Kids will have fun practicing sounding out short i words with these adorable bunny puzzles perfect for your kindergarten spring theme. These spring activities for kindergarten are a fun way for children to practice sounding out words and matching them with a cute clipart image featuring short it. To play this fun liteacy game, simply print pdf file with short i printables and add it to your spring lesson plans for kindergarten.
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
I love spring. It is full of flowers, cute spring clothes, and all things bunny. These cute short i words printables are sure to make practicing reading and matching short i words fun with kindergarteners and grade 1 students. This Spring Activities for Kindergarten is perfect for a literacy center! Use this short vowel game as a way to improve phonics skills and reading fluency that is fun and engaging for an Easter activity or Spring activity for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun way to work on short i words!
Short i worksheets
Short I Words
Like most puzzles, a little prep-work (aka cutting) is required. But if you print on card stock and laminate, you can use them over and over.
- First, print off on card stock paper.
- Next, cut out the pieces of the puzzle.
- Finally, laminate them and you are good to go!
So I have to admit, trying to make words match short i word pictures can be a little difficult. So before you begin the activity, it is important that your precious ones know what each picture stands for.
I sat down with my five-year-old and treated the picture parts of the puzzles like flash cards. The first time I went through them and just said the word, and he parroted me.
The next time, I showed him the picture and he said the word. This way I knew that he was able to identify each picture.
Short Vowel Game
My little guy has been working on short i words during his computer work each day. So I knew he had already had worked on reading these fun CVC words.
At this point, I wanted to see what he could do on his own. So I stepped back and washed some dishes while he sat nearby sounding out these words.
I loved his triumph voice as the sounds came together and he was able to read the word and then find the picture.
Other children may need a little more support. In this case, sit down next them and help as needed. You could….
- Sound out each sound and let the child put the word together.
- Gently guide their finger under each letter, and have them parrot the sounds you make.
- Let them sound out each letter, and you can help them make the word.
Above all, enjoy this time with your little ones! It is a fun time to watch them learn and explore the world of letters and beginning words.
looking for more fun vowel activities and resources to make learning to read and spell words fun? Check these out!
- Missing Vowels Clip Cards are a fun way for kindergartners and first grade students to practice adding in the missing vowel sounds
- Practice adding short and long vowels to word with these no-prep Vowels Worksheets
- Practice matching vowels sounds to clipart with these puzzles featuring Kindergarten Vowels
- Make practicing FUN with this cute short vowel games or use this long vowel games
- Grab these super cute CVC word puzzles free printable
- Handy Long Vowel Sounds Worksheets
- MIssing Sound Clip Cards Vowel Activities
- Practice adding short a words with this cut and paste activity for kids
- Long a vowel clip cards
- Short e words printable book for practicing adding the e vowel
- Cut and Paste short i words mini book
- Short i words Printable sight word reader for kids to practice reading short i words
- Cute Bunny Short i words puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice listening for the short i sound in words this spring!
- Work on short o words with this cut and paste booklet for kids to read, build, and write
- Cut and paste short u cvc words printable book for practicing adding the u vowel
- Printable vowel activities for kindergarten
- See all our Vowels activities here
Spring Alphabet Printables
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets perfect for spring letter learning
- Spring Letter Reveral Worksheets
- Ladybug free alphabet printables activity
- Alphabet Popsicles – hands-on phonics game for pre-k and kindergarten
- Spring Showers Letter Matching Game for kids
- Free Printable Bunny Alphabet Matching Game
- Spring Initial i Blends Game
- Bug Free Printable Sight Word Games
- Farm Sight Word Games for Kindergarten
- Word Family Flower Template to cut & paste
- Butterfly Printable Rhyming Games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- April Showers Multiplication Craft
- Butterfly Spring Addition Mats Activity for Kindergarten
- Spring Number Puzzle to trace, count, and match
- Butterfly Addition math puzzles for spring and summer
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Printable Spring Math Number Sense to 20 Activity
- Free Number Sense Worksheets for spring
- Learning Colors Spring Sorting Activity
- Spring place value cards printable free
- Butterfly Math missing addend game
- Flower Number Name Puzzle Worksheet
- Spring Math Games – Double Digit Addition Math Game for Spring
- Free printable Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
Spring Math for Preschoolers
- Hands-on counting with Rainbow activities for preschoolers
- Playdough Ladybug Counting Activity
- Bird Filefolder Addition Game
- Spring Suduko Easy – free printable problem solving skills activity for kids
- April showers Spring Math activity working on number sense
- Addition clouds – spring math activities for preschoolers
- Spring math worksheets for pre-k and kindergarten
- Umbrella Craft Preschool for workign on counting to 10 with free template
Kindergarten Spring Math
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Number Sense Butterfly Activities for Preschoolers
- Garden Telling Time Worksheets pdf free
- Frog multiplication game printable
- Math frog grade 4 worksheets
- Addition frog math game for kids
- Carrot Shape Playdough Mats
- Hungry Caterpillar Number Tracing Worksheets
- Days of the week printables featuring the Hungry Caterpillar
- Spring math activities for preschool using clip cards
Free Spring Printables
- Spring Bingo Dauber Sheets featuring clothes
- Counting to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Garden Printables with fun in the garden worksheet answers
- Kindergarten Spring Worksheets
- Free printable Flower scavenger hunt
- Spring printable bookmarks for kids
- Free printable spring directed drawing
- Spring worksheets for kindergarten
- Roll and Dab spring activity sheets for toddlers
- Learning colors for toddlers games sorting kite tassles (free printable)
- Spring Coloring Sheets
- Bug Coloring Sheets
Spring Science Ideas
Spring is the perfect time to study plants for kids! Here are some fun plant experiments to learn more about photosynthesis, pollination, capillary action, and more!
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water pollution experiment for preschool Science Expeirment
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- How to regrow celery in water with celery experiment worksheet
- Flower dye experiment Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Food Coloring Flower Experiment worksheet learning about capillar action
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Bouncy Egg in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Frozen Erruptions – Rainbow Science Activities for Preschoolers
Spring Crafts for Kids
Whether you want to make colorful spring rainbow crafts, umbrella rain crafts, butterfly crafts, or baby animal craft projects, we’ve got some cute ideas!
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Rainbow Painting with Kids using hot wheel cars
- Painting Spring Flowers with Celery flower activities for toddlers
- Simply stunning spring art for toddlers with a washable inkpad
- Rainbow Ice Cream Stick Craft
- Tissue Paper Butterly Craft for Kids
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Pretty Egg Carton Flowers
- Super cute and easy-to-make pasta necklace craft
These fun ideas are a combination of spring crafts and spring activities:
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Grass Craft for Kids
- Milk Toast Rainbows -YUM!
- 100 Spring Crafts for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and elementary age students
- Rainy Day Bleeding Tissue Paper Art project for kids
- Fun-to-Make Bubble Art for Kids
- Simple Bubble Painting by blowing bubbles
- Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Printable Flower Activity for Kids Scavenger Hunt
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Fun Spring Activities for Kids
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- Easy-to-Make Balloon Cd Hoovercraft
- Spring Scavenger Hunt BINGO
- Free Printable Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Plus don’t miss these dr seuss activities too
- 100 things to do on a rainy day
- Fun-to-make drawbot for kids
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years! If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Bunny Short I Words
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.