I am always looking for fun spelling games to help my kids practice school spelling words. I came up with this free printable to make spelling practice fun! This activity is great for K-4th graders.
UPDATE! If you got here looking for the Tic-Tac-Toe Version the Connect 4 is an updated version.
When I released the original activity I was contacted by another blogger who had apparently created a very similar product which I had never seen. (I guess there really isn’t much new under the sun, huh) To avoid anything getting nasty proving my content was original and created over a year ago, I decided to take the high road. I updated the look, name, and many activities in the creation.
I actually like this new one better because there are 4 spelling activities to do a week – perfect for one a day plus a spelling test at the end of the week. To avoid this issue going forward, this new item has been submitted to the US Copyright office.
FREE Connect 4 Spelling Practice
I came up with these Spelling Worksheets to make practicing spelling words fun for my homeschool kid. Believe it or not, now my kids are begging to do their spelling words!
Have your child write their 10 spelling words on one of the 10 favorite character sheets. Then have them complete activities on the grid to complete 4 in a row. When my kids finish I always had a little reward for them – lollipop, gift from treasure box, out for McDonalds ice cream cone, later bedtime, play at the park, craft project, etc.
8+ Weeks of Spelling Activities
There are 2 different editions (A and B) to choose from with 16 activities each. So, if your child does 4 activities a week (with a spelling test on Friday) they will have 8 weeks of spelling activities without repeating any! There are 10 different character collections to choose from to help make it extra fun!
- Cars Punctuation File Folder Game
- Smore Sentences Game
- 1st Grade Reading List
- Frog & Toad are friends Study Guide & Lapbook
- Spelling Word Searches
- Read! Trace! Stamp! – Most Commonly Used Words
- Parts of Speech BINGO
- Creative Writing Prompts
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Book Report (K-3rd)
- Reading the Easy Way – Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st Grade
Download Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Copyright purchased and used with permission from: Karolis Digital, BabyStar Design at MyGrafico: REVIDEVI at MyGrafico
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!