If your kids are learning their colors you’ll find these color matching wheels helpful. They work well with preschoolers, giving them fine motor practice as they manipulate the wheels to match the hearts, animals and color words. And Kindergarteners can practice reading the words by sounding out the beginning letters.
Color Activities for kids
- 37 Color Activities for Kids
- Color Wall Cards and Flashcards
- My Color Book
- Matching Colors when you only have a minute
- 40 Color Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Pom Pom Sorting Activity
- Learning Color Words for Toddler / Preschool
- FREE Fall Color Words Emergent Readers
Color Matching Wheels
- Color: All pictures and words are in color.
- Color: The pictures are in color but the words are black. This is to encourage children to look at the color words to determine what they say. Even sounding out the first letter and looking at the length of the word can give kids the clues they need to take a guess!
- Black and white: All pictures have black outlines and the words are fully black.
- Black and white: All pictures AND words have black outlines. This way, children can color the words correctly to give them a clue as to what the word says when they engage in the activity.
How to Prepare
- Decide which version you want to use.
- Print the color or black and white page onto card.
- Cut out the 3 circles, punch a hole in the center dots and attach a brad or split pin.
- If using the black and white versions, color them in!
How to Use
- Spin the 3 circles around to match up the correct animal, heart and color word.
- Once you’ve matched one color, have a go at matching more!
Download Color Matching Wheels
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.