Kids will have fun practicing sounding out short i words with these adorable, FREE Spring Short I Puzzles perfect for preschool and kindergarten age kids.
FREE Short I Activities
- Valentines Day Short I Mats
- Short I CVC Words Cut & Paste
- Short and Long Vowel Spelling Worksheets
- Long Vowel and Short Vowel Cut & Paste Printable
- Short Vowel Board game
Spring Short I Puzzles
I love spring. It is full of flowers, cute spring clothes, and all things bunny.
Short I Words
Like most puzzles, a little prep-work (aka cutting) is required. But if you print on card stock and laminate, you can use them over and over.
- First, print off on card stock paper.
- Next, cut out the pieces of the puzzle.
- Finally, laminate them and you are good to go!
Short I Sound
So I have to admit, trying to make words match short i word pictures can be a little difficult. So before you begin the activity, it is important that your precious ones know what each picture stands for.
I sat down with my five-year-old and treated the picture parts of the puzzles like flash cards. The first time I went through them and just said the word, and he parroted me.
The next time, I showed him the picture and he said the word. This way I knew that he was able to identify each picture.
Bunny Literacy Activity
My little guy has been working on short i words during his computer work each day. So I knew he had already had worked on reading these fun CVC words.
At this point, I wanted to see what he could do on his own. So I stepped back and washed some dishes while he sat nearby sounding out these words.
I loved his triumph voice as the sounds came together and he was able to read the word and then find the picture.
Other children may need a little more support. In this case, sit down next them and help as needed. You could….
- Sound out each sound and let the child put the word together.
- Gently guide their finger under each letter, and have them parrot the sounds you make.
- Let them sound out each letter, and you can help them make the word.
Above all, enjoy this time with your little ones! It is a fun time to watch them learn and explore the world of letters and beginning words.
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Download Bunny Short I Words
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.