Are your young children learning their colors? Set up this fun Mitten Matching Color Game to learn colors AND develop fine motor skills too!
- 40 Color Recognition Activities
- Color Wheel Fidget Spinner
- FREE Learn Colors with Color Spinner
- Printable Color Word Puzzles
- Simple Color Flashcards
- Color Words Book for Kids
- Sorting Colored Pom Poms
- FREE My Color Book
Mitten Matching Color Game
What you need:
- Variety of Felt squares/craft foam/cardboard
- corresponding colors of pegs/clothespins
- color dice (or use color cards from Candyland or similar)
Cut mitten shapes out of the felt, craft foam or cardboard. Two of each color. (Find a template HERE) Attach a string to anything that will give you a “washing line” effect. We used an old computer stand, but one can simply use two chairs.
Time to play!
Roll the dice. Find the color peg that the dice landed on. Also find the color mittens. “Hang” up the mittens. See how quickly you can get all the mittens on the “washing line”. Individual players can time themselves and try to beat their previous time. If more than one child plays, and does well with competitive games, they can try to beat each other.
A fun game to work on color recognition and fine motor skills with little ones!