Why should Christmas get all the fun countdown calendars? Make this fun easter countdown craft is a fun way to get ready for Easter with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. The best part is this countdown to easter is super easy to make!
Easter countdown craft
Here’s what you will need for supplies:
- A large felt piece for the back of the calendar (mine was a stiff version of felt, which made it even easier to work with)
- Sheets of felt in various colors
- Felt glue
- Permanent markers
- Hole punch
The felt can be found inexpensively at your local craft store or easily ordered online.
Countdown to easter
First, cut out squares from the felt. My backing board was 12 inches wide, so I decided to make my squares 2 1/2 inches. This left room for 20 squares, perfect for about a 3 week countdown!
If you are doing this craft with younger children, cut the square out beforehand and let them choose what colors they’d like from the pre-cut squares.
Once you get them cut out, arrange them on your backing piece how you’d like.
Easter countdown calendar
Then, use the felt glue to attach the squares, leaving an opening at the top.
Countdown to easter calendar
- A cross cut out of felt that you move from day to day
- A piece of paper with a daily activity
- A scripture verse to read
- A random act of kindness to do each day
- A (tiny) treat
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Crafts
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Activities and Crafts – lots of fun Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Easter Bunny Craft
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Art for Kids – simple, yet stunning craft for kids of all ages!
- Easter Cross Craft at showing the cross at sunrise
- Lots of super cute Jesus Resurrection Craft Ideas
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Bunny Crafts for Toddlers
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft for Elementary students
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt for at home or neighborhood
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Fun Easter Bingo (religious)
- Easter Egg Activity for Toddlers – egg hunt and color sorting activity
- Alphabet Matching Easter Egg Activity
- Simple Easter Activity for Kindergarten Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes – are a fun print and go activity
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Easter Egg Activities
- Easter Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Spring Activity for Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Number Trace
- Alphabet Mats Easter Activity for Preschoolers
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Worksheets for Preschoolers Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Activities for Preschool
- Preschool Math Puzzle Egg Puzzle Printables
- Easter activity for Kindergarten practicing sight words
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Activitiy for Kids
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Egg Word Families
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Easter Egg Phonics Printables
- Practice patterns with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Matching Easter Activity for Preschool
- Letter Tracing Easter Alphabet Letters
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Game
- Create-a-Word Easter Spelling Activities
- Easter Egg Activity Matching Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Easter Math Worksheets where students will color by Hundreds Chart
- Fun Easter sight word activities
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt for pre-k and kindergarten
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment Worksheet
- Amazing Air Presssure Experiments using an Egg
- Fun Egg Drop Project Ideas
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment hypothesis for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter science experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way