If you have a toddler, or pre-k kindergarten, or preschool learning colors, you will love this clever color wheel fidget. Children will use their fidget spinner to point to a color, lift the paper plate flap, and learn color names! This outrageously FUN learning colors for kids craft project is sure to provide hours and hours of educational enjoyment playing a color game for kids.
Color wheel fidget
This outrageously EASY and CLEVER color wheel fidget activity is sure to be a hit in your house! You will use a fidget spinner and markers with this paper plate project to help kids learn color names. Use this color activity on it’s own as a learning colors for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners idea or as a fun color game. Whetner you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this colours for kindergarten activity.
Color Game for kids
What you need to make the color wheel:
- 2x paper plates
- Markers/crayons/paint(a variety of colors)
Preschool learning colors
Add the circles of colors around the one plate. I *tried* spacing it out without much planning. You can measure it out and let the older kids figure it out as part of a lesson too.
Learning colors for kids
Then, add the color names to the other plate. Cut the flaps as shown below and glue the two plates together so that the corresponding color is atop of the color name.
Draw a spinner shape in the middle of the plate where the spinner should be placed. Add a tiny arrow from paper, cardboard or craft foam to the spinner. Ready to play!
Learn color names
- Color scavenger hunt: Find a blue object, for example, first player back get the point!
- Touch a color: touch a certain color in the room, first player that touches correct color gets a point!
- Do you wear *color* today? Get a point for each color.
- Spell the colors name: everyone gets a point for correct spelling of color name.
These games can be played informally or by keeping scores. My eldest liked the challenge of keeping score and that was incidental Maths work for her too! My youngest was in charge of the spinner;)
Learning Colors for Toddlers
A fun and educational way to use a spinner! Would your children like this activity?
Colours for Kindergarten
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Learning Color Words Puzzles
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Fruit Loop Color Activitity for Kindergarten
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Ma
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
- See all of our color activities for kids
Plus, don’t miss our other FREE kindergarten worksheets and games including THOUSANDS kindergarten worksheets FREE, learn your letters with our Kindergarten Alphabet worksheets, print kindergarten math worksheets or play a kindergarten math game, try an easy kindergarten science experiment, make a cute kindergarten craft, plan your week with our kindergarten themes, grab one of our many kindergarten social studies worksheets, learn to read with word family activities. plus lots of kindergarten sight words activities! We have everything you need for a complete kindergarten homeschool curriculum! Visit 123homeschool4me if you are looking for even more free worksheets or Preschool Play and Learn for preschool worksheets