Are you teaching your children about famous artists for kids? Helping kids learn to appreciate art and different techniques is such a great activity. Whether you are studying monet, van gogh, picasso, mondrian, or one of the other many popular artists – these artist report pages are a great way for kids to remember what they learn. Use these famous artists worksheets with kindergarten, first graders, 2nd graders, 3rd graders, 4th grader, 5th graders, 6th graders, 7th graders, and 8th graders. Simply print pdf file with artist report template and you are ready to create and learn!
Our family has loved studying various famous artists over the last couple years. I want my kids to be well rounded cultured kids when they leave our nest! Plus I think that art can be such a wonderful way for kids to express themselves. I love the message that studying so many different styles of art gives to kids – it’s okay to be an individual, unique, just the way God made you! These artist report are a great way for kids to remember more of what we learn because they will not only hear and see the information, but write it too! These artist report template are handy for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, grade 7, and grade 8 students. Whether you are a parent, coop teacher, homeschooler, or attend Classical Conversation – you will love these handy famous artists worksheets to enhance your learning!
Artist report template
Famous Artists for Kids
For our famous artists studies we:
- Read about the artist using Getting to Know World’s Famous Artists by Mike Venezia. I’ve pictured it below along with some other good series we use
- Make some art in the style of the artists you are studying
- Fill oug the artist report form at the bottom of this post and keep in a binder
- Fieldtrip! When possible, I love to take the kids to see one of the artist’s actually works of art at a local art museum.
Famous artists worksheets
I created these worksheets for kids for my kids to record what they learn about each artist . The kids put each page in a 3 ring binder so they can look back and remember not only about the artists, but all the fun we’ve had homeschooling together.
artist study template
The front page [as you can see in the sample above] includes information about the artist. You can attach a postcard or print of one of the artists famous paintings.
Page 2 (Back Side)
The back side is more about your child’s impression of the artists and style. There is space for a picture of your child and their copycat masterpiece as well.
Artist for kids
There are three different line styles to accommodate a wide range of kids from Kindergarten – 8th grade. I love practicing writing with a purpose!
Art history for kids
Ready to learn about more famous artists with children? Check out these projects:
- Monet for kids project exploring impressionist artwork making a lovely water lily with tissue paper
- Or whip up this paint for a unique Claude Monet for Kids activity
- Seurat Melted Crayon Art Project – Pointillism for Kids
- Another fun way to explore Pointillism art for kids is with this simple q-tip and paint project
- Discover the paper cut technique with this Matisse for Kids project
- Make your own Van Gogh for Kids stary night project with playdough with this fun project
- 25 Fun Art Projects Based on Famous Artists
- Picasso for Kids art that explores his unique modern art style creating a one-of-a-kind portrait
- Or try this felt project to learn about Pablo Picasso for kids
- Jackson pollock for kids explores the fun, zany modern drip art technique in an outrageously fun art project for kids
- Easy Pointillism Project creating 4 Seasons Handart Project
- Learn about Medieval Art with this Giotto for Kids project
- This stunning project allows kids to explore famous artist Matisse for Kids
- Try your hand at Impressionism for Kids with this lovely bleeding tissue paper idea
- Explore the colorful boxes in this Paul Klee for Kids art project
- Make a lovely fall art project as you explore Kadinsky for Kids
- Explore Aztec Art for kids with this fun clay project
- Plus don’t miss our FREE Printable artist report to help kids remember what they’ve learned and keep a keepsake of all the fun projects you’ve made together!
- See all of our famous artists for kids art projects!
Fun Science Experiments
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!
FREE Printable Artists Report Form
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!