Are you looking for a cute dinosaur craft for kids? This super cute hand dinosaur craft is perfect for all ages, but especially as a dinosaur craft for toddlers. This dinosaur art for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners is such fun, simple handprint craft perfect for your dino loving child. This dinosaur painting for toddlers is super easy, a great addition to a dinosaur unit or a letter of the week D craft.
Dinosaur Craft for Toddlers
Do your kids like finger painting? This dinsoaur craft for toddlers was very similar to finger painting, with a different twist. This is also an easy way for younger kids to make something that they may not otherwise be able to make. Whether you are looking for a cute dinosaur craft for preschool, toddler, pre-k, or kindergarten – this dino craft is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages! Plus we love that handart projects are such precious keepsakes!
Dinosaur Art for Toddlers
This super cute dino art project is quick and easy to make with materials you probably already have on hand at home1
- Green Paint
- Paint Brush
- Marker or Glitter Pen
Dinosaur Painting for Toddlers
Grab the green paint and paint brush, and your child’s hand. Paint your child’s palm in it’s entirety. I layered it on thick. The more paint on it, the better it will adhere to the paper.
Get your piece of paper ready, we used white. Place it on the table and hold it steady with one of your hands. Press your child’s hand down on the paper, where you would like the dinosaur to be. The hand is the body and legs of the dinosaur. After you press your child’s hand on the paper, you can turn the paper around so the fingers are pointing down.
Next, have your child paint a head and neck. This can be any type of dinosaur that you want.
Hand dinosaur craft
We then used a glitter pen to add an eye and a smile. You could let the paint dry and use a marker. We then wrote D is for Dinosaur on the top. An alternate idea is to draw a jungle scene or something similar as the environment around the dinosaur.
As you can see, kids of all ages will enjoy this activity. It is simple to make this activity appropriate for any age!
Dinosaur Activities for 2nd Grade
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Dinosaur Dinosaur Math
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activity
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Cute Hand Dinosaur Craft for Toddlers
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade and elementary age students
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables Fun
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets or these colorful Dinosaur Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Dinosaur Fossil Activities for Kids with free printables
- Printable Dinosaur Templates for craft projects
- Paleontologist Worksheet Pack
- TONS of Dinosaur Activities for kids of all ages
- Even more ideas to add to your dinosaur theme or dinosaur theme preschool
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activities
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts