Welcome back to week #2 of our science weather unit we started last spring. These activities are intended for toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and 1st & 2nd grade to be able to do together in homeschool.
Hibernation Seasons Activity
The kids favorite thing about our study was our Hibernation Play – hands down! We had seen the bears at our zoo not only prepare for hibernation, but in their den hibernating all winter long last year. This was the highlight of visiting the zoo in the winter! So when I told the kids they were going to prepare to hibernate they didn’t skip a beat. They grabbed chairs & blankets to make their cave. Then they grabbed pillows – because they didn’t have any plants to bring in (I love that they knew what was suppose to be in there). They thought it was great fun!
Weather Worksheets for Kids
We did some fun, preschool type worksheets. We talked about the differences in temperature. We looked at the different temperature in our area throughout the year and even the differences throughout the day! I really enjoyed the season book Goofy made. He drew a picture of his favorite thing of the season and then wrote a couple sentences to explain the picture. I love seeing his artistic creations as well as his developing writing skills!
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Type of Cloud Activities for Kids with FREE Printable Worksheets
- Cold Front Weather Science Experiments for Kids
- Water Cycle in a Bag Weather Activity with free printable worksheet
- Amazing Rising Water with burning candle Air Pressure Experiment
- Free Printable Water Cycle for Kids Flip Book
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Grow a Rainbow Activity for Kids
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- 2 Hands-on Water Cycle Activities for Kids