Turn practicing addition into a fun activity as children get to become detectives with these free printable Addition Crack the Code Worksheets. This huge pack of 25+ pages is perfect for kindergarten and first grade students working on addition within 20.
Crack the Code Worksheets
Kids need lots of practicing adding numbers within 10 and within 20 so they have a firm foundation for all future math. Math worksheets are a great way to achieve that fluency, however kids can easily become bored with free math worksheets. So we came up with these clever, engaging crack the code worksheets printable to make practicing addition fun for kindergartners and 1st graders.
You will love that the answer key is included so you can quickly check your child’s answers!
Crack the Code Math
Print the pages and set out with a pencil, crayon, markers, or colored pencil and you are ready to practice addition.
HINT: The pages are in black and white to save you on printer ink costs!
Printable Addition Worksheets
This is a HUGE pack of addition crack the code! There are over 25 pages of math crack the code for kinder and grade 1 to solve. So done your sleuth hat, grab you magnifying glass, and get ready to solve the clues as you become a math detective!
Students will look at the code – 2 animals from the same habitat. Next, they will look at the top of the math worksheet to see what number the animal represents and write that on the line below the code. Finally, students will solve the code by solving the addition problem they made.
- For example: a black tarantula is 1 plus a green turtle that is 3 equals 4.
- Another example: the fox colored red has the value of 4 and we add that to the gila monster colored yellow that is 2 to get the sum of 6.
Math Worksheets for Kindergartners
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love how excited your student is to practice math with these cool crack the code math worksheets! Use them for summer learning, homework, extra practice, seat work, math centers in your classroom, and more!
Kids will love this solve by code math practice! Don’t’ forget to have students color in the pictures along the way. It not only adds to the fun, but is great for strengthening hand muscles they will need for future writing!
For each group of animals, there is an addition page, subtraction page, two addition and subtraction worksheets, and an answer key. Each page has 9 math equations for kids to solve!
Animal Habitat Worksheets
We love activities that combine multiple skills, so the images students will see are of animals from different animal habitats. There are 5 pages for each of the five habitats. You will encounter
- Desert animals such as tarantula, gila monster, armadillo, turtle, camel, fennec fox, eagle, meerkat, scorpion, and a rattle snake.
- Wetland animals such as alligator, dragonfly, trout, beaver, bullfrog, duck, marsh fly, muskrat, otter, and pond snail.
- Rainforest animals such as blue morpho butterfly, cara ibis, monkey, tree frog, anteater, tree cutter ant, parrot, piranha, tarsier little monkey, and a jaguar.
- Polar animal such as puffin, polar bear, beluga whale, seal, walrus, ox, snowy owl, arctic hare, dall sheep, and a moose.
- Ocean animals such as puffer fish, clown fish, octopus, starfish, shark, clam, sea horse, jellyfish, hermit crab, and a dolphin.
Looking for more fun, hands on, and free habitat activities for kids? Try these:
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Silly Animal Puzzles & Animal Habitats Activity for Kids
- Animal Cookie Habitats Activity
- Printable Habitat Science Game
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Woodland Themed Worksheets
If you are looking for more free kindergarten worksheets don’t’ miss these resources:
- Printable Handwriting Paper
- Compound Word Puzzles
- Beginning Sounds Do a Dot Printables
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Strawberry Rhyming Activity
- Crazy Roads Sight Words Game
- Count to 100 Games
- Parts of a Plant Worksheets
- Skip Counting Constellations Worksheets
Learn more about crabs and other mollusks in our All About Crustaceans, Mollusks & Cephalopods Lesson!
FREE Printable Addition Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!