Practice identifying nouns and verbs with this fun noun and verb games printable based on one of our favorite books – The Marshmallow Incident. Children in first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders will have fun practicing grammar with this noun and verb sort game. The noun and verb games is easy to assemble and reusable for lots of fun practice!
Noun and Verb Games Printable
Your lower elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 will have fun practicing sorting nouns and verbs with this silly and fun grammar game for kids! Using this noun and verb games printable, children will help the knights sort marshmallows into noun home or verb homes to the right or left of the town. I created this activity to help my 1st grader practice distinguishing between nouns and verbs. This activity is appropriate for some Kindergarten, all 1st graders, and as a fun review for 2nd graders. This hands-on language arts game is a fun book based activity from one of my kids favorite books is The Marshmallow Incident by Judi Barrett. It is such a fun story – plus it includes knights & marshmallows – what’s not to like?!
Noun and Verb Sort Game
Noun and verb games
I love having file folder games to pull out as a fun reinforcement, enrichment, while I’m working with other kids, or during car trips! For this file folder game just print & laminate if desired to make it extra durable.
Attache the noun town to the left side of the ope file file folder and the verb town to the right of the file folder. Try to make the towns meet as closely as possible to keep the line knights want to defend in the middle.
Noun and verb activities
Cut out the marshmallows in squares or more closely if you lik and it’s time to start practicing identifying nouns and verbs for kids!
Noun verb game
In the book the knights defended the town from people crossing who were right-handed to the left-handed town and visa-versa. Then it got really silly and marshmallows were thrown back and forth all over the houses and the townspeople once again talked and mingled with oneanother.
In our version children will become the knights and throw the marshmallows with noun words and verb words onto a house in the correct town representing the part of speach on the fluffy, goey treat!
Parts of Speech Game
Each house will get a marshmallow on it. This is such a fun grammar activities for kids!
You can code the back of the marshmallows to make this grammar activity self-checking to use in a litearcy center.
File folder game
I love the ease-of-use and storage of file folder games! Just store in a filing cabinet and pull out the the game that goes best with the subject or topic you are working on. Then easily put all the pieces inside and store with the correct subject until needed again!
TIP: I color code my file folders so that I know all the blue file folders are 1st grade level. All the green file folders are Kindergarten level. You get the idea.
Grammar Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Minion Contractions Game
- Fun Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Synonym Puzzle Printable Synonyms Activity for Kids
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Valentines Day Printable Parts of Speech Mail Sorting
- Printable Homograph Games using Printable Homograph Puzzles Activity
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Common and Proper Noun Sort Printable
- Apple Cut and Paste Nouns and verbs worksheets
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Sentences Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Dictionary Detective Printable Worksheets
- Free spelling dictionary for elementary age students
- Ice Cream Word Endings Sorting Activity
- Pizza Sentence Building Games
- Connect 4 spelling practice worksheets (works with any spelling word list)
- Free Book Report Template – works with any book, for elementary age students
Educational Activities for Kids
- Printable Free Animal Report Template
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Life-Size Human Body Project with free printables!
- 100 Amazing Food Experiments for Kids
Marshmallow Incident Parts of Speech Game
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!