If your kids are like mine, anything with dinosaurs is a major hit. These dinosaur addition cards are a fabulous way to work on adding basic math facts up to the number 20. This activity is great for pre-k, kindergarten, and first-grade kids.
Dinosaur Addition with Ten Frame
Since math is a concrete subject and not abstract, it should be taught in a hands-on manner with lots of manipulatives. Using manipulatives allows us to have a better understanding of what numbers mean so we are better prepared for abstract math concepts like number equations. The hands-on tools are also incredibly beneficial for our tactile learners.
This Dinosaur Addition Activity is an engaging way to combine hands-on math with abstract equations.
- Download the FREE Dinosaur Addition Cards below
- Laminate and cut the Dinosaur Addition Cards
- Using dry erase marker, write numbers in the circles to create an addition problem, for example, 5+4 =
- Using the dinosaur pieces to fill in the tens frame to solve the equation
- Count how many dinosaurs are on the tens frames and write the solution in the equation
- Make sure the solution to your equation does not exceed 20 as there are only 20 spots on the tens frame
- I have also included an additional card that only goes up to 10 so you can differentiate based on your child’s needs
- If your kids are like mine and they like to peel off laminate, you may want to cut, then laminate, then cut again
Looking for more dinosaur activities? Check these out.
- Dinosaur Science Play
- D is for Dinosaurs
- Build A Dinosaur
- Free Dinosaur Number Puzzles
- Fun Dinosaur Letter Excavating
- Printable Dinosaur Math Worksheets
Download Dinosaur Addition with Ten Frame
Before you download your sight word printable you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.