This super cute punctuation game helps kids to practice adding the correct punctuation to the end of sentences. This punctuation activity is geared at grade 1 students, but can be easily adapted to Kindergartners or grade 2 students as well. In this grammar game students will work their way around the dinosaur bones gameboard by figuring out if a sentence is declarative and needs a period mark or an interogative and needs a question mark. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this fun language arts activity is a great way to make practicing FUN for kids.
First grade punctuation
Print out cards on cardstock with optional front. Now you are ready to play this fun punctuation games. During your turn draw 1 card. Cards are simple sentences with vocabulary at 1st grade level. Move a marker to the next punctuation that matches the card you read. Now it is the next player’s turn. Continue drawing on your turn until you end up at the Finish. For Kindergartners you can read the card to them.
This punctuation exercises with answers is great practice for early readers as well as practice using correct punctuation in a fun way! Kids learn better when they are having fun! I store this is a file folder.
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Dinosaur Ten Frame Addition
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Fun
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets
Looking for more fun gramar printables to make learning language arts fun? Try these free printable ideas, games, and worksheets!
- Solve It! Parts of Speech Game
- Minion Contractions Game
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Contractions Memory Game
- Noun / Verb Apple Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun – Verb Sort
- Going in a Noun Hunt
- Spider Web Noun Sort Printable
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Paint Gun Parts of Speech
- Parts of Speech BINGO
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Synonym Puzzles for Kids
- Printable Homograph Games
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
Download FREE Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!