Kids will have fun practicing sounding out short i words with these adorable bunny puzzles perfect for your kindergarten spring theme. These spring activities for kindergarten are a fun way for children to practice sounding out words and matching them with a cute clipart image featuring short it. To play this fun liteacy game, simply download pdf file with short i printables and add it to your spring lesson plans for kindergarten.
Spring Activities for Kindergarten
I love spring. It is full of flowers, cute spring clothes, and all things bunny. These cute short i words printables are sure to make practicing reading and matching short i words fun with kindergarteners and grade 1 students. This Spring Activities for Kindergarten is perfect for a literacy center! Use this short vowel game as a way to improve phonics skills and reading fluency that is fun and engaging for an Easter activity or Spring activity for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun way to work on short i words!
Short i worksheets
Short I Words
Like most puzzles, a little prep-work (aka cutting) is required. But if you print on card stock and laminate, you can use them over and over.
- First, print off on card stock paper.
- Next, cut out the pieces of the puzzle.
- Finally, laminate them and you are good to go!
So I have to admit, trying to make words match short i word pictures can be a little difficult. So before you begin the activity, it is important that your precious ones know what each picture stands for.
I sat down with my five-year-old and treated the picture parts of the puzzles like flash cards. The first time I went through them and just said the word, and he parroted me.
The next time, I showed him the picture and he said the word. This way I knew that he was able to identify each picture.
Short Vowel Game
My little guy has been working on short i words during his computer work each day. So I knew he had already had worked on reading these fun CVC words.
At this point, I wanted to see what he could do on his own. So I stepped back and washed some dishes while he sat nearby sounding out these words.
I loved his triumph voice as the sounds came together and he was able to read the word and then find the picture.
Other children may need a little more support. In this case, sit down next them and help as needed. You could….
- Sound out each sound and let the child put the word together.
- Gently guide their finger under each letter, and have them parrot the sounds you make.
- Let them sound out each letter, and you can help them make the word.
Above all, enjoy this time with your little ones! It is a fun time to watch them learn and explore the world of letters and beginning words.
looking for more fun vowel activities and resources to make learning to read and spell words fun? Check these out!
- Missing Vowels Clip Cards are a fun way for kindergartners and first grade students to practice adding in the missing vowel sounds
- Practice adding short and long vowels to word with these no-prep Vowels Worksheets
- Practice matching vowels sounds to clipart with these puzzles featuring Kindergarten Vowels
- Make practicing FUN with this cute short vowel games or use this long vowel games
- Grab these super cute CVC word puzzles free printable
- Handy Long Vowel Sounds Worksheets
- MIssing Sound Clip Cards Vowel Activities
- Practice adding short a words with this cut and paste activity for kids
- Long a vowel clip cards
- Short e words printable book for practicing adding the e vowel
- Cut and Paste short i words mini book
- Short i words Printable sight word reader for kids to practice reading short i words
- Cute Bunny Short i words puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice listening for the short i sound in words this spring!
- Work on short o words with this cut and paste booklet for kids to read, build, and write
- Cut and paste short u cvc words printable book for practicing adding the u vowel
- Printable vowel activities for kindergarten
- See all our Vowels activities here
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Download Bunny Short I Words
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.