If you are looking for a fun, engaging idea for teaching measurement, you will love these free printable measurement activities. This activity on measuremnt of length is perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. The fun school bus cards make this hands-on measurement activities perfect for a back to school activity on the first day of school! Simply print the measuring activities for preschoolers and you are ready to play and learn some important math!
Looking for a fun Back to School measuring activity? These School Bus measuring cards are such a fun way to get learners excited about Back to School and introduce them to the idea of non-standard measurement at the same time. Learners will absolutely love using non-standard measuring units such as snap cubes, paperclips or the apple ruler included in the printable. Simply print the school bus measuring cards and you are ready for a fun Back to School activity that will have students eager to learn!
Activity on Measurement of length
Measurement is a fundamental mathematical concept that learners will need to learn. Learners generally start of learning about measurement using non-standard units such as snap cubes, counting bears, paperclips and so on. This fun Back to School measurement activity is a great way for learners to get introduced to the concept of non-standard measurement.
Hands-on Measurement Activities
If you are on the lookout for a back to school activity for your learners this is a perfect activity! You can even pair up learners together and get them to measure the length of the school buses using several different objects and compare how the object used affects the number they need to measure the school bus.
If you are looking for more Hands-on Back to School Activities for Kindergarten which cover both math and literacy concepts, then this Bundle of Back to School Activities is perfect for your learners!
Measuring Activities for Preschoolers
This is a fun and hands-on measurement printable that learners will be able to use over and over again. Once this center is printed and prepped, simply store the cards in a ziplock bag and you will have a mess free method of storing this printable.
- Free printable (at the end of this post)
- Dry-erase markers
- Items for measuring (Snap cubes, paperclips, counting bears)
Measuring Activities for Kindergarten
This center is very low-prep which is absolutely fantastic! To prep this printable simply print and laminate the pages. Then cut apart to create the measuring cards.
The printable contains 10 measuring cards ranging from 2cm to 20cm long school buses.
Present the school bus measuring cards to your learner. Present the learner with the measuring units they have to use. You can choose to use any manipulative such as counting bears, snap cubes, paperclips or even the apple ruler that is included in the printable.
Learners will place the manipulative or ruler along the line on the measuring card. They will count the number of objects that match the length of the school bus on the card and write the number in the box provided.
If your learner is ready to progress from non-standard measurement to standard units of measuring, they can also use a ruler and measure the lines in cm and write their answers down.
This printable is a fun and simple way to introduce learners to measurement. It also provides a hands-on experience for learners as they get to discover lengths and ways to measure length using different objects and units. This non-standard measurement activity is a perfect math center to integrate into your kindergarteners or first graders center or morning bin and have learners practice their measurement concepts. For another free Back to School measuring activity check out this set of FREE School Supplies Measuring Activity.
Measurement Activities for Kids
- Surfboard Preschool Measuring Activity for Summer
- Back to School Worksheet Preschool Measurement Activities
- Winter Ruler Measurement Worksheets
- Bug Preschool Measurment Worksheets
- Measure an Animal Print
- Measurement HUNT – Measurement Activities for 2nd Grade
- Measurement Worksheets
First Day of School Printables
Get ready for the first day of school with your 1st day signs, a fun game, 1st day of school craft, and these cute coloring pages!
- First Day of School Signs
- Free Printable First Day of Preschool Sign
- Back to School BINGO
- Celebrate by making a cute, free printable First Day of School Preschool Craft
- First Day of School Hat Craft for Kindergartners
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds
- Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction
- Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles
- Work on phonics and literacy with these adorable Crayon Box CVC Words Activity
- Free Hand Washing Printables
- Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities
- Glue Stick rhyming activities
Back to School Activities
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities
- Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets
- School Bus Letter Matching Game
- Glue Stick Number Bonds Worksheets
- What Comes Next Back to School Math
- Back to School Activity with Crayon Box Letter Matching Puzzles
First Day of School Printables
- Cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity
- I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet
- First Day Back to School Notes for Kids
- Back to School Theme Preschool
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets
- School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Cute Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
- Back to School Printables Bundle
First Day of School Activities
- All About Me Graphic Organizer for the 1st day of school
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- All About Me Worksheet
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Clever All About Me Puzzle
- All About Me Poster Pennants
Back to school Math
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.