Learning colors is one thing, but learning to read color words is a huge big step up for young learners. This Color Word Puzzle pack is a fun way for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to learn color names. Each of the free color puzzles include a picture in the featured colour word and a letter. Simply print pdf file with color words printable and you are ready to work on learning color words.
Color word puzzle
Toddlers and preschoolers work on recognizing colors in their world and learning which colors are which. Kindergartners and grade 1 students work on learn color words and how to spell them. But spelling color words can be super challenging! These super cute color word puzzles are a fun way for children to practice building words letter by letter with a free color activity for kindergartners! Plus, this activity for learning color words is a self checking colour word puzzles which makes them a fun, educational activity perfect for teachers to use in a classroom center, homeschoolers and parents to use for summer learning or supplementing their child’s learning at home. Instead of using color word worksheets, learn color names with an engaging activity!
Color Words Printable
Learning color words
If you choose the blackline version, I suggest starting by having students color the pages to get familiar with the words while strengthening fine motor skills at the same time. You can colour them with crayons, markers, colored pencils, or your favorite art supply.
- 3 letter words: bay, jet, tan and red. (bay horse, jet sheep, tan kangaroo, and red crab)
- 4 letter words: blue, gray/grey, gold and pink (blue jeans, gray elephant, gold money coins, pink flower)
- 5 letter words: black, brown, green and white. (brown buffalo, green frog, black tire, white gull)
- 6 letter words: orange, purple, silver and yellow (orange fish, yellow bus, silver coin, purple eggplant)
Bay and jet are less common colors that were included to round out a page of three letter words.
- BAY: A bay horse has a coat that might be brown to brownish-red with a black mane and tail.
- JET: Is generally interpreted as jet black – that is, as black as possible.
Free color puzzles
Please note that in the color puzzles printable, both GRAY and GREY spelling versions are included. The GREY versions are at the end of the document so double check which pages you want before printing. WE have colour word puzzle for American English and British English too.
The pictures make these color puzzle printable fairly easy to put together so much of a child’s focus can be directed towards the sounds. Encourage children to say the sounds as they put the puzzles together, with a finger pointing at each letter, when complete.
Learning Color Names
- Learn color names with this cute craft with our Free Printable Crayon Box Template
- Color Worksheets for young learners
- Free Printable Color Word Puzzles (in color or black and white)
- Learning Colors Printables – color the crayon and trace the color name
- Free The Colors of Fall Printable book
- Pumpkin Color Words Printable
- Fall Color Name Sticker Activity Sheets
- Color Matching Turkey Do a Dot Printable
- Learning Colors Fall Games for Kids
- Free Preschool Turkey Coloring Pages
Color Sorting Printables
- Kite Matching Printable – Learning Colors for Toddlers Games
- FREE Printable Color Puzzles
- Color Soring Printable or these Farm Free Color Sorting Printable Mats
- Pompom & Craft Stick “Pencil” color matching activities for preschoolers
- Learning Colors Pom Pom Sorting Activity
- Dinosaur Color Matching Activity with free printable
- Spring Soring Activity -free printable colored eggs into baskets
- Color Matching Easter Activities for Kindergarten
- Umbrella Craft Preschool – Color matching Fruit Loops
- I know my colors Easter Worksheets pdf
- Do-a-Dot Color Word Recognition Worksheets
Learning Colors Activity
- Fidget Color Game for Kids
- Free printable color matching worksheets
- Color Scavenger Hunt printable
- Sandcastle color matching activity
- Mitten Matching Games Online
- Color Sorting Penguin Matching Game
- My Color Book Printable
- Free Mouse Paint Printables for kids to learn their colors
- Color Free Printable Mini Books pdf for Kids
- Color Matching, Free Printable Goodnight Gorilla Activities
- Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
- Super cute Color Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Chameleon Learning Colors Worksheets
- Craft Template Octopus Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Free Octopus Printables – color matching activity
- Pearl Free Color Matching Printables
- Summer Seashell Summer Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Color Matching Worksheet
- Fruit Loop rainbow printable template
- Free printable puzzles – color activities for preschool printable
- Learning Colors preschool painting worksheets
- Color Lock and Key Matching Game
- Christmas Color Games for Toddlers
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Learning Colors Ice Cream activity
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
Color Activities for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Frozen rainbow science experiment preschool
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
- See all of our color activities for kids
Rainbow Activities for Kids
- Simple, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Homemade, Edible sand for toddlers
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY – rainbow activities for 1st grade
- Colorful Jelly Bean Science Experiment
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Colorful Polymer Experiments at Home
- Pretty Oil and Water Experiment Worksheet
Color word puzzles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply