This is such a Simple Hot Cocoa Craft for Kids that will make the indoor winter months more fun! This easy winter craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten age students. All you need is construction paper, cotton balls, and a glue stick and you are ready to make this cute hot cocoa craft idea in December, January, and February.
Hot cocoa craft preschool
Once Christmas is over, I often wish winter was over. But there is so much more of winter left after Christmas is over. My mother-in-law declared the after-Christmas season snowman and hot cocoa season, and ever since we adopted her system, we have something to look forward to after Christmas as well!
This hot cocoa craft is simple enough for young kids, but fun enough for older kids to do as well. It will be fun to see all the different cup designs your kids come up with. This hot cocoa craft is the perfect way to spend a winter afternoon.
Hot Chocolate Craft Preschool
You need just a few things to make your hot cocoa craft:
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Cotton Balls
Draw the design of a mug onto the colored paper of your choice. We did blue and red for our mugs, but any color will work. Allow your kids to experiment with their mug designs. We ended up with one large mug and one smaller mug. Cut the mug designs out of the paper.
Hot Chocolate Craft
Glue the paper mugs onto another sheet of paper (we used white). Cut a circle of brown construction paper to make cocoa for the cup.
Glue cotton balls to the brown paper to represent marshmallows. Let the kids add as many cotton ball marshmallows as they like.
Draw a design on the mug with a glue stick. Sprinkle glitter over the design to add a glittery design to the craft. We drew a snowflake on one of our mugs and the words “hot cocoa” on the larger mug.
Hot Cocoa Craft
Keep the paper on a flat surface and wait for the glue to dry before trying to hang the art on the fridge or anywhere else. If you don’t, you run the risk of spilling glitter everywhere and contaminating the cotton ball marshmallows with glitter. You will all the ways you can personalize your hot cocoa crafts.
Hot Chocolate Printables
Looking for more hot cocoa themed printable activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Free Hot Chocolate Worksheet to practice addition and subtraction
- Chocolate Activities and Crafts for National Chocolate Day on November 11th or World Chocolate Day July 7th
- Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Wow! Homemade Hot Chocolate GOOP
- Hot Chocolate Winter Multiplication Worksheets
- Cute Hot Cocoa Craft for Kids
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Sequencing Pictures Activity
- Winter Hot Cocoa Beginning Sounds Game
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers