Our family has loved studying various famous artists over the last couple years. I want my kids to be well rounded cultured kids when they leave our nest! Plus I think that art can be such a wonderful way for kids to express themselves. I love the message that studying so many different styles of art gives to kids – it’s okay to be an individual, unique, just the way God made you!
Teaching Children about Famous Artists
For our famous artists studies we:
1) Read about the artist using Getting to Know World’s Famous Artists by Mike Venezia. I’ve pictured it below along with some other good series we use
2) Make some art in the style of the artists you are studying
3) Fieldtrip! When possible, I love to take the kids to see one of the artist’s actually works of art at a local art museum.
Famous Artist Report Form
I created these worksheets for kids for my kids to record what they learn about each artist . The kids put each page in a 3 ring binder so they can look back and remember not only about the artists, but all the fun we’ve had homeschooling together.
The front page [as you can see in the sample above] includes information about the artist. You can attach a postcard or print of one of the artists famous paintings.
Page 2 (Back Side)
The back side is more about your child’s impression of the artists and style. There is space for a picture of your child and their copycat masterpiece as well.
Download FREE Printable Artists Report Form
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!