Kids will have fun practicing sounding out short i words with these adorable, FREE Spring Short I Puzzles perfect for preschool and kindergarten age kids.
FREE Short I Activities
- Valentines Day Short I Mats
- Short I CVC Words Cut & Paste
- Short and Long Vowel Spelling Worksheets
- Long Vowel and Short Vowel Cut & Paste Printable
- Short Vowel Board game
Spring Short I Puzzles
I love spring. It is full of flowers, cute spring clothes, and all things bunny.
Short I Words
Like most puzzles, a little prep-work (aka cutting) is required. But if you print on card stock and laminate, you can use them over and over.
- First, print off on card stock paper.
- Next, cut out the pieces of the puzzle.
- Finally, laminate them and you are good to go!
Short I Sound
So I have to admit, trying to make words match short i word pictures can be a little difficult. So before you begin the activity, it is important that your precious ones know what each picture stands for.
I sat down with my five-year-old and treated the picture parts of the puzzles like flash cards. The first time I went through them and just said the word, and he parroted me.
The next time, I showed him the picture and he said the word. This way I knew that he was able to identify each picture.
Bunny Literacy Activity
My little guy has been working on short i words during his computer work each day. So I knew he had already had worked on reading these fun CVC words.
At this point, I wanted to see what he could do on his own. So I stepped back and washed some dishes while he sat nearby sounding out these words.
I loved his triumph voice as the sounds came together and he was able to read the word and then find the picture.
Other children may need a little more support. In this case, sit down next them and help as needed. You could….
- Sound out each sound and let the child put the word together.
- Gently guide their finger under each letter, and have them parrot the sounds you make.
- Let them sound out each letter, and you can help them make the word.
Above all, enjoy this time with your little ones! It is a fun time to watch them learn and explore the world of letters and beginning words.
Download Bunny Short I Words
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.