Here is a fun way for Kindergarten kids to work on their fine motor skills while gaining confidence reading word families. These 20 FREE Kindergarten Word Family Sliders are a fun homeschool language arts activity for kids.
Word Family Activities for Kids
Word Families Kindergarten
My Kindergartners always loved the sliders we made together. To help them continue to work on fine motor skills (important for strengthening hands to write letters), and gain confidence reading, I made these word family sliders to to enjoy together.
Word Family Activities
These are so easy to use. Just color, cut, slide, and READ!
There are 20 different sliders to make including the following word families: ug, ig, eep, ip, un, en, at, ot, ank, ill, ar, an, ish, ite, ail, ox, ed, op, ate, and oon.
Although I made these sliders for Kindergartners they work great for Preschool and 1st grade homeschoolers too.
Kids will feel successful and confident as they read these word families by themselves
- 100s Chart (free printable!)
- Critical Thinking with Velcro Craft Sticks
- Vowel Shapes Game
- A to Z Letter Find
- 20+ Really Fun Science Activities for Kids
- School Punch Cards (Homeschool To Do List for Kids)
- 13 Homeschool Blogs you Should be Reading
- Reading the EASY Way Kindergarten – 12 weeks of fun worksheets (like color by sight word), 5 games, readers, and more to help kids become sight word proficient.
20 Word Family Sliders in COLOR! (Freebie)
If you’d like to download these 20 word family sliders in COLOR for FREE all you need to do is subscribe to get my free email updates.
Download FREE Word Family Sliders
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!