Are your kids as crazy about slime as mine are? My kids love playing with slime and trying different types of slime. In our experimenting, we came up with this cool baking soda slime. This slime uses baking soda as the activator for a wonderful sheen and flow without being sticky at all! And with the first day of school just around the corner, we decided to make a yellow pencil slime as a back to school activities! We also like to make it a lego brick slime for a silly lego activities for kids too! Come see how to make slime with baking soda and get playing with your preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders.
Baking Soda Slime
We love whipping up play recipes at our house. They are not only loads of fun, but great for my kids who need the sensory experience. We love our 2 ingredient slime, but sometimes we like to mix it up! Today we tried making baking soda slime. This slime is super cool and you really need to whip up a batch to see what I mean. All you need are a few simple materials to make this contact solution slime. I’ve got lots of tips, tricks, and pictures to guide you on how to make slime activotar with baking soda so you can make this EPIC saline solution slime. You will want to know how to make slime with glue and baking soda with your preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
How to Make Slime with Baking Soda
All you need are a few simple materials to whip up a batch of this slime recipe for kids:
- 1 cup Elmer’s school glue
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons contact lens solution (make sure it has boric acid as one of the ingredients)
- food coloring (optional)
- Lego bricks (optional
How to Make Slime with Glue and Baking Soda
Mix your 3 ingredient slime together in a bowl. It will seem sticky, but don’t worry – just keep mixing.
Contact Solution Slime
Once the slime has formed remove it from the bowl and knead it with clean, dry hands until it reaches the correct conssitency. If your slime baking soda is too sticky, just add a little more contact solution and knead it into the mixutre.
Saline Solution Slime
Time to play! This pretty white slime is great for adding int things like sequins, glitter, and LEGO! We love playing with lego in this way. It is fun to watch them sheet.
How to Make Slime Activator with Baking Soda
If you prefer you can mix in some food coloring to dye the slime or instead of white elmers glue you can use a colored glue so you don’ thave to mess with the food coloring.
This beautiful yellow slime is a wonderful mixture between regular slime recipes and fluffy slimes. It has such a fun texture with a wonderful flow and sheen.
Back to School Slime
Use it as a fun first day of school activity to get kids excited about going back to school while letting them wiggle and fidget and keep their hands busy at the same time. You could make a little container of this back to school slime for each student or friends.
This would also be a fun lego activity or party favors for a Lego theme party!
Get ready for hours of fun play with your kids as they explore cause and effect, strengthen hand muscles, and most importantly create childhood memories to last a lifetime!
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Construction Slime Activities
- EASY Contact Solution Slime
- WOW 2 ingredient slime -our go to recipe
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime
- Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or this Cornstarch Slime with gummy bears
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes
- Chocolate Goop
- Fluffy Unicorn Slime
Looking for more free lego printables for kids of all ages? Try these resources
- ⭐ READER FAVORTE – Lego Letters Alphabet Mats to build and trace letters from A-Z
- Trace Lego Numbers using bricks with these free printable duplo mats
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Under the Sea Lego Writing Prompts
- Lego Multiplication Flash cards printable
- Tons of Lego themed printable spelling test for kids
- Learn the books of the Bible with this hands-on Lego Bible activity for kids
- Back to School Lego Challenge Ideas
- Free Printable Halloween Lego Challenge
- Lego Alphabet Cards
- Lego All About Me Worksheets
- Free Lego Printables Activities for Kids Poster
- Use these Free Printable Lego Challenge Cards to learn about famous landmarks from around the world as they use their creativity to recreate these famous buildings from the Taj Mahal to the Eiffel Tower and 24 more.
Lego Activities for Kids
- EASY Lego Balloon Car project for kids
- Journaling with Lego is a fun Lego writing prompts
- Squishy Circuits Lego Science Expeirments
- Kids will love making their own maze activity. If you use duplo blocks use a ping pong ball, if you use lego bricks use a marble.
- Hands-on Lego Spelling Game
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego Activities
- This simple-to-make Lego Zipline is great for teaching kids a variety of skills and having an EPIC afternoon.
- Lego Water Wheel Project
First Day of School Printables
Get ready for the first day of school with your 1st day signs, a fun game, 1st day of school craft, and these cute coloring pages!
- First Day of School Signs
- Free Printable First Day of Preschool Sign
- Back to School BINGO
- Celebrate by making a cute, free printable First Day of School Preschool Craft
- First Day of School Hat Craft for Kindergartners
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds
- Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction
- Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles
- Work on phonics and literacy with these adorable Crayon Box CVC Words Activity
- Free Hand Washing Printables
- Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities
- Glue Stick rhyming activities
Back to School Activities
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities
- Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets
- School Bus Letter Matching Game
- Glue Stick Number Bonds Worksheets
- What Comes Next Back to School Math
- Back to School Activity with Crayon Box Letter Matching Puzzles
First Day of School Activities
- Cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity
- I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet
- Back to School Theme Preschool
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets
- School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Cute Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
- Back to School Printables Bundle
- All About Me Graphic Organizer for the 1st day of school
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- All About Me Worksheet
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Clever All About Me Puzzle
- All About Me Poster Pennants
Leave a Reply