These free, no-prep Constellation Worksheets are a great way for children to learn about 28 different constellations that can be found in the night sky in either the Northern or the Southern Hemisphere. Included in this pack of Constellation activity sheets are several fun ways for kids to explore the solar system for kids and the patterns stars make in the sky. Simply print pdf file with Constellation Printables and you are ready to play and learn about constellations for kids with a fun constellations activity with first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Use these free printable, constellation worksheets to practice and learn about constellations for kids. This free pack of constellation activity sheets are perfect for students in grades 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade, 5, and grade 6. Use these in science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, or as part of a solar system lesson, space theme, or stars theme. With this pack of constellation printables, children will learn about 28 different constellations.
Constellation activity sheets
In this pack there are multiple activities that revolve around constellations. All pages are in black and white, which not only helps with printing, but also gives children the opportunity to express themselves as they decorate the image on each of the pages.
Print off all the pages in these stars worksheets. This no-prep file will immediately be ready to use. In this pack children will learn about the following constellations: aquarius, pisces, leo, capricorn, cassiopeai, cepheus, orion, pegasus, perseus, virgo, ursa ajor, sagitarius, Aries, Aquila, Lyra, Bodtres, and more!
- The first activity consists of three constellations per page. Children can look at the first constellation and say its name, then connect the dots to recreate the constellation on the card next to it.
- For the second activity, children will write the names of the constellations in alphabetical order.
- Also included in a constellation themed word search
- For the next activity, there are three constellation cards per page. Children will need to research each constellation, finding out where hemisphere it is found in; what the brightest star in the constellation is and where the constellation is located in the sky.
- At the end of the pack, you will find a ‘Build the Constellation’ mat. This mat can be laminated and children can use mini marshmallows and toothpicks or pretzel sticks to recreate the constellations they have been learning about.
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Constellation Activity Sheets
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Free constellation printables pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Constellation Worksheets <<