Learn all about weather with this fun week-long Weather theme! Your kids will enjoy learning about weather for kids with these weather activities. These weather activities for kids are fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders. We’ve included weather printables, hands-on weather experiments for kids, cute weather crafts, and so much more!
Language Arts Weather Printables
Choose a weather language arts activity or two for you and your children to complete. Kids love the change from their regular studies!
- Read books about the rain together from the Moments at Home
- Complete a Lightning Leap Weather Alphabet Activity (with free printable) from Preschool Powol Packets
- Use this fun weather pack with your kids from Totschooling
- Weather writing prompts are a fun way to practice writing and discuss te weather too!
- Don’t forget to download this free Weather Worksheets pack filled with everythign you need for a weather unit for ages 3-9!
Use one of these fun weather math activities to cement concepts and add to your fun weather lesson plan!
- Observe and sketch the weather with this fun printable Calendar from Schooltime Snippets
- Make a rain gauge and calculate the amount of rain you receive from The Moments at Home
- Use a rainbow abacus for math this week
- Study fractions using a Fraction Snowflake
- Help your kids understand even and odd using Even / Snowballs
- Your older kids will love calculating the size of a raindrop!
Make some cute weather crafts for kids themed with clouds, raindrops, and lightening or use the actual rain to make a unique project.
- Have you ever tried painting with rain? It’s the perfect rainy day activity for blustery fall
- Check out this fun weather activity, a Thunderstorm Art Project from Buggy and Buddy
- Cute Bubble Wrap Rain Craft
- Make a Weather Mobile Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy
- Try this process art, Cotton Ball Clouds, with your preschoolers from Schooltime Snippets
- Enjoy this fun art project: Make the Earth Using Rain from Creative Little Explorers.
- Create a Rainy Weather Sensory Bin for your kids from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
- Don’t forget to complete this Felt Snowflake Art activity. It’s easy, it’s clean, and it’s fun for all ages!
Weather Science Experiments
Help kids understand why tornados form, why it rains, and more with these weather experiments for kids.
- Study clouds with this fun weather unit
- Make a tornado in a bottle! from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Try this fun Rain Cloud Spring Science Weather Activity from Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Explain cold and warm fronts with this weather science experiment: Warm and Cold Front Model from Preschool Powol Packets
- Make a Hurricane Model Science Experiment from Preschool Powol Packets.
- Create Your Own Wind Anemometer from Theres Just One Mommy
- Have fun making a cloud in a jar from There’s Just One Mommy.
- Try this quick thunder science experiment from Preschool Powol Packets.
- And learn what causes storms from Frog and Fairies
- Your kids will love making their own toilet paper roll binoculars from Buggy and Buddy for cloud observation!
- Take a field trip to the local TV or radio station and remember to ask about the weather station
- Head out to a local farm and have the kids ask the farmer about how the weather affects his farm
- Check out the National Weather Service’s education page for kids
- Enjoy Weather Themed Yoga with your kids
- Learn weather words in American Sign Language
- Learn weather words in Spanish
- Check out these Sign Language Coloring Pages
Weather Activities for Kids
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Season Wheel Printable
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Cloud for Kids
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms whil epracticing math and literacy skills
- HUGE Free Printable Weather Unit for lower elementary age children – activities, weather worksheets, and more
Weather books for Kids
You have two options for using books in your weather unit study:
- Choose a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday
- Read your favorite book (s) all 5 days of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about your children getting bored!
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our weekly themes here or explore our preschool weekly themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Super cute Spring Printable Bookmarks
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game