If you are looking for a fun parts of speech game to help your kids practice identifying nouns, verbs, pronouns, adverbs, and adjectives you’ll love this free printable Parts of Speech BINGO. This English grammar activity is perfect for 2nd graders, 3rd graders, 4th graders, 5th graders, and 6th graders too.
Parts of Speech Bingo
Learning the parts of speech is important because they show us how the words relate to each other. For example, words such as “run,” “Ali” and “book” … you see, the role of the word in a sentence (which part of speech it is) actually helps to understand the sentence. Teaching parts of speech typically takes place with grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. It is reviewed with older students and used as they learn to label and diagram sentences. Parts of Speech Bingo is a free grammar game that makes practice quickly identifying parts of speech in english fun! Students will have fun practice identifying the eight parts of speech including nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, and adverbs while having fun with this educational game.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this activity is LOW PREP and mostly in black and white to save you on printer ink costs. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
Parts of Speech Bingo Game
Parts of speech free printable
To use this LOW PREP grammar game for kids, print all the pieces of the parts of speech free printable game including:
- 10 Game Boards
- Parts of Speech Calling Cards (and cut them apart)
I suggest printing on cardstock for durability, or laminating, and printing in color. There is just a splash of color to save on printing costs while still making it fun. But, if you prefer you can change your printer setting to black and white.
The part of speech bingo is intended for up to 11 players (including a caller).
The format is simple, after you’ve downloaded and printed the parts of speech games pdf, you are ready to play! Give each child a BINGO card and pieces to mark parts of speech called – such as coins, erasers, lego pieces, small manipulatives, dry erase markers if you laminated the pages, or bingo markers (if it is not reusable). This parts of speech printable games is great for review or fun reinforcement.
Parts of Speech for Kids
The caller will pull one of the cards from a hat then each of the students will put a marker on the correct part of speech. The caller will then state the part of speech and if the students got it wrong they must pull of the marker. Continue playing until someone has BINGO (5-in-a-row).
Their are 8 parts of speech, we’ve included the most common 5 in the game:
- NOUN – person, place, thing, or idea (ex: ball, desk, boy, Colorado)
- PRONOUN – word that replaces a noun in a sentence (ex: he, she, it)
- VERB – describes or indicates an action (ex: run, jump, stand, read)
- ADJECTIVE – describes a noun such as what something looks like and what it feels like to touch, taste, or smell (ex: red, soft, big, old)
- ADVERB – describes an action (verb) with more descriptive words (ex: quickly, carefully)
- PREPOSITION – word that shows the relation between a noun or pronoun to other words in a sentence (ex: in, under, behind, by) – not included
- CONJUNCTION – a word used to connect clauses or sentences or to coordinate words in the same clause (ex: and, but, if) – not included
- INTERJECTION – demonstrates the emotion or feeling of the author; usually at the beginning of the sentence (ex: Oh! Wow! Ouch!) – not included
Grammar Activities for Kids
- 22 Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Solve It: Parts of Speech Game
- Marshmallow Incident Noun Verb Activity
- Water Gun Parts of Speech
- Scarecrow Pronoun Game
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Free Taboo Grammar Game
- Going on a Noun Hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Practice
- Parts of Speech Valentine Mail Sorting
- Common and Proper Noun Sorting
Free Educational Printables
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice (works with any spelling word list)
- Book Report Form
- Mad Minute! 2nd Grade Math Worksheets
- Scramble – Books of the Bible Game
- 4 Week Colonial America for Kids Unit
- Frozen Worksheets – practice math, literacy and more for ages 3-7
- Habitat Adventures Science Game (K-6th Grade)
- 100 Amazing Food Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Parts of Speech Books for Kids
These super fun-to-read and clever picture books help kids learn parts of speech
Parts of Speech Bingo PDF
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!