Are you looking for a fun way to practice identifying verbs? Superhero verbs is hands-on, educational way for first grade and 2nd graders to practice finding the verbs. Simply grab the free super hero printable and you are ready to play and learn! This superhero activity is a great way to engage kids while learning parts of speach with a verb activity.
This verbs printable craft is super fun for introducing action verbs to kids. It also includes a set of nouns that the students will need to sort through. When it comes to teaching young children about language and grammar, one of the most important concepts to teach is the use of action verbs. These verbs are some of the most used verbs in the English language.
- A4 paper
- Laminator (optional)
Action verbs are words that describe an action or activity, such as “run,” “jump,” or “dance.” They are essential to building strong sentences and creating engaging sentences and stories. In this post, we’ll explore how to create an action verbs printable craft in a super fun way!
Print as many crafts as you need for the number of students in your class – There are two pages in this printable craft, the superhero template and the action verbs template. You will need one of each for each student.
They can then start to build their craft once they have the materials, scissors , glue and some coloring crayons.
Use these mats to help kids learn all about action verbs. Start by discussing what action verbs are with the students. Write some of them on the board to help kids understand the difference between action verbs and nouns. My ESL kids love doing this activity and I find that the second time around, they are able to do this more easily as they remember what action verbs are.
The kids will first cut out the superhero template and then the title to add underneath. They will then sort the words into action verbs and nouns. They can then cut and paste the action verbs onto the superhero’s cape.
This printable can also be made in a group. Print it on a large A3 poster paper and then create their large superhero that way.
Parts of Speech Activities
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Fun Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Free Parts of Speech Worksheets with Answers pdf
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Pirate Parts of Speech Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Parts of Speech Snowman Worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.