This super cute punctuation game helps kids to practice adding the correct punctuation to the end of sentences. This punctuation activity is geared at grade 1 students, but can be easily adapted to Kindergartners or grade 2 students as well. In this grammar game students will work their way around the dinosaur bones gameboard by figuring out if a sentence is declarative and needs a period mark or an interogative and needs a question mark. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this fun language arts activity is a great way to make practicing FUN for kids.
First grade punctuation
Print out cards on cardstock with optional front. Now you are ready to play this fun punctuation games.
- During your turn draw 1 card. Cards are simple sentences with vocabulary at 1st grade level.
- Move your game piece marker to the next punctuation that matches the card you read.
- Now it is the next player’s turn.
- Continue drawing on your turn until you end up at the Finish.
HINT: For younger students, like kindergartners, you can read the card to them.
This punctuation exercises with answers is great practice for early readers as well as practice using correct punctuation in a fun way! Kids learn better when they are having fun! I store this is a file folder.
Dinosaur Activities for 2nd Grade
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Addition within 10 Dinosaur Math
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activity
- Cute Hand Dinosaur Craft for Toddlers
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade and elementary age students
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets or these colorful Dinosaur Math Worksheets
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Hands-on Dinosaur Fossil Activities for Kids with free printables
- Printable Dinosaur Templates for craft projects
- Paleontologist Worksheet Pack
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables Fun
- TONS of Dinosaur Activities for kids of all ages
- Even more ideas to add to your dinosaur theme or dinosaur theme preschool
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activities
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Cars Punctuation Games
- Cut and Paste Sentences Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets – work with any list!
- Free Writing Prompts – LOTS for elementary age students with rules lines, creative prompt calendars, and more!
- Detective Themed Dictionary Skills Worksheets
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Games
- Contraction Bingo Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Synonym Puzzles for Kids
- Printable Homograph Games
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Contraction Dominoes
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activities
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Free Spelling Dictionary
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
- Parts of Speech BINGO – practice with noun, verb, adverb, adjectives, and more!
- Free Reading Log Printables – including Cars, Frozen, summer, and so many more!
- S’more Complete Sentences Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Games Printable
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Free Book Report Template
FREE Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!