Did you know that National Honey Bee Day is on August 17th? And September is National Honey Month? What better time to learn about the amazing sweetener that is honey and what clever insects make that honey for us!
National Honey Bee Day
These adorable and educational Honeybee activities for National Honey Month are the perfect way to introduce honeybees to your kids.
Learn about how bees make honey in these books, have fun experimenting with how bees live in the activities, make the hands-on bee crafts, and take honey into your other lessons with these fun bee and honey-themed worksheets! You’ll never look at honey the same way again.
Bee Worksheets for First Grade
Use these hands-on worksheets to give your school lessons a bee twist and learn more about bees. Most of these printables are geared toward preschool through first grade.
- Honeybee Math Worksheet from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Honey and Bee Printables for Preschool from Kids Activities Blog
- Bee Life Cycle from Trillium Montessori
- Honey Bee Math from Homeschool Preschool
- Bee Themed Activities from Therapy Fun Zone
- Bee Missing Number Activity from ABCSso ACTs
- Honeycomb Number Matching from Totschooling
- Bee Printables from A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Honeybee Activity Books from Itsty Bitsy Fun
Bee Crafts for Preschool
Kids will love these adorable and creative honey and bee crafts and activities.
- 3D Honeycomb Craft
- Thumbprint Bee Hive from Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Honeycomb Fine Motor Activity from Still Playing School
- Honey Taste Test from Gift of Curiosity
- Bumble Bee Art from Buggy and Buddy
- Busy Bee Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
- Papier Mache Beehive from Mess for Less
- Bee Craft with Corn Honey Comb from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Read these books about honey and honeybees to round out your mini honey unit study. Kids will love reading these books over and over again.
- The Life and Times of the Honeybee
- The Honeybee Man
- Flight of the Honeybee
- Honeybee Life Cycle
- Honey Bee Facts
- In the Trees, Honeybees