If you are looking for a fun parts of speech game to help your kids practice identifying nouns, verbs, pronouns, adverbs, and adjectives you’ll love this free printable Parts of Speech BINGO. This English grammar activity is perfect for 2nd graders, 3rd graders, 4th graders, 5th graders, and 6th graders too.
Parts of Speech Bingo
Learning the parts of speech is important because they show us how the words relate to each other. For example, words such as “run,” “Ali” and “book” … you see, the role of the word in a sentence (which part of speech it is) actually helps to understand the sentence. Teaching parts of speech typically takes place with grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. It is reviewed with older students and used as they learn to label and diagram sentences. Parts of Speech Bingo is a free grammar game that makes practice quickly identifying parts of speech in english fun! Students will have fun practice identifying the eight parts of speech including nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, and adverbs while having fun with this educational game.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this activity is LOW PREP and mostly in black and white to save you on printer ink costs. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
Parts of Speech Bingo Game
Parts of speech free printable
To use this LOW PREP grammar game for kids, print all the pieces of the parts of speech free printable game including:
- 10 Game Boards
- Parts of Speech Calling Cards (and cut them apart)
I suggest printing on cardstock for durability, or laminating, and printing in color. There is just a splash of color to save on printing costs while still making it fun. But, if you prefer you can change your printer setting to black and white.
The part of speech bingo is intended for up to 11 players (including a caller).
The format is simple, after you’ve downloaded and printed the parts of speech games pdf, you are ready to play! Give each child a BINGO card and pieces to mark parts of speech called – such as coins, erasers, lego pieces, small manipulatives, dry erase markers if you laminated the pages, or bingo markers (if it is not reusable). This parts of speech printable games is great for review or fun reinforcement.
Parts of Speech for Kids
The caller will pull one of the cards from a hat then each of the students will put a marker on the correct part of speech. The caller will then state the part of speech and if the students got it wrong they must pull of the marker. Continue playing until someone has BINGO (5-in-a-row).
Their are 8 parts of speech, we’ve included the most common 5 in the game:
- NOUN – person, place, thing, or idea (ex: ball, desk, boy, Colorado)
- PRONOUN – word that replaces a noun in a sentence (ex: he, she, it)
- VERB – describes or indicates an action (ex: run, jump, stand, read)
- ADJECTIVE – describes a noun such as what something looks like and what it feels like to touch, taste, or smell (ex: red, soft, big, old)
- ADVERB – describes an action (verb) with more descriptive words (ex: quickly, carefully)
- PREPOSITION – word that shows the relation between a noun or pronoun to other words in a sentence (ex: in, under, behind, by) – not included
- CONJUNCTION – a word used to connect clauses or sentences or to coordinate words in the same clause (ex: and, but, if) – not included
- INTERJECTION – demonstrates the emotion or feeling of the author; usually at the beginning of the sentence (ex: Oh! Wow! Ouch!) – not included
Grammar Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Minion Contractions Game
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Synonym Puzzle Printable Synonyms Activity for Kids
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Valentines Day Printable Parts of Speech Mail Sorting
- Printable Homograph Games using Printable Homograph Puzzles Activity
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Common and Proper Noun Sort Printable
- Apple Cut and Paste Nouns and verbs worksheets
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
Free Educational Printables
- Connect 4 spelling practice worksheets (works with any spelling word list)
- Free Book Report Template – works with any book, for elementary age students
- Printable Free Animal Report Template
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Life-Size Human Body Project with free printables!
- 100 Amazing Food Experiments for Kids
Parts of Speech Books for Kids
These super fun-to-read and clever picture books help kids learn parts of speech
Parts of Speech Bingo PDF
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!