Keep the kids busy this month with all these awesome April activities! We have so many fun, celver april activities for kids covering a variety of themes from Easter to flowers, easter bunny activities, frog, chick, and more! These april activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids are sure to make for fun, playfuld days making memories together!
Included in this collection of fun April activities are so many outrageously fun and creative April activities for kids. Your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 children will love these Easter activities, spring activities, frog activities for kids, and more. This awesome list includes sensory play, learning activities, small world play, music activities, science and STEM activities, and simple recipes you can make with your kids. There are enough spring activities on this list to keep the kids busy all April!
April activities for kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these engaging activities to fill your springtime with play! Use these at home, in the classroom, at your coop, and more!
Easter activities for kids
First of all, here are some fun easter activities using pretty easter eggs!
- Plastic egg bunnies from Mama Smiles. These cute egg bunnies hide a sweet surprise!
- Printable Easter egg game cards from Childhood101. These Easter egg cards come with instructions for four different games you can play with them.
- Easter egg maracas from Kids’ Craft Room. Sing a few Easter or spring songs and play along with these cool maracas.
- Magnetic Eggs from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. This is such a clever way to use plastic Easter eggs!
- Easter egg play dough mat from Picklebums. Decorate the Easter egg with play dough. There are three other Easter themed play dough mats in this set too.
- Easter egg sensory bin from The Keeper of the Memories. This is a colorful sensory activity that is quick and easy to set up. What could you put inside the eggs to make it even more fun?
- Easter egg hunt with printable clues from Edventures with Kids. This set of printable clues makes setting up an egg hunt super easy.
Easter bunny activities
Nothing says spring like bunnies and the most famous bunny of the all is the Easter Bunny! Check out these fun bunny activities for kids:
- Dairy free bunny pancakes from Messy Little Monster. What a cute way to start a spring morning, or Easter breakfast!
- Bunny hop ABC game from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is a fun and ‘Eastery’ way to practice letter learning!
- Adorable Easter Color by Number Crowns from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. These free printable crowns help kids practice number recognition and improving fine motor skills while having fun!
- Easter peeps fruit kabobs from One Little Project at a Time. These Easter bunny topped treats are easy enough for even little hands to make.
- Bunny play dough invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is a lovely invitation to make play dough bunnies.
Tadpoles and frogs are synonymous with spring and these cute frog activity ideas are sure to be a hit with your kiddos.
- Origami jumping frog game from Messy Little Monster. This looks like a super fun way to practice numbers and counting!
- Frog habitat garden from The Craft Train. This is a gorgeous imaginative play idea, and who knows, a real frog may come and visit your garden one day.
- Frog Life Cycle Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Help kids watch the amazing transformation from tadpole to frog with this free printable activity
- Frog Addition Game – fun, hands on activity to help kids practice addition
- How to raise tadpoles from Rainy Day Mum. Raising tadpoles and watching them magically change into frogs is a great way to connect with nature.
- Frog vomit slime from Kids Activities Blog. This cool green slime recipe even has added bugs!
- Frog Sight Word game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This free printable game makes it fun to practice sight words with a fun, spring theme!
How cute are spring chicks? Kids go nuts over these cute yellow fluff balls that cheep and are so cute! Try these:
- Spring chick playdough invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is such a fun play dough set up and the little play dough chicks are so adorable!
- Easy easter chick cookies from Picklebums. These are so easy, even little kids can have a go. There is also a super cute bunny cookie idea.
- Chicken life cycle printable from Natural Beach Living. This fabulous printable is a great way to learn about life cycles.
- Chicken Observation Book from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a fun way for kids to really notice all that is happening as an egg hatches into a baby chick
- Easter chick maze from Artsy Momma. This fun printable chicken maze will keep the kids busy. There is also a bunny and and Easter egg maze too.
- Make a spring chick out of Lego from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. There are step by step instructions and photos to help you build this cute chick!
Try these activities with flowers – there are so many activities and flower colors to choose from!
- Bleeding blossoms STEM project from Babble Dabble Do. This is an interesting science activity with gorgeous results.
- Fizzing spring flowers STEM activity from Hands on Teaching Ideas. Your little ones are going to love this fizzy flower science activity and they are easy to make too.
- Easy Flower Science Experiment from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will be AMAZED as they can turn flowers into two completely different colors
- Spring garden sensory play from Mommy Evolution. Even if it’s raining outside you can still have fun playing with this garden sensory bin.
- Flower Preschool Counting Game from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will practice counting while completing these spring flowers.
- Color changing spring flower experiment from Laughing Kids Learn. This easy to set up science experiment has almost magical results!
- Spring Sight Word Mazes from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will have fun practicing sight words while completing these pretty flower mazes
- Plant the flowers math game from Fun a Day. This dice game is easy to set up, but loads of fun.
- Flowers and pom poms sensory bin from My Bored Toddler. Don’t you just want to sink your hands into this soft pom pom ‘dirt’?
- Flower matching game from Learn With Play At Home. You could use these free printable cards as a simple matching game, or as a memory game.
Spring is in full swing in April. So here are some fun activities for spring!
- BEST Peeps Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will love turning peeps into an amazing, edible playdough recipe to play and eat!
- Orange bird feeder from Natural Beach Living. This is a such a great way to make a bird feeder.
- Spring scavenger hunt for kids from Fun With Mama. Get the kids outside looking for all the items on this printable scavenger hunt list.
- Painting a puddle activity from Simple Fun for Kids. This is a great creative and sensory activity to do outside after it has rained.
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Color Matching Activity from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will use fruit loops (or skittles) to make a rainbow while matching colors and working on one to one discrimination too
- Make a rainstick instrument from Buggy and Buddy. Create your own rainy spring day sounds with this cool instrument.
- Spring sensory bing scavenger hunt from Me and My Merbaby. This sensory bin uses beautiful pastel colored rice and lots of springy themed items to find.
- Spring Scavenger Hunt Bingo from Kindergarten Worksheet and Games. This free printable is such a fun way for kids to really notice all the amazing things changing around them
Activities for the month of april
If you are looking for more things do you with your kids during April, check out these gorgeous April crafts for kids. There are 30 different art and craft ideas for all ages.
Have fun trying out these awesome April activities for kids!
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Mowing the Lawn Spring Alphabet Game
- Spring Alphabet Worksheets for preschoolers
- Alphabet Kite Craft
- Free Printable Flower matching game for preschoolers
- Rainbow Spring Letter Tracing for kids
- Spring Flowers Letter Matching Printable for Upper and Lowercase Letters
- Rainy Day Find-the-Letter Spring Worksheets
- Raindrop Letters Matching activity for spring
- Hop to it! Frog alphabet matching game printable
Spring Language Arts
- Free Printable Flower rhyming words
- Bunny short i puzzles are a fun spring activities for kindergarten
- Cut, Paste, and Read Spring Sight words Reader
- April Showers Digraph Activities for second grade
- Spring sight words game
- free printable sight word worksheets for spring
- Spring vowel worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring CVC Words Activity
- Cut, Paste & Read Bug Free Printable SIght Word Books pdf
- Hands-on Caterpillar spring cvc words activity
- Printable spring bubble word family games
- April Writing Prompts Calendar
- Free May Writing Prompts Worksheets for K-4th graders
- Rhyming Words Spring Worksheets
- Simple, free Flower Rhyming Worksheets
- Printable Spring Emergent Reader
- Planting Carrots CVC Word Activity
- Frog free printable sight words games pdf
- Tulip spring rhyming words worksheet
- Carrot word family worksheets for kindergarten
Spring Math Activities
- Butterfly Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free printable kite Skip Counting Craft
- Spring counting playdough mats
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Count to 10 Insect printables for preschoolers
- Fraction Flowers worksheets for kids
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar flashcards – numbers
- Bug Measuring Cards Free
- Raindrop counting activity for spring
- Spring carrot what comes next activity
- Flower free printable number bond worksheets for kindergarten
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-30 pdf
- Spring Math Puzzles to work on counting and addition
Spring Math Activity
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Birds, Free printable one to one correspondence activity with jelly beans
- Free printable missing number worksheets
- Spring Bunny counting number tracing cards
- Teen Number sense Flower Addition Worksheet
- Shape Flower Playdough Mats
- Printable Spring Tracing Worksheets
- Free Printable FLOWER shapes activities for kindergarten
- Vegetable counting from 1 to 10 clip cards activity
- Seeds Make 10 Addition Game
- Spring Addition Counting Clip Cards
- Kite Color Matching – free printable learning colors for toddlers game
- Free printable How to plant a seed step by step worksheet
- I Spy Farm Animals (great for visual discrimination & counting)
- Free Printable Spring Worksheets Preschool
- Backyard Critters Insect worksheets for kindergarten
- Spring color words worksheets using do-a-dot markers
- B is for Butterfly weekly theme
- Fun Ant activities for preschoolers (prek / k)
- I is for Inchworm activities for kids
- Match the Flower Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Spring lego challenge cards
- Fruit Loop Color Matching Umbrella Craft
- I Spy Spring
These science projects and spring science experiments are perfect for indoor or outdoor!
- How big is a Raindrop Experiment for kids
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Density water balloon science experiment
- Fun-to-Make, Beautiful Chromatography Butterflies for kids
- Vinegar and Baking soda Rocket Experiment
- Outrageously cool Lemon Clock project for kids
- Making butter in a jar experiment
- Balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Amazing Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
Spring Science Worksheets
These free science printables are a grea way to learn about the parts of a plant, plant life cycles, animal life cycles, to take along as zoo field trip worksheets, and more!
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Hatching Butterflies Observation Book
- Printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet free
- Free Earthworm life cycle worksheet
- Nature Walk Activity Sheet
- Frog Life Cycle for Kids spinner activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Free Zoo fieldtrip worksheet
- Printable Animal Habitat Game
- Insect Life Cycle printable books
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
Your kids are going to want to try these fun springtime craft projects.
- 30 DIY Bird Feeder projects to make with kids this springtime
- Gingho Leaf Umbrella Craft
- Bubble Wrap Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Cute toilet paper roll bunny crafts for kids
- 40 Earth Day Crafts
- Easy Impressionism for Kids spring art project
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Pop-up Butterfly Crafts for preschoolers
Flower Crafts for Kids
- 100 Beautiful Flowers Crafts for Kids to Make
- Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Celery Painted Tulip Flower Craft
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Ideas
- Felt Board Flower Craft
- Splatter Art Flower Craft for Kids
- Fine Motor Bead Flower Craft for Preschoolers
- How to Make a Flower Crown
- Cute printable flower craft for mothers day
- Super cute Printable Flower Craft for working on name recognition
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
Spring Activities for Kids
- Colorful Snake Bubble Activity for kids
- Spring pasta craft for kids
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Find monthly resources such are our March Crafts for kids or our March Activities for Kids!
- Check out our April Crafts for kids or our April Activities for Kids!
- Don’t miss these May Crafts for kids or our May Activities for Kids!
- Let’s ease into summer on June 21st with these June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT bubbles