is the smallest and closet to the sun. Mercury is about the size of our moon and gets very hot at day and very cold at night.
- Venus – Venus is the 2nd planet from the sun and the hottest planet in our solar system. Most of Venus is covered in lava rock that comes from volcanoes.
- Earth – The Earth is our home; it is the only planet known to support life.
- Moon (our moon) – You’ve seen the moon up in the night sky, but it ‘s actually just one of many moons in our solar system. We only have one moon; astronauts have landed on the moon times. Our moon looks bright at night because the sun’s light is bouncing off the surface.
- Mars – Mars is the 4th planet from our sun; it looks reddish because there is a lot of iron in the rocks on the surface. Mars has 2 moons: Phobos and Deimos.
- Jupiter -Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system. It is so big that all the other planets in our solar system could fit inside it. Jupiter looks cloudy because it spins very fast pulling clouds into bands around the earth. Jupiter has 63 moons!
- Saturn – Saturn is the 6th planet from our sun. It would take 4 years for a spaceship from Erath to get here. Saturn’s thousands of rings are made up of icy rocks; some as small as a speck of dust. Saturn has at least 53 moons.
- Neptune – Neptune is the 8th planet around our sun. Like Jupiter, Neptune is known as a gas giant. This planet has wild weather with winds more than 1,000 miles an hour.
- Uranus – The 7th planet from our sun is sipped onto its ide and is called Uranus. This planet is the coldest of our 8 big planets. It has at least 27 moons.
- Pluto – Once considered the 9th planet from the sun, this planet is now considered a dwarf planet. Pluto has 3 small moons that orbit this cold planet.
- Asteroid Belt – The asteroid belt is a rig of rocks that orbit our sun between Mars and Jupiter. It separates the rocky planets from the gas planets.
- Milky Way Galaxy – Earth is in the Milk Way Galaxy. The milky way is made up of billions of stars and is just one of the galaxies in our universe!
Solar System Activities
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun for Kids
- Moon for Kids & Astronauts Too
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars)
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on constellation activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Project
- Yarn Solar System
- Paint Stick Solar System Project
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Crafts & Activities for Kids collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of Free Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Solar system worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Constellations Book for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
- Free Constellation Flashcards
- Moon Phases Worksheets
- Planets Printable Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Solar System Coloring Sheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Glitter Meets Glue Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!