Are your kids as crazy about slime as mine are? My kids love playing with slime and trying different types of slime. In our experimenting, we came up with this cool baking soda slime. This slime uses baking soda as the activator for a wonderful sheen and flow without being sticky at all! And with the first day of school just around the corner, we decided to make a yellow pencil slime as a back to school activities! We also like to make it a lego brick slime for a silly lego activities for kids too! Come see how to make slime with baking soda and get playing with your preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders.
Baking Soda Slime
We love whipping up play recipes at our house. They are not only loads of fun, but great for my kids who need the sensory experience. We love our 2 ingredient slime, but sometimes we like to mix it up! Today we tried making baking soda slime. This slime is super cool and you really need to whip up a batch to see what I mean. All you need are a few simple materials to make this contact solution slime. I’ve got lots of tips, tricks, and pictures to guide you on how to make slime activotar with baking soda so you can make this EPIC saline solution slime. You will want to know how to make slime with glue and baking soda with your preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
How to Make Slime with Baking Soda
All you need are a few simple materials to whip up a batch of this slime recipe for kids:
- 1 cup Elmer’s school glue
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons contact lens solution (make sure it has boric acid as one of the ingredients)
- food coloring (optional)
- Lego bricks (optional
How to Make Slime with Glue and Baking Soda
Mix your 3 ingredient slime together in a bowl. It will seem sticky, but don’t worry – just keep mixing.
Contact Solution Slime
Once the slime has formed remove it from the bowl and knead it with clean, dry hands until it reaches the correct conssitency. If your slime baking soda is too sticky, just add a little more contact solution and knead it into the mixutre.
Saline Solution Slime
Time to play! This pretty white slime is great for adding int things like sequins, glitter, and LEGO! We love playing with lego in this way. It is fun to watch them sheet.
How to Make Slime Activator with Baking Soda
If you prefer you can mix in some food coloring to dye the slime or instead of white elmers glue you can use a colored glue so you don’ thave to mess with the food coloring.
This beautiful yellow slime is a wonderful mixture between regular slime recipes and fluffy slimes. It has such a fun texture with a wonderful flow and sheen.
Back to School Slime
Use it as a fun first day of school activity to get kids excited about going back to school while letting them wiggle and fidget and keep their hands busy at the same time. You could make a little container of this back to school slime for each student or friends.
This would also be a fun lego activity or party favors for a Lego theme party!
Get ready for hours of fun play with your kids as they explore cause and effect, strengthen hand muscles, and most importantly create childhood memories to last a lifetime!
Amazing baking soda slime has a great sheen, texture & flow without being sticky! Use Lego or make into pencil for back to school activities.
- ⭐ READER FAVORTE – Lego Letters Alphabet Mats to build and trace letters from A-Z
- Trace Lego Numbers using bricks with these free printable duplo mats
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Under the Sea Lego Writing Prompts
- Lego Multiplication Flash cards printable
- Tons of Lego themed printable spelling test for kids
- Learn the books of the Bible with this hands-on Lego Bible activity for kids
- Back to School Lego Challenge Ideas
- Free Printable Halloween Lego Challenge
- Lego Alphabet Cards
- Lego All About Me Worksheets
- Free Lego Printables Activities for Kids Poster
- Use these Free Printable Lego Challenge Cards to learn about famous landmarks from around the world as they use their creativity to recreate these famous buildings from the Taj Mahal to the Eiffel Tower and 24 more.
- EASY Lego Balloon Car project for kids
- Journaling with Lego is a fun Lego writing prompts
- Squishy Circuits Lego Science Expeirments
- Kids will love making their own maze activity. If you use duplo blocks use a ping pong ball, if you use lego bricks use a marble.
- Hands-on Lego Spelling Game
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego Activities
- This simple-to-make Lego Zipline is great for teaching kids a variety of skills and having an EPIC afternoon.
- Lego Water Wheel Project
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime or Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red apple pie slime, cool pumpkin slime, or fluffy turkey thanksgiving slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- Frozen Blue Slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime, red hot valentines day slime
- EASY Green Slime Recipe with Contact Solution,
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or edible Chocolate Slime,
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes, or fluffy Unicorn Slime
Back to School Activities
- Back to School BINGO, Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities, cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Pencil yellow baking soda slime, free printable back to school notes, pencil alphabet matching and free printable playdough mats
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities, Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles, School Bus Letter Matching Game
- What Comes Next Back to School Math, Crayon Box Letter Matching Back to School Activity , cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity, Crayon Box CVC Words Activity, Free Hand Washing Printables
- Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards, Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers, printable Back to School ABC Games, Back to School Theme Preschool, school bus non-standard measurment activities
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities, Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities, Glue Stick rhyming activities, Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
First Day of School Printables
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds and Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction and Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets, I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet, Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets, free School Supplies Tracing Worksheet. fun Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages