Learn all about weather with this fun week-long Weather theme! Your kids will enjoy learning about weather for kids with these weather activities. These weather activities for kids are fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders. We’ve included weather printables, hands-on weather experiments for kids, cute weather crafts, and so much more!
Language Arts Weather Printables
Choose a weather language arts activity or two for you and your children to complete. Kids love the change from their regular studies!
- Read books about the rain together from the Moments at Home
- Complete a Lightning Leap Weather Alphabet Activity (with free printable) from Preschool Powol Packets
- Use this fun weather pack with your kids from Totschooling
- Weather writing prompts are a fun way to practice writing and discuss te weather too!
- Don’t forget to download this free Weather Worksheets pack filled with everythign you need for a weather unit for ages 3-9!
Use one of these fun weather math activities to cement concepts and add to your fun weather lesson plan!
- Observe and sketch the weather with this fun printable Calendar from Schooltime Snippets
- Make a rain gauge and calculate the amount of rain you receive from The Moments at Home
- Use a rainbow abacus for math this week
- Study fractions using a Fraction Snowflake
- Help your kids understand even and odd using Even / Snowballs
- Your older kids will love calculating the size of a raindrop!
Make some cute weather crafts for kids themed with clouds, raindrops, and lightenitng or use the actual rain to make a unique project.
- Have you ever tried painting with rain? It’s the perfect rainy day activity for blustery fall weather!
- Check out this fun weather activity, a Thunderstorm Art Project from Buggy and Buddy
- Cute Bubble Wrap Rain Craft
- Make a Weather Mobile Craft for Kids source
- Try this process art, Cotton Ball Clouds, with your preschoolers from Schooltime Snippets
- Enjoy this fun art project: Make the Earth Using Rain from To Be a Kid Again
- Create a Rainy Weather Sensory Bin for your kids from Teaching 2s and 3s
- Don’t forget to complete this Felt Snowflake Art activity. It’s easy, it’s clean, and it’s fun for all ages!
Weather Science Experiments
Help kids understand why tornados form, why it rains, and more with these weather experiments for kids.
- Study clouds with this fun weather unit
- Make a tornado in a bottle! from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Try this fun Rain Cloud Spring Science Weather Activity source
- Explain cold and warm fronts with this weather science experiment: Warm and Cold Front Model from Preschool Powol Packets
- Make a Hurricane Model Science Experiment source
- Create Your Own Wind Anemometer from Theres Just One Mommy
- Have fun making a cloud in a jar source
- Try this quick thunder science experiment
- And learn what causes storms from Frog and Fairies
- Your kids will love making their own toilet paper roll binoculars from Buggy and Buddy for cloud observation!
- Take a field trip to the local TV or radio station and remember to ask about the weather station
- Head out to a local farm and have the kids ask the farmer about how the weather affects his farm
- Check out the National Weather Service’s education page for kids
- Enjoy Weather Themed Yoga with your kids
- Learn weather words in American Sign Language
- Learn weather words in Spanish
- Check out these Sign Language Coloring Pages
Weather Activities for Kids
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Season Wheel Printable
- Cloud for Kids
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Beautiful Bleeding Tissue Paper Rain Craft
- Rainbow Worksheets for Kids
- Rainbow Density Science Experiment
- How big is a raindrop science activity
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms whil epracticing math and literacy skills
- HUGE Free Printable Weather Unit for lower elementary age children – activities, weather worksheets, and more
Weather books for Kids
You have two options for using books in your weather unit study:
- Choose a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday
- Read your favorite book (s) all 5 days of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about your children getting bored!
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our weekly themes here or explore our preschool weekly themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.