Help kid practice identifying pink, green, purple, blue, and yellow with this easter activity for preschoolers. In this easter activity for toddlers, children will sort the Easter Egss into the basket with the matching bow. This is a fun way to work on color regognition with a spring activity for kids. Simply download pdf file with easter egg printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Easter activity for preschoolers
Spring is such a wonderful time to learn and explore with little ones. They are naturally curious, and on the lookout for patterns to observe. If you’re looking for a fun, simple toddler spring activity you will love this color sorting activity for Easter. This simple Easter printables includes an easter egg and basket template for you to print to help your little ones practice sorting, matching, color words and fine motor skills. This preschool Easter activity is sure to be a hit with pre-k, toddler, and kindergarten age students.
Easter egg printables
Easter activity for toddlers
This activity is super easy to set up, and can be used again and again for color sorting fun. The printable pack includes the following:
- 6 Baskets for various colored eggs
- 36 eggs in 6 different colors to sort into the coordinating baskets
Spring activity for preschoolers
To get started, you will need to print all the eggs and baskets. I suggest using card stock for durability, and then laminating them. This will allow the pieces to hold up over time (and many small hands!).
Laminating the baskets will also allow you to write on them if you’d like. So if you’re working with older preschoolers on color words, you could write the color on each basket to help them learn the words as they match the colors.
Spring activity for toddlers
Once everything is printed, cut out the eggs. This is the only time consuming prep work, but once it’s complete, you can use it again year after year.
Then you’re all set!
Mix up all the eggs, and lay out the colored baskets, and let kids sort the eggs into the matching basket (according to the bow color).
Simple as that!
You could even cut a slit in the top of the basket if you’d like, allowing kids to put the eggs “into” the basket. If you do this, you may want to glue it to another piece of card stock after you cut the slit, making it easier for kids to stick the eggs into the basket.
Color Recognition Activity
After your kids have sorted and learned the different colors, here are some other ideas for how to use this color sort activity. First, you could set up an “egg hunt.” Mix up the eggs and pick a random basket and have your child find only the blue eggs, or only the green eggs, etc. Or hide the eggs around the room and let them find the eggs, then sort them according to their color.
Finally, after correctly matching all the eggs, have your child find other objects that match the colored baskets. This could include small toys, marbles, beads, pens, anything they can find that matches the colors on the baskets. If they enjoy this simple color sort and egg hunt activity, you may also have fun going on a simple shape scavenger hunt! This is a great excuse to get outside and learn.
Have fun learning and exploring through play!
Color Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Learning Color Words Puzzles
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Fruit Loop Color Activitity for Kindergarten
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Ma
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
- See all of our color activities for kids
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Easter Cross Craft at Sunrise
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Word Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Download Spring Color Sorting Activity
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank’s so much BethGorden