This simple set of spring math puzzles are a great way for pre-k and kindergarten age children to practice spring counting or spring addition while having fun! This spring math activity has children count the fireflies and match with the correct numeral or numeral and addition equation. This spring math activities for kindergarten is perfect for a spring theme! Simply print pdf file with insect printables and you are ready to play and learn with bug math.
Spring Maths Puzzles
This kindergarten math activity is perfect for spring or summer math! There are two levels to these spring math puzzles. Preschoolers can simply add the number of dots on the firefly wints and match with the numeral piece. Kindergartners can not only count the dots, but match it with the correct addition equation featured. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun spring math activity to make learning fun!
Kindergarten math puzzles
Spring math puzzle
As kids start to learn to count, it’s important that they get lots and lots of practice. It’s also essential that you give them lots of visuals so they can begin to connect a picture of a quantity to the numeral.
On these puzzles, kids count the spots on the butterfly and match that to the correct numeral.
Math puzzles for kindergarten
This helps kids with number recognition, one-to-one correspondence (knowing that each number counted represents exactly one object) and cardinality (how many objects are in a set).
The first set of puzzles includes the numbers 1-10, with corresponding butterfly counting pictures.
You may also like this hands on set of count & compare pages with Skittles candy!
These initial counting pictures will also begin to prepare them for addition as they see the spots as two sets of dots on each butterfly wing.
So they will see four as two and two, for instance.
Math Puzzles for Kids
Once your kids are comfortable counting and are familiar with the numbers represented by each butterfly, you can move on to the addition puzzles. The goal of these puzzles is to move from counting to recognizing that two sets can be written as an addition sentence.
Each puzzle includes a picture with two butterflies, the total number of spots between the two and an addition sentence to model the picture. For example, on this puzzle, one butterfly has 4 spots and the other has one spot: The addition sentence then is 4 + 1 and the total is 5.
Maths puzzles for kindergarten
If your kids are 4 or 5 years old and just learning to count and add, they will likely still count each individual spot on the two butterflies. That’s ok! That’s developmentally appropriate, and expected.
The challenge is for them to then match the picture of two butterflies to the correct addition sentence. This may be a bit trickier for them to get, but encourage them to see each picture as two separate quantities.
So you might say, “In this picture, we see 4 spots and one spot. How would we write that using math language?”
You don’t need to use formal language such as “addition” or “plus” or “sum.” The goal is simply to see that there are multiple quantities and we can combine them using a ‘+’ symbol.
More advanced kids may like this set of addition & subtraction coloring pages.
Printable math puzzles
This pdf file includes 18 puzzles. First you will find puzzles to count and recognize the numbers 1-10. Then there are 8 addition puzzles, with facts representing the numbers 3-10. I hope you have fun exploring and counting with these fun Spring counting puzzles!
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Mowing the Lawn Spring Alphabet Game
- Spring Alphabet Worksheets for preschoolers
- Alphabet Kite Craft
- Free Printable Flower matching game for preschoolers
- Rainbow Spring Letter Tracing for kids
- Spring Flowers Letter Matching Printable for Upper and Lowercase Letters
- Rainy Day Find-the-Letter Spring Worksheets
- Raindrop Letters Matching activity for spring
- Hop to it! Frog alphabet matching game printable
Spring Language Arts
- Free Printable Flower rhyming words
- Bunny short i puzzles are a fun spring activities for kindergarten
- Cut, Paste, and Read Spring Sight words Reader
- April Showers Digraph Activities for second grade
- Spring sight words game
- free printable sight word worksheets for spring
- Spring vowel worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring CVC Words Activity
- Cut, Paste & Read Bug Free Printable SIght Word Books pdf
- Hands-on Caterpillar spring cvc words activity
- Printable spring bubble word family games
- April Writing Prompts Calendar
- Free May Writing Prompts Worksheets for K-4th graders
- Rhyming Words Spring Worksheets
- Simple, free Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Printable Spring Emergent Reader
- Planting Carrots CVC Word Activity
- Frog free printable sight words games pdf
- Tulip spring rhyming words worksheet
- Carrot word family worksheets for kindergarten
Spring Math Activities
- Butterfly Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free printable kite Skip Counting Craft
- Spring counting playdough mats
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Count to 10 Insect printables for preschoolers
- Fraction Flowers worksheets for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar flashcards – numbers
- Bug Measuring Cards Free
- Raindrop counting activity for spring
- Spring carrot what comes next activity
- Flower free printable number bond worksheets for kindergarten
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-30 pdf
- Spring Math Puzzles to work on counting and addition
Spring Math Activity
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Birds, Free printable one to one correspondence activity with jelly beans
- Free printable missing number worksheets
- Spring Bunny counting number tracing cards
- Teen Number sense Flower Addition Worksheet
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats
- Printable Spring Tracing Worksheets
- Free Printable FLOWER shapes activities for kindergarten
- Vegetable counting from 1 to 10 clip cards activity
- Seeds Make 10 Addition Game
- Spring Addition Counting Clip Cards
- Kite Color Matching – free printable learning colors for toddlers game
- Free printable How to plant a seed step by step worksheet
- I Spy Farm Animals (great for visual discrimination & counting)
- Free Printable Spring Worksheets Preschool
- Backyard Critters Insect worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring color words worksheets using do-a-dot markers
- B is for Butterfly weekly theme
- Fun Ant activities for preschoolers (prek / k)
- I is for Inchworm activities for kids
- Match the Flower Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Spring lego challenge cards
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Umbrella Craft
- I Spy Spring
These science projects and spring science experiments are perfect for indoor or outdoor!
- How big is a Raindrop Experiment for kids
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Density water balloon science experiment
- Fun-to-Make, Beautiful Chromatography Butterflies for kids
- Vinegar and Baking soda Rocket Experiment
- Outrageously cool Lemon Clock project for kids
- Making butter in a jar experiment
- Balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Amazing Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
Spring Science Worksheets
These free science printables are a grea way to learn about the parts of a plant, plant life cycles, animal life cycles, to take along as zoo field trip worksheets, and more!
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Hatching Butterflies Observation Book
- Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet free
- Free Earthworm life cycle worksheet
- Nature Walk Activity Sheet
- Frog Life Cycle for Kids spinner activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Free Zoo fieldtrip worksheet
- Printable Animal Habitat Game
- Insect Life Cycle printable books
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
Your kids are going to want to try these fun springtime craft projects.
- 30 DIY Bird Feeder projects to make with kids this springtime
- Gingho Leaf Umbrella Craft
- Bubble Wrap Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Cute toilet paper roll bunny crafts for kids
- 40 Earth Day Crafts
- Easy Impressionism for Kids spring art project
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Pop-up Butterfly Crafts for preschoolers
Flower Crafts for Kids
- 100 Beautiful Flowers Crafts for Kids to Make
- Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Celery Painted Tulip Flower Craft
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Ideas
- Felt Board Flower Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Fine Motor Bead Flower Craft for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Flower Crown
- Cute printable flower craft for mothers day
- Super cute Printable Flower Craft for working on name recognition
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
Spring Activities for Kids
- Colorful Snake Bubble Activity for kids
- Spring pasta craft for kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Find monthly resources such are our March Crafts for kids or our March Activities for Kids!
- Check out our April Crafts for kids or our April Activities for Kids!
- Don’t miss these May Crafts for kids or our May Activities for Kids!
- Let’s ease into summer on June 21st with these June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT bubbles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.