Kids will have loads of fun learning about different star formations and their names with this easy-to-make Constellations printable. This Cootie Catcher Printable is the perfect addition to your solar system for kids unit with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Simply print printable cootie catcher and you are ready to play and learn about constellations for kids.
Constellations for Kids
Practice makes perfect! The more kids are exposed to various star formations, the more they will learn the names and origins of common constellations. This Cootie Catcher Printable is a fun way for kids to learn about constellations while having fun with this paper game. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this activity is no prep! This is great for summer learning, match centers, science centers, space themes, and extension activities.
Cootie Catcher Printable
The pages are in blackline to save you on printer costs. There are 4 different free cootie catchers you can make to learn the names and formations of more than 30 constellations. Print them on white or colored plain paper (thick cardstock makes it harder to fold and manipulate for little hands).
Cootie Catcher Printable
Cut along the outer lines to make a square. You’ll notice the easy constellation printables includes both the formation name and the pattern. Complete instructions for folding your cootie catcher are included in the file. No tape required, just fold, fold, fold, and play!
The constellations included in this constellations activity include:
- Ursa Major
- Ursa Minor
Now students can slip their fingers in to the science cootie catcher and open and close it in different directions to see various constellations. If they are working on learning constellation names they can lift the flap to practice the constellation names.
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Free Constellation Activity Sheets
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Fun Activities for Kids
- Beautiful and EASY Capillary Action Science Experiment (also known as walking water)
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids (must add to your summer bucket list!)
- Fun-to-Make Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft for Kids
- Super cute and FREE A to Z Letter Find Worksheets
- Alphabet Hats for kids to celebrate every letter of the Alphabet!
- Easy Button Craft for Kids
Free Cootie Catcher Printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!