Why should Christmas get all the fun countdown calendars? Make this fun Countdown to Easter Felt Calendar with your kids or Sunday School class! The best part is, it is super easy to make!
Here’s what you will need for supplies:
- A large felt piece for the back of the calendar (mine was a stiff version of felt, which made it even easier to work with)
- Sheets of felt in various colors
- Felt glue
- Permanent markers
- Hole punch
The felt can be found inexpensively at your local craft store or easily ordered online.
Countdown to Easter Felt Calendar
First, cut out squares from the felt. My backing board was 12 inches wide, so I decided to make my squares 2 1/2 inches. This left room for 20 squares, perfect for about a 3 week countdown!
If you are doing this craft with younger children, cut the square out beforehand and let them choose what colors they’d like from the pre-cut squares.
Once you get them cut out, arrange them on your backing piece how you’d like.
Then, use the felt glue to attach the squares, leaving an opening at the top.
- A cross cut out of felt that you move from day to day
- A piece of paper with a daily activity
- A scripture verse to read
- A random act of kindness to do each day
- A (tiny) treat
Bible Crafts for Kids
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus
- Jesus in the Temple as a Boy
- Jesus is > John the Baptist (Sandals Craft)
- Jesus’ Baptism
- Jesus is Tempted
- 12 Disciples
- Jesus Drives out Evil Spirits into pigs
- Jesus and Nicodemus: Measuring God’s Love
- Jesus Feeds 5000
- Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law
- Jesus Heals a Man with Shriveled Hand
- Jesus Heals a Leper