Can you believe the Christmas season is upon us? Lights are up everywhere, we are busy with all the fun of the season, and the children are a little distracted. Yep, they are dreaming of what Christmas day will bring and caught up in the festive air all around us. But let’s face it, we still need to get some work done. So grab this super cute, Christmas Math activity for a no-prep three digit addition game with a festive flare. This Christmas Printables makes it fun for 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to practice Christmas addition with a fun, engaging Christmas Math game to celebrate the holiday season in December.
Make Christmas learning fun with this engaging and effective Christmas Math activity to work on adding three digit numbers. This free printable Christmas Math Game is perfect for grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to keep them working on fluency throughout the weeks leading up to December 25th. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using this math game for December as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Three Digit Addition Game
This Christmas math games is such a fun, low-prep addition game gets children practicing adding three- digit numbers by three-digit numbers.
Like I said this game is extremely low-prep, which is perfect for this busy time of year. All you have to do is….
- Print off the game boards and laminate if you want extra durability.
- Next, gather up a calculator, a die, and game markers.
And that is it. The game is ready to play.
Christmas Math Game
As easy as the game is to set up. It is that easy to play.
- Player one begins by rolling the die and moving that many spaces.
- When they land on a space, they must solve the problem. Once player one has an answer, player two checks the answer with a calculator.
- If player one got the right answer, they get to remain where they are. If the answer is wrong, they move back two spaces.
- Now it is player two’s turn and the same steps are followed. Player two solves the problem while player one checks it.
- The game continues in this fashion until one player reaches the space labeled finish!
Christmas Addition Practice
If you notice a child struggling with solving the addition facts, it may help to have them use base ten blocks.
Let’s say a child is solving 234 + 123. The child would begin by taking out 3 cubes and then 4 cubes.
Next, they would take out 3 longs and 2 longs.
Finally, they would take out two flats and one flat.
The Total is 3 flats, 5 longs, and 7 cubes. Therefore the answer is 357.
The last page is a little more difficult, as children will see numbers with different amounts of digits. For example, they may be asked to solve 34 + 559.
Once again we begin in with the ones place value. We get out four cubes and nine cubes. But this equals 13, more than 10, so we take out ten cubes and replace it with a long. Now I have three cubes and one long. Now we move unto our tens. We will get out three longs and five longs. Finally, we move to our hundreds, we only have five hundred so we grab five flats.
I now have 5 flats, 9 longs, and 3 cubes. My answer is 593. I hope your children enjoy playing this simple game three-digit addition game.
And if you’re looking for other Christmas themed math practice, check out the FREE “12 Days of Christmas Math” which includes math activities and games for Kindergarten through Algebra!
- Roll and Cover Christmas Math for Preschoolers
- Christmas Connect the Dots (counting to 10 or 15)
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Pack of Christmas Dot to Dot Worksheets (counting 1-50)
- Free Christmas Fact Families with addition and subtraction practice
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring Worksheets (counting to 100)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Printables Count to 10 Booklet
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Christmas Counting Cookies Clip Cards
- Cut and Paste Christmas Math Worskheets reviewing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Solve & Stamp: Christmas Math Worksheets (addition/subtraction)
- Fun Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Counting Christmas Cookies Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Color by Number – color by addition and subtraction
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than Worksheets
- Decorate a Christmas tree with math – Christmas Word Problems
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Decorate the Math Christmas Tree by solving equations adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- 20 Amazing Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Number Tracing Printables
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Word Family Christmas Printables
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 200+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
Download Stocking Three Digit Addition Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.