If your kids are learning their colors you’ll love this free color printable which is a color matching activity! This color matching game for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students helps children match colors and colors words while having fun spinning the color wheel! Simply download pdf file with learning colors printable and you are ready to teach colors to kids!
Color Matching for Kids
This hands-on learning colors activity for kids is a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to learn colors: red, brown, yellow, blue, green, and purple. This color printable gives children fine motor practice as they manipulate the wheels to match the hearts, animals and color words. Plus older students can practice reading the color words by sounding out the beginning letters. This colors activity is a great way to sneak in some fun learning to your day!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands on colors for kids project! Use this as extra practice, classroom center, or supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
Color printables for preschool
- Color: All pictures and words are in color.
- Color: The pictures are in color but the words are black. This is to encourage children to look at the color words to determine what they say. Even sounding out the first letter and looking at the length of the word can give kids the clues they need to take a guess!
- Black and white: All pictures have black outlines and the words are fully black.
- Black and white: All pictures AND words have black outlines. This way, children can color the words correctly to give them a clue as to what the word says when they engage in the activity.
Color matching game for toddlers
- Decide which version of the learning colors pages you want to use.
- Print the color or black and white page onto card.
- Cut out the 3 circles, punch a hole in the center dots and attach a brad or split pin.
- If using the black and white versions, color them in!
Learning Colors Printable
- Spin the 3 circles around to match up the correct animal, heart and color word.
- Once you’ve matched one color, have a go at matching more!
Color Activities for Preschoolers
- EPIC Rainbow Activity for kids
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Rainbow Pom Pom Color Sorting
- Learn about Density with this BEAUTIFUL Rainbow in a Jar Experiment
- Rainbow Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this Rainbow Slime
- Active Painting with Cars activity for kids
- Pretty Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Color Changing flowers and food coloring flower experiment worksheet
- 40 Color Recognition Activities for Toddlers
- Colorful Oil and Water Experiment Worksheet
- Sandcastle colour matching activities
- Free Printable Color Worksheets (see above)
- Cute Crayon Box Color Craft with free printable template
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Activity for Preschoolers
- Color Words flashcards Free Printable
- Free Preschool Color Book Printable
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activity
- Learning Colors Printables – color and trace
- Color Wheel – Free Color Matching Printables
- Kindergarten Color Matching Kite Activity
- Free Printable Color Sorting Mats for kindergartners
- Pearl Color Matching for Kindergarten
- Simple, Free Printable Color Scavenger Hunt
- Learning Color Word Puzzles
- Color Craft with free Octopus Printables
- Umbrella Fruit Loop Sorting Printable
- Quick Preschool Color Book Printable
- Cute Painting Worksheets – for learning colors
- Adorable Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Goodnight Gorilla Activities working on color recognition
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
- Chameleon learning colors worksheets for pre-k and kindergarteners
- See all of our color activities for kids
Download Color Matching Wheels
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.