Kids will have loads of fun learning about different star formations and their names with this easy-to-make Constellations Cootie Catcher. This is the perfect addition to your solar system for kids unit with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students
Constellations for Kids
Practice makes perfect! The more kids are exposed to various star formations, the more they will learn the names and origins of common constellations. This Cootie Catcher Printable is a fun way for kids to learn about constellations while having fun with this paper game.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this activity is no prep! This is great for summer learning, match centers, science centers, space themes, and extension activities.
The pages are in blackline to save you on printer costs. There are 4 different free cootie catchers you can make to learn the names and formations of more than 30 constellations. Print them on white or colored plain paper (thick cardstock makes it harder to fold and manipulate for little hands).
Cootie Catcher Printable
Cut along the outer lines to make a square. You’ll notice the constellations printable includes both the formation name and the pattern. Complete instructions for folding your cootie catcher are included in the download. No tape required, just fold, fold, fold, and play!
The constellations included in this constellations activity include:
- Ursa Major
- Ursa Minor
Now students can slip their fingers in to the science cootie catcher and open and close it in different directions to see various constellations. If they are working on learning constellation names they can lift the flap to practice the constellation names.
Constellation Activities for Kids
Plus, don’t miss these fun, engaging, and FREE constellation activities for kids!
- Constellation Flashcards
- Learn shapes with this fun Flashlight Constellations
- Constellations Printable Mini Book
- Skip Counting Constellations Printable combines practicing counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s with dot to dot constellations!
- Fun, hands on Pipe Cleaner Constellations activity for kids
- Create this fun Constellations Printable wheel to spin and learn about even more star formations
Solar System for Kids
Did you enjoy this hands-on constellation building task? You will love these other fun, creative space themed activities:
- Solar System Driveway Game
- Paint Stick Solar System for Kids
- Solar System Coloring Pages
- DIY Constellations Projector
- Yarn Solar System Project
- Geoboard Constellations Activity
- Make an Edible Solar System
- FREE Solar System Worksheets for Kids
- Puffy Paint Solar System Window Clings
- Solar System Unit
Fun Activities for Kids
- Beautiful and EASY Capillary Action Science Experiment (also known as walking water)
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids (must add to your summer bucket list!)
- Fun-to-Make Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft for Kids
- Super cute and FREE A to Z Letter Find Worksheets
- Alphabet Hats for kids to celebrate every letter of the Alphabet!
- Easy Button Craft for Kids
Constellation Fortune Tellers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!