I am always looking for fun spelling games to help my kids practice school spelling words. I came up with this free printable spelling practice worksheets that have a fun connect 4 theme to make practicing spelling words engaging! There are lots of different themes in these spelling worksheets to appeal to kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students including monsters ink, toy story friends, lightening mcqueen, princesses, little mermaid, and so many more. Simply download pdf file with spelling printables and you are ready to write and practice your weekly spelling words. There are 16 clever ideas for practicing spelling words on each sheet!
Spelling Practice Worksheets
I don’t know about your kids, but mine usually dislike practicing their spelling words. But without daily practice they will not get the fluency and accuracy they need to spell correctly. These spelling practice worksheets make practicing spelling fun and methodical instead of trying to figure out what to do to practice very day. Help your child practice ANY SPELLING WORDS with this super cute and fun spelling practice sheets. Because we all know that practice makes practice with those weekly spelling words. We adults know that spell check will only get you so far…. so let’s help our kids learn to be great spellers while having fun!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or tutor – you will love these free printable Spelling Worksheets to make practicing spelling words fun! They work with any spelling list and include so many different ideas for hands on spelling practice.
Connect 4 Printable
4 spelling activities to do a week. Although students can do multiple activites, to achieve 4 in a row they will need to do one spelling activity a day plus a spelling test at the end of the week. You can grab one of our free spelling tests here.
Plus don’t miss all our Disney Printables!
Print the spelling practice sheets for your child will like on plain printer paper. There is a spalsh of color on each page to make them especially engaging to kids, but you can go into printer settings and print in black and white if you prefer. We have the following clipart choices:
- Sulley & Mike from Monsters Inc
- Merida from Brave
- Ariel from the Little Mermaid
- Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater from Cars
- Darth Vadar and Luke from Star Wars
- Disney Princesses’ Cinderella and Belle
- Super Heroes Batman and Spider Man
- Mr Potato Head and Aliens from Toy Story
- Minions from Despicable Me
Have your child write their spelling words on one of the printable spelling games. Then have them complete activities throughout the week to complete 4 in a row. Each sheet has different activities for at total of 32 clever spelling activites for kids! When my kids finish I always had a little reward for them – lollipop, gift from treasure box, out for McDonalds ice cream cone, later bedtime, play at the park, craft project, etc.
Connect 4 worksheet
If your child struggles with spelling as one of mine does. You may want to have them comlete two different connect 4 on their page. This gives them twice the practice – which some kids need to master their speling words.
Looking for more fun, clever spelling games and free spelling worksheets? You will love these resources:
- Short and Long Vowel Worskheets for hands-on Spelling Practice
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets
- Fun, Secret Code Spelling Worskheet
- Consonant Cluster Spelling Practice
- Hands-on Spelling Practice with Mini Cups
- 25 spelling activities for kids
- Spelling with Legos activity for kids
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Sensory spelling activities
- 1st Grade Word Search– free printable with grade 1 spelling words
- Money Spelling Activity
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Dart Gun spelling activity
- Jump and Spell – an outrageously FUN spelling activity
- Floss Rule Worksheet
- Spelling Long A Words Activity
- Lego Spelling Test for Kids Printables
- Free Spelling Dictionary
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Cars Punctuation Games
- Cut and Paste Sentences Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets – work with any list!
- Free Writing Prompts – LOTS for elementary age students with rules lines, creative prompt calendars, and more!
- Detective Themed Dictionary Skills Worksheets
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Games
- Contraction Bingo Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Contraction Dominoes
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activities
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Free Spelling Dictionary
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
- Parts of Speech BINGO – practice with noun, verb, adverb, adjectives, and more!
- Free Reading Log Printables – including Cars, Frozen, summer, and so many more!
- S’more Complete Sentences Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Games Printable
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Free Book Report Template
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Free Printable Spelling Games
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is not a licensed Disney product. I am not affiliated with or sponsored by Disney Enterprises.
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Copyright purchased and used with permission from: Karolis Digital, BabyStar Design at MyGrafico: REVIDEVI at MyGrafico
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!