Kids love using these Math Cootie Catchers as a fun way to practice adding, subtracting, number sense, doubling, number recognition, and more. These math games printables allow preschool, pre-k, kindergarten and first graders to get excited about math while having fun. Simply print math cootie catchers pdf and you are ready to play and learn!
Math Cootie Catcher
Some kids are very reluctant learners when it comes to learning or practicing math. For these children, sometimes you need a little something extra to get them to be willing participants. These super cute math cootie catcher activity is fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Start by printing the math cootie catchers pdf and pick the type of math you need to work on. The printable math game includes subtraction, addition, numbers, doubling, and more! Then following the simple step-by-step directions in the set to fold your math game.
Math Cootie Catchers pdf
Printable math game
- Math Cootie Catcher template (below)
- paper for printing
- the instructions are included in the printable so you’ll know exactly how to fold them correctly!
Math Games Printables
Wondering how to play this kindergarten math game?
- One child holds the Cootie Catcher ready to use.
- Another child chooses one of the outside flaps and answers the problem on that flap, saying the number out loud.
- The 1st child counts out that number while moving the Catcher side to side.
- The 2nd child chooses an inner section from the ones they can see, solves the problem and says the number.
- The 1st child counts and moves the Catcher again.
- The 2nd child chooses another inner segment.
- The 1st child opens the flap under that number, and the 2nd child solves the problem and says the answer.
Number Sense Game
These Cootie Catchers use a combination of written numbers, tally marks, ten frames, groups of dots and shapes, and fingers.
Number recognition: For our youngest learners there are 2 Cootie Catchers just for number recognition. One for numbers 1-5 and the other for numbers 6-10. Children simply need to say the number they see out loud, then the child holding the Cootie Catcher can count out that number while manipulating the Cootie Catcher.
Addition: For this Cootie Catcher, children need to solve the problem presented to them while they play. The outer flaps are numerals. The next layer of flaps contain tally marks and fingers. The inside flaps contain heart ten frames and dots. If your child is not familiar with tally marks or ten frames you’ll need to teach them about those first.
Subtraction: This Cootie Catcher uses the same types of number formats as the Addition.
Doubling: For this Cootie Catcher children need to double each number they see. The outer flaps are numerals. The middle flaps are tally marks and ten frames and the inside problems are groups of shapes.
Looking for more fun counting activities for kids? You will love these free printable number activities for kids :
- Bingo Marker Number Worksheets
- Blueberry Muffin Math
- FREE Printable Lego Numbers Duplo Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Mats that use playdough to practice counting
- Number Practice 1-20
- Fruit Loops Ten Frame Math Cards
- Number Trains (practice counting 1-20 or to 100)
- Number Mazes – fun Number Activity for Preschoolers learning numbers 1-5
- Goldfish Counting Activity
- Snowman Counting Book
- Farm Number Worksheets using Bingo Markers
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Pirate Addition Color by Number Math Worksheets
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Free Printable Pumpkin Sum Game
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Free Printable Maths Games
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.