Kids will have fun working on number sense for numbers 11-20 with these number sense worksheets. These number sense worksheets kindergarten and first grade are a great way to help kids understand the tricky teen numbers with a no prep kindergarten math worksheet! Simply print pdf file with kindergarten number sense worksheets and you are ready to play and learn!
Number sense worksheets
1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. This is one of the first things that we teach our kids, isn’t it? But as we know there is much more to it than just going from one number to another. Ultimately, though, we want to teach our kids more than just saying the numbers. We want them to be confident with numbers, be able to think of numbers flexibly and understand all off what goes into number sense. That is where kindergarten number sense worksheets can be super handy to cement the concept. These number sense worksheets are a great way for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to work on number sense 11-20 with teen numbers kindegarten. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these number sense kindergarten worksheets. Use them as extra practice at home, spring math center in the classroom, or supplement to your homeschool kindergarten curriculum.
Kindergarten number sense worksheets
Number sense worksheets kindergarten
Learning number sense is not just something we teach kids, not just because. Number sense is the beginning step of being able to solve math problems. When children understand number sense, they have a better chance of understanding more difficult math situations.
- Writing Utensil
- Laminator / Dry Erase Pockets (optional)
- Dry Erase Marker (optional)
Teen numbers Kindergarten
Regardless of which option you choose, there are two pages that need numbers cut out. The first is the Higher or Lower Activity as well as the Even or Odd Number Activity page.
Shown here is the number sense worksheets where the numbers at the bottom need to be cut out. Kids can place them in the right area.
The first option is to use this as a one time use only activity. If this is your preference, children can use a crayon or colored pencil.
Shown here is the matching game. Kids can simply match the numerical number to the number word by drawing a line to connect the matches.
Number sense worksheet
The other option for this number sense activities for kindergarten is to laminate the pages to extend the life of the activity. By laminating it, kids can do these activities over and over. I would highly suggest laminating the number sense page, page 2 in the packet, so that kids can do this with all of the numbers 11 through 20.
The first page is the ultimate number sense page. It has space for children to write and color various ways to express a number. There is space to write the numerical version, the word, the number on dice, tally marks, the number in ten blocks, as well as drawing flowers. This activity is perfect being laminated so that any number can be done and the activity can be done over and over.
The activities are incredibly simple, requiring very little prep but will help kids immensely with learning and practicing numbers 11-20.
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Monster Match CVC Word Activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Number sense kindergarten worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!