Keep the kids busy this month with all these awesome April activities! We have so many fun, celver april activities for kids covering a variety of themes from Easter to flowers, easter bunny activities, frog, chick, and more! These april activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids are sure to make for fun, playfuld days making memories together!
Included in this collection of fun April activities are so many outrageously fun and creative April activities for kids. Your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 children will love these Easter activities, spring activities, frog activities for kids, and more. This awesome list includes sensory play, learning activities, small world play, music activities, science and STEM activities, and simple recipes you can make with your kids. There are enough spring activities on this list to keep the kids busy all April!
April activities for kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these engaging activities to fill your springtime with play! Use these at home, in the classroom, at your coop, and more!
Easter activities for kids
First of all, here are some fun easter activities using pretty easter eggs!
- Plastic egg bunnies from Mama Smiles. These cute egg bunnies hide a sweet surprise!
- Printable Easter egg game cards from Childhood101. These Easter egg cards come with instructions for four different games you can play with them.
- Easter egg maracas from Kids’ Craft Room. Sing a few Easter or spring songs and play along with these cool maracas.
- Magnetic Eggs from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. This is such a clever way to use plastic Easter eggs!
- Easter egg play dough mat from Picklebums. Decorate the Easter egg with play dough. There are three other Easter themed play dough mats in this set too.
- Easter egg sensory bin from The Keeper of the Memories. This is a colorful sensory activity that is quick and easy to set up. What could you put inside the eggs to make it even more fun?
- Easter egg hunt with printable clues from Edventures with Kids. This set of printable clues makes setting up an egg hunt super easy.
Easter bunny activities
Nothing says spring like bunnies and the most famous bunny of the all is the Easter Bunny! Check out these fun bunny activities for kids:
- Dairy free bunny pancakes from Messy Little Monster. What a cute way to start a spring morning, or Easter breakfast!
- Bunny hop ABC game from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is a fun and ‘Eastery’ way to practice letter learning!
- Adorable Easter Color by Number Crowns from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. These free printable crowns help kids practice number recognition and improving fine motor skills while having fun!
- Easter peeps fruit kabobs from One Little Project at a Time. These Easter bunny topped treats are easy enough for even little hands to make.
- Bunny play dough invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is a lovely invitation to make play dough bunnies.
Tadpoles and frogs are synonymous with spring and these cute frog activity ideas are sure to be a hit with your kiddos.
- Origami jumping frog game from Messy Little Monster. This looks like a super fun way to practice numbers and counting!
- Frog habitat garden from The Craft Train. This is a gorgeous imaginative play idea, and who knows, a real frog may come and visit your garden one day.
- Frog Life Cycle Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Help kids watch the amazing transformation from tadpole to frog with this free printable activity
- Frog Addition Game – fun, hands on activity to help kids practice addition
- How to raise tadpoles from Rainy Day Mum. Raising tadpoles and watching them magically change into frogs is a great way to connect with nature.
- Frog vomit slime from Kids Activities Blog. This cool green slime recipe even has added bugs!
- Frog Sight Word game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This free printable game makes it fun to practice sight words with a fun, spring theme!
How cute are spring chicks? Kids go nuts over these cute yellow fluff balls that cheep and are so cute! Try these:
- Spring chick playdough invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is such a fun play dough set up and the little play dough chicks are so adorable!
- Easy easter chick cookies from Picklebums. These are so easy, even little kids can have a go. There is also a super cute bunny cookie idea.
- Chicken life cycle printable from Natural Beach Living. This fabulous printable is a great way to learn about life cycles.
- Chicken Observation Book from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a fun way for kids to really notice all that is happening as an egg hatches into a baby chick
- Easter chick maze from Artsy Momma. This fun printable chicken maze will keep the kids busy. There is also a bunny and and Easter egg maze too.
- Make a spring chick out of Lego from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. There are step by step instructions and photos to help you build this cute chick!
Try these activities with flowers – there are so many activities and flower colors to choose from!
- Bleeding blossoms STEM project from Babble Dabble Do. This is an interesting science activity with gorgeous results.
- Fizzing spring flowers STEM activity from Hands on Teaching Ideas. Your little ones are going to love this fizzy flower science activity and they are easy to make too.
- Easy Flower Science Experiment from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will be AMAZED as they can turn flowers into two completely different colors
- Spring garden sensory play from Mommy Evolution. Even if it’s raining outside you can still have fun playing with this garden sensory bin.
- Flower Preschool Counting Game from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will practice counting while completing these spring flowers.
- Color changing spring flower experiment from Laughing Kids Learn. This easy to set up science experiment has almost magical results!
- Spring Sight Word Mazes from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will have fun practicing sight words while completing these pretty flower mazes
- Plant the flowers math game from Fun a Day. This dice game is easy to set up, but loads of fun.
- Flowers and pom poms sensory bin from My Bored Toddler. Don’t you just want to sink your hands into this soft pom pom ‘dirt’?
- Flower matching game from Learn With Play At Home. You could use these free printable cards as a simple matching game, or as a memory game.
Spring is in full swing in April. So here are some fun activities for spring!
- BEST Peeps Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will love turning peeps into an amazing, edible playdough recipe to play and eat!
- Orange bird feeder from Natural Beach Living. This is a such a great way to make a bird feeder.
- Spring scavenger hunt for kids from Fun With Mama. Get the kids outside looking for all the items on this printable scavenger hunt list.
- Painting a puddle activity from Simple Fun for Kids. This is a great creative and sensory activity to do outside after it has rained.
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Color Matching Activity from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will use fruit loops (or skittles) to make a rainbow while matching colors and working on one to one discrimination too
- Make a rainstick instrument from Buggy and Buddy. Create your own rainy spring day sounds with this cool instrument.
- Spring sensory bing scavenger hunt from Me and My Merbaby. This sensory bin uses beautiful pastel colored rice and lots of springy themed items to find.
- Spring Scavenger Hunt Bingo from Kindergarten Worksheet and Games. This free printable is such a fun way for kids to really notice all the amazing things changing around them
If you are looking for more things do you with your kids during April, check out these gorgeous April crafts for kids. There are 30 different art and craft ideas for all ages.
Have fun trying out these awesome April activities for kids!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Super cute Spring Printable Bookmarks
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game